Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Oct 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #421 of 795
Quote:
lol well so far you've been happy with it pairing to all your IEMs and hiss doesn't seem to be an issue for you. I'm wondering if my IE80s are just that much more sensitive than most IEMs in general :p....

It's probably those boutique cables you're using. Silver cabling from what I understand is supposed to have a lower impedance value compared to say copper.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #422 of 795
Quote:
It's probably those boutique cables you're using. Silver cabling from what I understand is supposed to have a lower impedance value compared to say copper.

Nah I used it on my IE80s before with the regular cable. Still was pretty bad (was the older model and noticeably worse). Probably is worse though with the silver cable. Just the IE80 is that sensitive. Still not easy to drive IMO but very sensitive. When I mean hard to drive I mean to its full potential which the Studio V seems to do unlike any other DAP.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #423 of 795
Quote:
I'm rather liking the overall form factor, feels solid and just the right size for mobile use. If HiSound puts a little more work into this player and irons out some of the glitches this DAP could be a real killer product.

THIS!
I like the form factor also. It is a capable DAP and right now I'm even using my Mad Dogs and it's driving them well... (have not cranked it up yet though...). But it's sluggish and an hour ago it froze on me... (not sure if it met a song with an incompatible tag, or format, etc. -- my sd card has a collection of different files, mp3s, wavs, FLAC, etc. and different bit rates...)

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #424 of 795
Quote:
THIS!to
I like the form factor also. It is a capable DAP and right now I'm even using my Mad Dogs and it's driving them well... (have not cranked it up yet though...). But it's sluggish and an hour ago it froze on me... (not sure if it met a song with an incompatible tag, or format, etc. -- my sd card has a collection of different files, mp3s, wavs, FLAC, etc. and different bit rates...)

Could be the tags of files, I'm beginning to wonder if I should rip to WAV and then to FLAC? If I went WAV anything and everything tag and album art wise would be wiped out completely, right?

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #426 of 795
Alright, I've plugged in the V player to my laptop and did some surfing around on the internal memory. I got rid of the sample music and navigated to the playlists folder. From there I created a couple of folders inside the playlist folder and named them Rock and Electronica respectively. I threw a half dozen or so random songs in each folder and unplugged the V from my computer. Started clicking around on the player and went to the playlists folder and saw my newly created folders in the playlist. Opened up one of the folders and hit play I then navigated away from the playlists section and entered settings. I then clicked on play mode and chose random and navigated out of settings and into the now playing section. I waited until the next song began and noted the songs in the folder were no longer being played in order but were being shuffled by the players random play feature. I'm glad to see that feature seems to work without a hiccup, 75% of the time I usually use the shuffle feature on my iPod.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #427 of 795
Quote:
Alright, I've plugged in the V player to my laptop and did some surfing around on the internal memory. I got rid of the sample music and navigated to the playlists folder. From there I created a couple of folders inside the playlist folder and named them Rock and Electronica respectively. I threw a half dozen or so random songs in each folder and unplugged the V from my computer. Started clicking around on the player and went to the playlists folder and saw my newly created folders in the playlist. Opened up one of the folders and hit play I then navigated away from the playlists section and entered settings. I then clicked on play mode and chose random and navigated out of settings and into the now playing section. I waited until the next song began and noted the songs in the folder were no longer being played in order but were being shuffled by the players random play feature. I'm glad to see that feature seems to work without a hiccup, 75% of the time I usually use the shuffle feature on my iPod.

Wait a minute are you saying playlists are working for you? Because I've tried for my life to get that feature working and never could....
mad.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #430 of 795
I just went to the playlist folder created some folders with the genre names on them and copied and pasted some songs into those folders. I agree it's not a real playlist but it does work like a charm. I just click on whatever song I want in said folder and navigate to settings and set the player to random. I must also add there's no glitches no nothing when I'm clicking around, everything works rather smoothly
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally got around to trying out my DT1350 on the V this afternoon. I was scared it would have way to much treble energy due to the V having a more forward sounding treble. Good news the treble isn't overly hot or at least no more hot then it usually is. I'm also glad to report the V drives the DT1350 quite well. The only other gear I could say does a better overall job with the DT1350 would be the RX MK II but even so it would only be marginally better. I noticed the mids no longer sound shouty on the DT1350 when paired with the V Player. The V Player DAC is obviously better then the lowly iPod onboard DAC.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #432 of 795
The DAC is sigmatel. The amp is their own private proprietary build. This and how they have designed the board itself is what makes the player sound so good. The DAC may not be the highest rated out there. But how they implemented it into the design is what makes it all sound so good.

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #433 of 795
Quote:
The DAC is sigmatel. The amp is their own private proprietary build. This and how they have designed the board itself is what makes the player sound so good. The DAC may not be the highest rated out there. But how they implemented it into the design is what makes it all sound so good.

Ok, thanks lee.  Looking forward to hearing these.  

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #434 of 795
Thought I'd throw some pics up on the thread of the player with my K2 sp's

I went by a fellow head-fiers place tonight and showed him the player. He liked the sound and we tried an experiment with the player. He owns a AKG 600 ohm Sextette so we plugged the headphone in to see if the V player could handle such power demanding gear. We had to crank the the sound level to near max but we were able to get the sound levels up to acceptable listening levels without any clipping. The sound itself wasn't to bad, we've heard the Sextette sound better on his Bottlehead Crack amp but none the less the sound was quite respectable.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #435 of 795
Quote:

I went by a fellow head-fiers place tonight and showed him the player. He liked the sound and we tried an experiment with the player. He owns a AKG 600 ohm Sextette so we plugged the headphone in to see if the V player could handle such power demanding gear. We had to crank the the sound level to near max but we were able to get the sound levels up to acceptable listening levels without any clipping. The sound itself wasn't to bad, we've heard the Sextette sound better on his Bottlehead Crack amp but none the less the sound was quite respectable.

Not sure if you've had a chance to audition the IE80s with your Studio V yet. I highly recommend you give it a go if you can find a shop that will let you demo them. Amazing synergy and sound from that pairing. I sent out my silver cable today for repair so I have no IE80s for at least a couple weeks :frowning2:. Had to though as I almost lost an IEM 3 times already. I am so lucky I found them that many time..... Will most likely invest in a Tralucent cable for my IE80s down the road. Just funds are a bit tight now so gotta cut back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back