Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #4,832 of 10,312
  Because Frank can.........that is pretty awesome hah.

AND DONT FORGET...HE IS TOTALLY NUTS TO EVEN TRY IT..OR COME UP WITH IT!. A VERY RARE SNAKE MUST HAVE PUT HER EGGS INTO HIM..SO HE ONLY THINKS:...TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC..MUST MAKE TOXIC...DO TOXIC..BREATHY TOXIC...MAKE TOXIC BABIES FOR THE HEADPHONES...TOXICATE ALL THE HEADPHONE WORLD..NOOOOO TOXIC EVERYONE WITH MY CABLES...HAHAHAHA (VERY EVIL LAUGH OF AN EXTREME EVIL CRAZY GENIUS!!..SOME SAY HE IS HERE FROM A FAR FAR PLANET WHERE EVERYONE USES TOXIC THINGIES AND THAT HE IS HERE TO INVADE OUR PLANET...HEEELLLLPPPPP..MAY THE HEADPHONE GODS BE WITH US...)

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #4,833 of 10,312

Doubles as power cables or speaker cables. Here's a picture of the adapter, as you can see, you can plug in the IEM pins to the sockets on the back of the power plug. 
biggrin.gif

That's pure genius right there. These will sell like crazy! I can't be the only one who has had moments like "Oh man, I need ANOTHER power cable? I wish there was an adaptor for my IEM cable, THAT would make everything much easier!"

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #4,834 of 10,312
That's pure genius right there. These will sell like crazy! I can't be the only one who has had moments like "Oh man, I need ANOTHER power cable? I wish there was an adaptor for my IEM cable, THAT would make everything much easier!"

Once again this is proof how frank works..its not only about selling the most cables and badmouthing other brands... No.. He goes his own way..and does that with flair, inspration, dedication, intelligence and hard work..he always manages to surprise me..with the products he makes, the way he thanks his customers for their patience (free cables contests).. just how he reacts on pm's and mails..i cant remember a supplier doing that EVER..and as i said before i am in the procurement business for more then 20 years now..so i know a thing or two about suppliers all over the world..and he is an unicum..a cry in the desert..so we guys have to make him bigger..tell it to enyone in ur social enviroment...he deserves it!. :D

i dont think i will even buy another brand ever again for my future headphones..am serious now!!

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #4,835 of 10,312
OK guys, seems someone just wanted to place an order for this IEM cables, this was me just messing about and checking what can be done, posted it here for a laugh. Although things like this are not hard to do,selling an adapter for a IEM cable to work as a power cable, would just be dangerous. Imagine should one of those tiny pins break 

Was just having a giggle here
biggrin.gif
 let's just hope i don't electrocute myself :)

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #4,838 of 10,312
Ur so bad...u should be ashamed of urself! playing with our emotions..us..the poor headphone owners :D

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #4,840 of 10,312
  OK guys, seems someone just wanted to place an order for this IEM cables, this was me just messing about and checking what can be done, posted it here for a laugh. Although things like this are not hard to do,selling an adapter for a IEM cable to work as a power cable, would just be dangerous. Imagine should one of those tiny pins break 

Was just having a giggle here
biggrin.gif
 let's just hope i don't electrocute myself :)

blink.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #4,842 of 10,312
Here is my experience with Toxic Cables.

1) I ordered a Scorpion cable on February 18, 2013.  It has not arrived (or shipped as far as I know).  It is now October 2.  So that is now 7 1/2 months of waiting.  I put 2013 on the date because the year is nearing a close and future discussions of this order might have to reference 2014, 2015, etc.

2) After PMing with Frank I got this response on July 3 (which is now 13 weeks ago):

"Sorry, i have moved it to the priority list now, it will ship next week without fail."

Maybe "without fail" means something different in England.  When I say it, it actually means what it sounds like.  Not only was it not "next week" without fail, it wasn't the next week, or the week after that, or the successive week, or the week that followed that one, or... you get the idea.

3)  So if there is a "priority list", which would seem to imply a list of orders to be competed before others, I am confused as to why I received this    
message from Frank on September 9 (which was 9 weeks after saying my cable would go out "next week without fail"):

"...everyone's order is processed based on when it was received. No single person who has ordered a headphone cable after you has yet received their order...

If that statement is true, then the "priority list" comment has to be lip service only.  And the latter comment would mean that nobody who ordered a cable after February 18 has received their order.  Is that possibly true?  If so then I apologize to all involved.  But I feel as though I have fallen victim to the world's first and only headphone cable Ponzi scheme.

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #4,843 of 10,312
  Maybe "without fail" means something different in England.  When I say it, it actually means what it sounds like.  Not only was it not "next week" without fail, it wasn't the next week, or the week after that, or the successive week, or the week that followed that one, or... you get the idea.

3)  So if there is a "priority list", which would seem to imply a list of orders to be competed before others, I am confused as to why I received this    
message from Frank on September 9 (which was 9 weeks after saying my cable would go out "next week without fail"):

If that statement is true, then the "priority list" comment has to be lip service only.  And the latter comment would mean that nobody who ordered a cable after February 18 has received their order.  Is that possibly true?  If so then I apologize to all involved.  But I feel as though I have fallen victim to the world's first and only headphone cable Ponzi scheme.

This is not a Ponzi scheme .. Your buying goods not investing.

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #4,844 of 10,312

Mid September i replied to you, saying that no one gets a cable before anyone that has ordered before them, with the exception of IEM cables sometimes, as those are also made in separate batches. This message also told you that the cables are in production and that i would PM you once it goes out and no timeline was given, i received no reply.

I have no intention of running away with your £ for the Scorpion cable, and if you felt i was running a scheme, then any person that feels this would ask for a refund and failing being issued a refund, would then make such comments. A refund was also offered to you last month.
If you looked a few page earlier, you would see that i posted an update regarding all the orders.

Anyway, i feel it is best that i refund you and have already sent you a full refund using the gift option. I am sorry for the wait and hope you can order it elsewhere and get it quick. 

For all those waiting, please read my post a few pages earlier and below is a picture of just a very small percentage of the cables i have been making at home, the rest are in the workshop, just so you know, that a batch of cables are in production and this is no scheme. I guess everyone already knows this otherwise regular followers of this thread would still not be placing orders on a daily basis, and i thank you all for that.

All delayed orders will ship this month, with the exception of maybe some Venom cable.

I will post pics of all the cables together once they are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back