Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Sep 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #361 of 795
Quote:
Do you have drop box? Provide me your info and I'll send you an invite. The issue is not when these files are in WAV form but in FLAC. Once blown up to WAV and then copied to the device they exhibit non of these issues.

That's rather weird, have you tried different FLAC compression settings or maybe stripping off all tags to see what happens?

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #364 of 795
I use the old plug that was included from my Sflo2. It does the trick. I think via the USB port on the PC it will take significantly longer to charge.

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #367 of 795
Today I finished converting roughly 90 to 100 Apple Lossless albums to 320k mp3 at the insane quality level according to the selection. In Lossless they took over 23 gigabyyte whereas now it is under 10.

I am listening right now using the Wooduo IEMs. I will have to say it is way better than I was expecting. The two do seem to go sonically together.

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #368 of 795
Quote:
Today I finished converting roughly 90 to 100 Apple Lossless albums to 320k mp3 at the insane quality level according to the selection. In Lossless they took over 23 gigabyte whereas now it is under 10.
I am listening right now using the Wooduo IEMs. I will have to say it is way better than I was expecting. The two do seem to go sonically together.

Are you keeping those lossless files or are you really getting rid of them? I am convert after hearing potential differences between tracks. While it may not be so apparent on all tracks there are those exceptions. Enough so where I just go for broke and try to acquire everything in lossless.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #369 of 795
@Audio Addict,
I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the sound quality so far :) :D (especially given all the effort you have put in transferring file formats)...
I just wanted to mention that for the Studio-V2 prior to a long burn-in time, I did enjoy the LAME MP3 versions of many albums a bit more than the lossless version (as any harshness in treble or mid bass that exists prior to long burn-in was evened out... as well for older recordings, the sound was closer to what I was used to), but after burn-in, I definitely 100% find the lossless files to be more enjoyable for all albums (as they contain detail that is lost in even high quality LAME MP3s at high bitrate levels)...
I am just letting you know how I found things, just in case you choose to keep and perhaps use the lossless files later.

@Lee730,
I did find one strange thing with FLAC tags one time on the Studio-V... might be totally unrelated to issues you have seen however... :wink:
I tried to apply the FLAC sound level equalization tag (i.e. so that sound level was balanced for all music on my SD Card) - however, it seems that the Studio-V2 couldn't read that FLAC tag properly and it just destroyed the music quality for every single FLAC file (some files much worse than for others - but overall it was hell and I couldn't wait to remove those FLAC tags)..
I just mentioned this just in case you have any tags like this, in the FLAC files that were causing you a problem.

Cheers All, Asiaplay

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #371 of 795
@goodvibes,

Thanks for the comment.. yeah, I guess open codecs are not 100% identical all of the time (just as updates to closed codecs mean changes)...
I am like Lee730, also using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) for most of my encoding - so it is good to know about the existence of a potential problem, which could occur sometimes (at least now I can count that out as an original recording failure and try another encoder to see if that makes a difference, when I come across that)...

Thanks again - Asiaplay

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #372 of 795
Quote:
@goodvibes,
Thanks for the comment.. yeah, I guess open codecs are not 100% identical all of the time (just as updates to closed codecs mean changes)...
I am like Lee730, also using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) for most of my encoding - so it is good to know about the existence of a potential problem, which could occur sometimes (at least now I can count that out as an original recording failure and try another encoder to see if that makes a difference, when I come across that)...
Thanks again - Asiaplay

I think it may have to do with the compression level. It seems some songs are much more intensive with things going on in the song and with the compression too high you will run into clipping. So the songs where I notice clipping I'll try to set the compression to 0 for FLAC as goodvibes did and see if it solves the problems. I use FLAC Frontend to encode in FLAC.

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #374 of 795
Does anyone have any firsthand impressions on the last Studio-V and this newest one?

I've been sifting around the two 3rd Anniversary threads and I am not seeing much in the way of impressions. Most UI chatter. I currently own the last Studio-V and I am on the fence about this newest product. Is it worth it? My current portable IEM of choice are the W4s, which have very little hiss.. so the touted hiss reduction talk is nice, but in my position, that being the only difference is not a worthwhile upgrade. I am happy with the Studio-V, but I'm looking for a way to bump up my SQ levels without breaking the wallet on cables and secondary devices like DACs and amps.

Thanks! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back