Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #4,790 of 10,312
I am having flashbacks to Franks Random Number Generator!  
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #4,793 of 10,312
£125

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #4,794 of 10,312
OK, let end this before we have 20 more pages. 
biggrin.gif

Firstly i would like to thank everyone for their comments on my previous post, regarding the workshop, i really do appreciate it and it means a lot.

This new cable will be for my budget line, that i intend on releasing. I am still deciding if i should release them under the Toxic Cable brand or a new brand altogether, any thoughts.

The following will hopefully answer some of the questions many might have on why i am releasing this small new line of cables and how i can do them at the price i am.

In recent months, i have come across dozens of posts, where people are comparing the prices of one brand to another and a couple of these posts mentioned Toxic Cables. I found out about these after being referred to them by some of my loyal customers. 

I replied to a couple of these posts, but usually i don't like getting in to such discussions.  Many of these is because the person has not really compared the specs of one cable to another, or they are just repeating what they have been told.

When comparing cables and their prices, there are several factors you need to look at. Build quality, materials used, lesser purity, time it take to build one over the other and other expenses one manufacturer might have over the other.

I recently had someone email me referring me to another manufacturers silver cable, was just that, a silver cable while the Poison is silver/gold, it was also shorter then my Poison and and was roughly £10 cheaper then the Poison, they wanted to know if i would beat that price, in which case they would buy from me, answer was no as i already price my cables as low as i possibly can to start with. 

Firstly, not only is Silver/Gold wire more expensive, but there are many many OCC silver wire manufacturers out there currently, compared to only 3-4 a few years ago.  Some are selling the same gauge wire near half the price of the other and this is just some of the things the average buyer might not realize, you get what you pay for. This is also not to say that paying more always get's you better, it does not.

I try to offer the very best cables at the very best prices, prices that i would be happy paying myself and i am quite sure many of you already know this.

With the new budget line, it's exactly that, you get what you pay for, although in this case, you will be getting much more. Starting at £115 for a 6ft OCC Cryo stranded 26AWG silver cable (see, not as expensive as some of you thought), this is by far the cheapest stranded silver cable on the market now.  Do not be fooled by the cheap price, this is a very good sounding quality cable, maybe not in the league of the Poison or Widow, but which other cable available currently is 
biggrin.gif
, i just get the wire from a new manufacturer who i will only be using for the budget line cables.

I have not skimped on this cable, far from it. The cable is made up of 4 wires, 2 per channel and all 4 stranded conductors are OCC silver, not plated silver.
Below the Y split, the cable is fully shielded with a copper braid, this adds more expense to the cable, not less as rookie might have thought in his above post, it is then sleeved in a black PVC jacket as standard.  Please note, that the Y split wil be different then pictured, i might get a different aluminium one made for these, or it might be a carbon fibre one that i had previously used on my cables.

Prices will start at £115 for 6ft and £125 for 8ft. The cables will only go on sale once i have completed my current backlog.  

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #4,796 of 10,312
Sensui at £118!

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #4,797 of 10,312
[COLOR=006400]OK, let end this before we have 20 more pages. :D [/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]Firstly i would like to thank everyone for their comments on my previous post, regarding the workshop, i really do appreciate it and it means a lot.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]This new cable will be for my budget line, that i intend on releasing. I am still deciding if i should release them under the Toxic Cable brand or a new brand altogether, any thoughts.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]The following will hopefully answer some of the questions many might have on why i am releasing this small new line of cables and how i can do them at the price i am.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]In recent months, i have come across dozens of posts, where people are comparing the prices of one brand to another and a couple of these posts mentioned Toxic Cables. I found out about these after being referred to them by some of my loyal customers. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]I replied to a couple of these posts, but usually i don't like getting in to such discussions.  Many of these is because the person has not really compared the specs of one cable to another, or they are just repeating what they have been told.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]When comparing cables and their prices, there are several factors you need to look at. Build quality, materials used, time it take to build one over the other and other expenses one manufacturer might have over the other.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]I recently had someone email me referring me to another manufacturers silver cable, was just that, a silver cable while the Poison is silver/gold, it was also shorter then my Poison and and was roughly £10 cheaper then the Poison, they wanted to know if i would beat that price, in which case they would buy from me, answer was no.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]Firstly, not only is Silver/Gold wire more expensive, but there are many many OCC silver wire manufacturers out there currently, compared to only 3-4 a few years ago.  Some are selling the same gauge wire near half the price of the other and this is just some of the things the average buyer might not realize, you get what you pay for. This is also not to say that paying more always get's you better, it does not.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]I try to offer the very best cables at the very best prices, prices that i would be happy paying myself and i am quite sure many of you already know this.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]With the new budget line, it's exactly that, you get what you pay for, although in this case, you will be getting much more Starting at £115 for a 6ft OCC Cryo stranded 26AWG silver cable (see, not as expensive as some of you thought), this is by far the cheapest stranded silver cable on the market now.  Do not be fooled by the cheap price, this is a very good sounding quality cable, maybe not in the league of the Poison or Widow, but which other cable available is [/COLOR]:D ,[COLOR=006400] i just get the wire from a new manufacturer who i will only be using for the budget line cables.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]I have not skimped on this cable, far from it. The cable is made up of 4 wires, 2 per channel and all 4 stranded conductors are OCC silver, not plated silver.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=006400]Below the Y split, the cable is fully shielded with a copper braid, this adds more expense to the cable, not less as rookie might have thought in his above post, it is then sleeved in a black PVC jacket as standard.  Please note, that the Y split wil be different then pictured, i might get a different aluminium one made for these, or it might be a carbon fibre one that i had previously used on my cables.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]Prices will start at £115 for 6ft and £125 for 8ft. The cables will only go on sale once i have completed my current backlog.[/COLOR]

Oopsie about the copper thingie..my bad! My apologies :wink:

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #4,798 of 10,312
Oopsie about the copper thingie..my bad! My apologies
wink.gif

Not a problem. It's strange how you know how my mind must work. Me asking people to guess prices must mean it will be cheap 
biggrin.gif

Hopefully next month, i will make up a load of review cables with the new wire and send them out to get some reviews up.

I

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #4,799 of 10,312

Not a problem. It's strange how you know how my mind must work. Me asking people to guess prices must mean it will be cheap 
biggrin.gif

Hopefully next month, i will make up a load of review cables with the new wire and send them out to get some reviews up.

I

I would definitely be up for that! And also, would you be interested in a tour by any chance? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back