Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #5,281 of 10,312
No....There is a % of gold within the wire and it has a significant effect on the silver's typical sonic signature.

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #5,282 of 10,312
  I take it the silver widow uses silver wire? I'm not sure I like the sound of silver I've heard in the past, but what I am taking from this thread is that the Silver Widow isn't a typical silver sound???

Silver Poison and Silver Widow contain gold, and that's where the magic is.Moreover, sound quality is determined by quality and mix of the material(s), cable geometry, diameter...

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #5,283 of 10,312
his wire is awesome and deserves far greater exposure. Plus he is not content to sit back with his current product line but is always coming forward with new ideas and innovations. Also - from my point of view what with me being an Englander - its great to have someone in the UK making quality audio equipment.
pJgsrr

I am from the mainland..europe, the netherlands..and i too agree he makes some kickass stuff..

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #5,284 of 10,312
HE-6 owners.
I am in search of a cable upgrade from the standard Hifiman cable. What is the go to cable for the 6s? Have used the search function but it took me back over a year and I'm sure Toxic has improved their magic since then. Any comments you experienced from the upgrade would be welcomed.

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #5,285 of 10,312
HE-6 owners.
I am in search of a cable upgrade from the standard Hifiman cable. What is the go to cable for the 6s? Have used the search function but it took me back over a year and I'm sure Toxic has improved their magic since then. Any comments you experienced from the upgrade would be welcomed.

Balanced or TRS? The new balanced Black Widow looks fantastic, check it out on Frank's profile.

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #5,287 of 10,312
  his wire is awesome and deserves far greater exposure. Plus he is not content to sit back with his current product line but is always coming forward with new ideas and innovations. Also - from my point of view what with me being an Englander - its great to have someone in the UK making quality audio equipment.
pJgsrr

+1

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #5,288 of 10,312
I know I'm a very objective person and have gotten a lot of grief and flack from other cable companies for starting this thread even though I am a reviewer, but Toxic Cables (Like DHC & a few others), actually take quality, time, and precision in their products, and I think that's something almost anyone will appreciate.

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #5,289 of 10,312
Quick shot of less then half the sleeved cables that have gone out so far, most of my sales are for non sleeved cables, so this is nothing compared to the pictures of cables to come.

Will post pictures of the rest of the sleeved cables and other cables later this week.

I have been and am extremely busy at present, so please forgive me if you have not received a reply to messages. I will go through them later this week, and you will get  a reply.

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #5,290 of 10,312
pJgsrr

I hear all the positives from members, I get it that Franks cables are well made and highly regarded, so no problem there, but I'd still like to hear from an LCD-3 user with feedback about how they sound with these phones, every set of phones has different requirements and cables are subtly subjective more so than amps for instance. Anyone out there using LCD-3's :p

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #5,294 of 10,312
sorry for this, but i want more exposure, i have a virus for iem for sale please check it out!

on the other hand, my brand spanking new LCD 2 v3 will be with me shortly, and those will definitely need some toxicity ^_^ thinking of silver widow...

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #5,295 of 10,312
[COLOR=0000FF]Will also be launching a line of USB cables very soon, here is a taster,[/COLOR]

Looks perfect..love the letter type on ur cable..well done mate... These will look sexy on any rig..no matter the price..and if u have some kind of chrome book or a mac..this sleeve will look almost as if its made for those...
Once again..well done..
Only now u have to put the right pricing on ur new line..and u have a winner on ur handds again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back