Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Sep 22, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #331 of 795
Quote:
Thanks.
For a product in this day, I personally do not think the user should have to go through any conversion.

You have to keep in mind Apple doesn't control the entire market. While I agree with some of your sentiment, the very reason you are having these problems are due to apples control. They may have made the source open now but that wasn't a very long time ago and they were even making money off of an otherwise free codec. Most other vendors who sell DAPs will not support apple format, that's just how it goes. FLAC has always been an open source code and the most widely used among most DAPs. Apple doesn't support it without modification because its all a part of their need to control you. Just another reason why I don't bother with their products anymore. Plus there is a lot out there that sounds a hell of a lot better.

Sep 22, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #332 of 795
You have to keep in mind Apple doesn't control the entire market. While I agree with some of your sentiment, the very reason you are having these problems are due to apples control. They may have made the source open now but that wasn't a very long time ago and they were even making money off of an otherwise free codec. Most other vendors who sell DAPs will not support apple format, that's just how it goes. FLAC has always been an open source code and the most widely used among most DAPs. Apple doesn't support it without modification because its all a part of their need to control you. Just another reason why I don't bother with their products anymore. Plus there is a lot out there that sounds a hell of a lot better.

I guess since I use J Rivers or eLyric, both reads all file formats, I expected a DAP that suggests it is high end to be able to. Obviously, I did not ask enough questions or do enough research.

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #333 of 795
Quote:
I guess since I use J Rivers or eLyric, both reads all file formats, I expected a DAP that suggests it is high end to be able to. Obviously, I did not ask enough questions or do enough research.

I have J River and don't use it for syncing my music. I found it to have inconsistencies when playlists are in mind. It doesn't properly update the playlists and makes for a hassle to use. I use Media Monkey for this purpose and its spot on. For the best audio quality I use cPlay as it properly unzips the FLAC files back to WAV (before) playback and stores it in memory cache. Unlike other players which does it on the fly which leads to degradation of the sound. It's minimalist but if sound quality is your #1 priority it's a great compromise.

I'm curious though I just read on the Rocoo BA thread that Jack states the unit supports ALAC and AAC. I have my doubts about this but did you try and see if the files play? Wouldn't make sense for the Rocoo BA to have this ability and their flagship to not also...

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #334 of 795
I have J River and don't use it for syncing my music. I found it to have inconsistencies when playlists are in mind. It doesn't properly update the playlists and makes for a hassle to use. I use Media Monkey for this purpose and its spot on. For the best audio quality I use cPlay as it properly unzips the FLAC files back to WAV (before) playback and stores it in memory cache. Unlike other players which does it on the fly which leads to degradation of the sound. It's minimalist but if sound quality is your #1 priority it's a great compromise.

I'm curious though I just read on the Rocoo BA thread that Jack states the unit supports ALAC and AAC. I have my doubts about this but did you try and see if the files play? Wouldn't make sense for the Rocoo BA to have this ability and their flagship to not also...

Thanks for the suggestions.

The Apple Lossless all showed in their respective folders with the underlying files laid out also. However, I could not get the player to actually play them. It was similiar to the FLAC HiRes files. The only music that has played are the 3 files that on the internal media.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #335 of 795
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions.
The Apple Lossless all showed in their respective folders with the underlying files laid out also. However, I could not get the player to actually play them. It was similiar to the FLAC HiRes files. The only music that has played are the 3 files that on the internal media.

What is the bit rate of these songs? Are you getting a question mark next to these files? Wondering if your tags could be giving you issues. I had this issue on some of my FLAC tags before. I had to remove certain tags from these tracks as they were embedded with more than one type of tag which was causing an issue on the Studio V.

Not sure if mp3tag works with ALAC. I'll see if I can mess around with it and see where it gets me... Well I actually only have one set of ALAC or is it .mp4 files in 24/96 lossless... I'll try create some new files and see if I can help :). ALAC is created via Monkey Audio right? APE? Never mind figured it out. I thought APE was an apple format? Guess not?
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Looks like mp3tag isn't compatible with ALAC so I'm not really sure how to help you on this one. It won't even read the files. I'd say your best bet is to use Free Audio Converter to convert from ALAC to WAV.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Audio-Converter.htm

You can just do this to your files directly on your Studio V is you want to keep the rest of your files intact in ALAC. Just say no to the other offered installs and just download the program. Its an excellent program and will allow you to convert over without losing quality. Then you can use FLAC Frontend to convert back from WAV to FLAC. mp3 tag will let you tag your files if you are missing files. Sorry for the hassle but once you get it down its not quite so bad. I'd say just have a back up of your files after you've done this so you never have to go through it again :). So it looks like I have 0 ALAC files.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #336 of 795
Quote:
, I expected a DAP that suggests it is high end to be able to.

This would be the first under $800. Apples don't play FLAC or WMA. Sansa just started doing AAC and don't do ALAC. Cowons don't do ALAC or aac. HiFiman don't do ALAC. The only universal player is the Ibasso at twice the price.

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #337 of 795
i just notice something interesting in the studio v 3rd anv. i was playing a music and theres an guitar playing in the right channel, when i move the song backward the guitar part become on the left channel. i dont know if its a bug or just something is wrong is my unit or IEM but i had test it on several songs and its like the right and left channel is swapped when im move the song backward to listen to the same part. im gonna test it with another IEM when i got home.

edit: just tested it with another IEM and the same issue appeared.

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #338 of 795
Quote:
i just notice something interesting in the studio v 3rd anv. i was playing a music and theres an guitar playing in the right channel, when i move the song backward the guitar part become on the left channel. i dont know if its a bug or just something is wrong is my unit or IEM but i had test it on several songs and its like the right and left channel is swapped when im move the song backward to listen to the same part. im gonna test it with another IEM when i got home.

edit: just tested it with another IEM and the same issue appeared.

Hmm. Did you try pause the song and then play again and see if it has the same problem?

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #339 of 795
Quote:
Hmm. Did you try pause the song and then play again and see if it has the same problem?

there seems to be no problem when the song is pause and played again, the problem only occurs when the song is move backwards. i think its just some kind of bug in the firmware

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #340 of 795
Quote:
there seems to be no problem when the song is pause and played again. i think its just some kind of bug in the firmware

Ok cause I tend to do that a lot when the unit glitches. Not sure if you've ever gotten pauses when trying to adjust the volume at times? I just pause it and resume playback to ensure its all good.

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #341 of 795
Quote:
Ok cause I tend to do that a lot when the unit glitches. Not sure if you've ever gotten pauses when trying to adjust the volume at times? I just pause it and resume playback to ensure its all good.

i never get that kind of issue of gotten pauses when trying to adjust the volume though sometimes it does lag when music is playing.

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #342 of 795
Quote:
i never get that kind of issue of gotten pauses when trying to adjust the volume though sometimes it does lag when music is playing.

Similar to that issue. Seems if I rapidly change things too fast it will do that, even with the volume changing. Nothing new though it was the same on the older model.

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #343 of 795
Quote:
Similar to that issue. Seems if I rapidly change things too fast it will do that, even with the volume changing. Nothing new though it was the same on the older model.

i hope there will be a new firmware that fix some of the glitch and bug, but none of that really matters to me since the sound quality of the studio v is really good that i can just ignore the problem in the studio v

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #345 of 795
Quote:

This happens when i play high-res tracks on my unit. I suspect the processing unit in this player is'nt powerful enough to allow browsing when playing high-res files.

It's fine with 320kbps MP3 though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back