Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Oct 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #391 of 795
Quote:

Select shuffle from the settings, when in resource manager, when u have the highlight on the folder you want to shuffle/play (external media folder included), hit the right button(fwd) and select "folder play"

a-haaa!! Thanks.

Tried to do that and the player froze! LOL
So maybe that's the way... (and I think it froze due to too many files probably?!?)

Overall, my quick opinion, the player sounds very good (although a bit bright... need to pair it with other headphones to be sure), it looks great but for being upwards to $300, it's not very good... At least I know what to avoid in the future! :p

I'm going to try one of those Samsung Galaxy Players next... (paired with the Leckerton amp). Pretty sure I wont face too many problems trying to play all my files and it seems battery performance is great on those too! (battery time was one of the few reasons I acquired this Studio V player.)

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #392 of 795
Quote:
 a-haaa!! Thanks.

Tried to do that and the player froze! LOL
So maybe that's the way... (and I think it froze due to too many files probably?!?)

Overall, my quick opinion, the player sounds very good (although a bit bright... need to pair it with other headphones to be sure), it looks great but for being upwards to $300, it's not very good... At least I know what to avoid in the future! :p

I'm going to try one of those Samsung Galaxy Players next... (paired with the Leckerton amp). Pretty sure I wont face too many problems trying to play all my files and it seems battery performance is great on those too! (battery time was one of the few reasons I acquired this Studio V player.)

Thanks!

When you do this method it will take a while for it to begin playing. That is why I recommend against it. If you leave it alone it will start playing. But the much faster way is to restart the player. Then when it loads to the first screen just press the middle button to being playing music. This will allow you to play all music. Then you can put it on random from options. Problem solved. Selecting via the folder option will only play all songs from the selected folder. So if you select the entire external folder it will play all songs within that folder but not include the internal folder. Plus this method could take a couple minutes to load as you had mentioned. If you mess with it when it is attempting to load it will freeze the player.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #393 of 795
Quote:
When you do this method it will take a while for it to begin playing. That is why I recommend against it. If you leave it alone it will start playing. But the much faster way is to restart the player. Then when it loads to the first screen just press the middle button to being playing music. This will allow you to play all music. Then you can put it on random from options. Problem solved. Selecting via the folder option will only play all songs from the selected folder. So if you select the entire external folder it will play all songs within that folder but not include the internal folder. Plus this method could take a couple minutes to load as you had mentioned. If you mess with it when it is attempting to load it will freeze the player.

Got it!!
I actually THOUGHT it froze, but it was just "loading"... so I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID about the player not working! :p

I'll try that other method next time! :wink:

Thanks!

P.S. So... the player doesn't "save" the settings and you have to update them every time? (i.e. If I change "Play Mode" or the time for the screen to turn off, etc. )

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #394 of 795
I don't think you should have to constantly set the settings. I could be wrong though... I remember when enabling auto shutdown that it remembers it.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #396 of 795
Not really much for Tags on WAV. I think you can just rename the filename, that's about it to my knowledge. So basically the track name on your player is the filename. WAV seems to sound the very best on these players. Even on the DX100. Just I'm limited on space right now so I'm gonna stick to FLAC until 128 GB cards are out. Then it's no longer "Once you go FLAC you never go back" :p.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #397 of 795
Well another day went by and still no player even though it's been in my city since late Friday evening and the tracking shows it as being delivered and my PO box being carded. Ever since this waiting game between me and Canada Post started two days ago I've been back and fourth on their support line giving them heck. After the third call I'm beginning to think they're feeding me a load of lies because they lost my package and are scrambling around hoping it turns up. Tomorrow if I don't get my package I'm putting on my bad guy gorilla suit and I'm going to go postal on the post office.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #398 of 795
lol I know how you feel. It took 3 weeks for me to get my package. It spend over a week sitting in New York collecting dust. Then all of a sudden it says at sort facility and out for delivery within the same day :p.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #400 of 795
Quote:
if you want to shuffle all songs from internal and external memory:
settings > play mode > repeat all
then again while in settings > play mode > random
go back to now playing, and it is now in full shuffle mode.

So you mean this method works if you missed selecting "now playing" when first turning on the player? So Instead of restarting you can do this work around? Sounds pretty cool. Still kinda wish we didn't have to do such work-arounds :p. But it's minor.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #401 of 795
Quote:
So you mean this method works if you missed selecting "now playing" when first turning on the player? So Instead of restarting you can do this work around? Sounds pretty cool. Still kinda wish we didn't have to do such work-arounds :p. But it's minor.

Sounds like the OS is capable it's just not polished the way it could be.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #402 of 795
Well it is quite basic to be honest. I'd call it the cave man of DAP UIs. Still runs circles around the SFlo2s dumb UI...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #403 of 795
Quote:
Well it is quite basic to be honest. I'd call it the cave man of DAP UIs. Still runs circles around the SFlo2s dumb UI...
rolleyes.gif

I dunno, I like to think somewhere out there there's got to be somebody who can hard code a decent intuitive OS into a audiophile style DAP. I'm surprised none of the DIY people on here never tried gutting out a iPod or Sony player and giving it more bite in the hardware dept or maybe doing they're own DAP and then finding a hack to install iOS on it. I'm also shocked nobodies tried it with Android.

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #405 of 795
Quote:

yeah, not too bad. 
Also, I wish it would always keep the settings when powering down the unit. I know it's capable of doing it, but it doesn't do it all the time(keep the settings). It sucks having to start from scratch every time I power on the unit. damn work-arounds!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back