Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Sep 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #376 of 795
Well that's a bit of good news, I was planning on hooking up my W4 to the Studio V as well as my K2 sp's.

On the file front, to be absolutely sure I decided to take the advice on the thread and re encoded my files to setting 0 using DBpoweramp. I've given the recently re encoded files another quick run through and all is well. It was kind of nice to go from 20 plus GB of files to only 16 GB's. I may give my iTunes collection another quick look and see if there's anything else I might want to throw in. Tomorrow should be the big day for me so anyone have any advice on first startup? When I throw my SD card in I'm hoping it won't take forever for the player to build up the directory. Speaking of which, all I have to do is boot up the player and throw in the card and wait for the card to be completely scanned, correct?

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #378 of 795
Quote:
from my experience, it is never a good idea to insert/remove the micro sd card unless the DAP is completely powered off.

Gotcha thanks for the tip.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #379 of 795
FLAC 0 isn't required. FLAC 8 works fine but the space saving isn't worth it. FLAC 0 will have the less processor load and is only slightly larger. It's controversal but I still sonically prefer wav to FLAC 0 to FLAC 8 and yes, I know they're all bit perfect. It's also a general statement and not specific to HiSound. Your results may vary
bigsmile_face.gif
 and I'm not getting deeper into it. Just my opinion so lets keep this thread on track.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #380 of 795
Quote:
FLAC 0 isn't required. FLAC 8 works fine but the space saving isn't worth it. FLAC 0 will have the less processor load and is only slightly larger. It's controversal but I still sonically prefer wav to FLAC 0 to FLAC 8 and yes, I know they're all bit perfect. It's also a general statement and not specific to HiSound. Your results may vary
bigsmile_face.gif
 and I'm not getting deeper into it. Just my opinion so lets keep this thread on track.

I agree with the WAV bit. For some reason it just sounds better and I cannot explain why that is just is to my ears. Once 128 GB cards come out and are reasonably priced It's all WAV for me :wink:. Probably gonna do the same on the DX100 even if I can't have my beautiful tags and such. As long as I can organize everything via playlists it won't matter anyways.

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #383 of 795
anyone have issues with freezing screen on the studio v? my unit always freeze when i turn off the stuido v, it freezes when saying bye-bye.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #384 of 795
So... just received the "normal" Studio V (not the anniversary edition) and I'm in the process of charging it. When I inserted my 64GB microSD card (44GB used), it stood in the "initializing" screen for quite a while but it seems all went well and I'm already listening to a couple of songs :wink:

Anyway, I have a question, how do I make the player shuffle through EVERY song on the microSD card? When I go to Resource Manager, I can select any folder and it will just Shuffle through that folder but is there a way to have it shuffle through all folders? (ala Sansa Clip Rockboxed)

Thanks.

P.S. Regarding sound, I'm finding it a bit "bass-light" even for my headphones (Ultrasone Signature Pro...). Wasn't aware that this DAP "tamed" the lows...

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #385 of 795
Throw out the contents of the system folder. It may be a hickup from the sdcard getting out in or out when on. Remove the card remove the contents of the system folder and see if it works right. If so, turn off, install the card and after ir's rebuilt the contents and is in full on mode, turn off agaiin to test with the card. It should work. If not, turn off and try another card. If still not, reinstall the FW.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #386 of 795
Wait... what?!?

I have to do all that so that the player can "Shuffle" all contents?!
Or maybe you misread my intentions or something?
(i.e. my cards contents is being correctly identified... I just don't know how to shuffle through everything...)

Thanks.

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #387 of 795
NO, no. Thats only when you've got a hickup from installing or removing the card while on which may be causing your turn off issue.

I don't use shuffle but I would think to do so from the music menu instead of from a source manager folder is how to play everything. I would expect it to only shuffle a selected folder in source manager if that's what I'm playing from.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #388 of 795
Yeah if you want to shuffle make sure to enable random play from music options. Then you need to select  play music or is it now playing? Basically that will take all music from both the internal and external card and put them together.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #389 of 795
Quote:

I have to do all that so that the player can "Shuffle" all contents?!

Thanks.

Select shuffle from the settings, when in resource manager, when u have the highlight on the folder you want to shuffle/play (external media folder included), hit the right button(fwd) and select "folder play"

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #390 of 795
Quote:

Select shuffle from the settings, when in resource manager, when u have the highlight on the folder you want to shuffle/play (external media folder included), hit the right button(fwd) and select "folder play"

You can do that but if  you want to have both the internal and external folders to shuffle you have to select now playing when you first turn the player on and it will allow you to shuffle all songs instead of just internal or external folder. Plus its much faster that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back