Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 23, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #4,516 of 10,312
Quote:
Welcome to the thread. Very cool setup. I too have the IE80's with Frank's silver poison cables. I absolutely love them. Still burning the cables in at the moment and I am glad to hear that after only 8 hours there was a remarkable difference. I'm just about at the 8 hour mark and definitely looking forward to to these amazing cables full potential.

Thanks, I know there are better amps out there, but I love my D2 Boa setup with the iPhone like that for casual portable listening...

Aug 23, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #4,520 of 10,312
Aug 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #4,521 of 10,312
Quote:
Got my Silver Widow balanced IEM cable and a mini to mini Silver Widow as well. Look great, sound great. Honestly, I expected high. Received higher. Great job Frank! Time wise no complaints - received in the exact promised timeframe - 9 weeks. Will post pictures later.

When I read that another person gets his order in just 9 weeks. I have to wonder what the heck is going on? My order is almost at 5 months wait time by the end of next week. I have read that others have already waited in excess of six months. How is it possible that an order can be processed in and delivered in only 9 weeks. I think toxic cable needs to prioritize their orders and process them in order with the oldest orders processed first. I think that is the only fair.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #4,522 of 10,312
I don't think it's that simple as to a "first come first serve" type of business model. While the order of the custom cable orders probably plays a big part, there are other factors Frank has to consider in terms of labor efficiencies and material efficiencies/availability/sourcing....I'm only speaking from a manufacturer point of view (my background) in general and I'm sure he has more factors than that even to consider.  It's not easy catering to a customized market, nothing like churning out the same product in 100's of thousands.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #4,523 of 10,312
Quote:
I bought and paid for a copper cable (Scorpion) on February 18.  Still waiting for it to arrive.  In 3 days that will be 6 months of wait time.  I have bought a great many things online and this "purchase" is easily the worst experience I have ever had with anything I have ever bought.  I can't call it a purchase yet since I have no reason to believe that what I paid for will ever show up. 

Ditto I am waiting almost 5 months on my scorpion audeze cable. I guess I am going to be waiting at least another   month before mine comes. I know from comments that the cable is worth the wait but like you until I get the cable that is just a bunch of hearsay. My experience only comprised of one rather brisk message reply that offered a refund offer and a current wait of 9-12 weeks which is at 19 weeks as of sunday. I think before this order is over I will have waited longer than I have ever waited for a product. It is moving up the ladder quickly as one of my worst experiences with purchasing anything.

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #4,524 of 10,312
Quote:
Just a little Toxic Taboo love for you guys, enjoy!

You have the same setup  I do....Taboo MK III and Audeze LCD 2.2s and in 8 weeks or so...a CSP 3.  I haven't bought an after market cable yet.  What is yours?....a Silver Widow 8 footer?  What are your impressions?  What did it cost in US Dollars....What was the wait time?  Thanks, Mark. 

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #4,525 of 10,312
All I can add is that as unpredictable as the wait time is, it has always been worth it when the cables arrived.

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #4,526 of 10,312
Quote:
You have the same setup  I do....Taboo MK III and Audeze LCD 2.2s and in 8 weeks or so...a CSP 3.  I haven't bought an after market cable yet.  What is yours?....a Silver Widow 8 footer?  What are your impressions?  What did it cost in US Dollars....What was the wait time?  Thanks, Mark. 

Your right it is a silver widow, 6 feet though. 

I really like it so far it is still burning in but definitely produces a much cleaner sound compared to the stock cables.
The improvements include a more detailed and extended bass and treble which I though was a little surprising.
I was actually going to get the newest cable(copper silver hybrid, can't remember its name) but Frank talked me into the Widow for the LCD-2's.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a CSP 3 before the price goes up. 
Right now I have to switch out RCA cables whenever I want to listen to my speakers...that is getting old really fast.
In addition everyone says the CSP add that extra something to the Taboo's sound so its a win win.

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #4,527 of 10,312
Quote:
Quote:

In addition everyone says the CSP add that extra something to the Taboo's sound so its a win win.

Yeah Man!...Great combo.....moar oooomph!

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #4,529 of 10,312
Quote:
Your right it is a silver widow, 6 feet though. 

I really like it so far it is still burning in but definitely produces a much cleaner sound compared to the stock cables.
The improvements include a more detailed and extended bass and treble which I though was a little surprising.
I was actually going to get the newest cable(copper silver hybrid, can't remember its name) but Frank talked me into the Widow for the LCD-2's.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a CSP 3 before the price goes up. 
Right now I have to switch out RCA cables whenever I want to listen to my speakers...that is getting old really fast.

I'm not sure I understand.....are you saying you keep the speaker cables disconnected until you want to listen to them?  I don't have speakers yet but have a set of Zu Audio "Souls" on order with a set of speaker cables with bananas on both ends so connecting and disconnecting to the Taboo is fast and easy....if I don't want the speakers running while listening to headphones.  How much were the Silver Widows?  Mark. 

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #4,530 of 10,312
Quote:
 Ditto I am waiting almost 5 months on my scorpion audeze cable. I guess I am going to be waiting at least another   month before mine comes. I know from comments that the cable is worth the wait but like you until I get the cable that is just a bunch of hearsay. My experience only comprised of one rather brisk message reply that offered a refund offer and a current wait of 9-12 weeks which is at 19 weeks as of sunday. I think before this order is over I will have waited longer than I have ever waited for a product. It is moving up the ladder quickly as one of my worst experiences with purchasing anything.

Quote:
  When I read that another person gets his order in just 9 weeks. I have to wonder what the heck is going on? My order is almost at 5 months wait time by the end of next week. I have read that others have already waited in excess of six months. How is it possible that an order can be processed in and delivered in only 9 weeks. I think toxic cable needs to prioritize their orders and process them in order with the oldest orders processed first. I think that is the only fair.

I don't prioritize one order over another when i receive them, i think sensui123 can vouch for that, as the value of his first order was several thousand and he waited longer then anyone else. If i was prioritizing an order, then it would have been that order, as a cancellation would have meant huge refund.

If you read through the thread, you will find that all the cables being received in a matter of 9 weeks or even 2 weeks have all been IEM cables and not headphone. I have also always stated on this thread that IEM cables have a shorter wait time then headphone cables and this is due to several reason, with one being that they are much quicker to make and on the majority of the cables, i have someone else do most of the work ans i have to just solder the jack on, while the other end has OM connectors.

Yes, cables are taking considerably longer then i had originally estimated, but this is not done on purpose. I am improving my cables all the time. You just have to look at the pictures on my site and how those cables look, compared to the one you finally receive, to know how much nicer/better it looks and making those improvements to those cable does mean the cables take longer to build.

For me, every cable that leaves my door, need to be perfect, and i go to extreme lengths to make sure of this. This includes everything down to the heatshrink on the connectors. I honestly change/cut off 2 or 3 heatshrink off every connector, before i am happy with one, as it need to be straight and matching on both sides and this is not easy to do with heatshrink and this again means it takes 2-3 times longer for me to do a connector, then it would someone else. Then there are the aluminum splitters on some cables, so now i am dealing with screws, washers and nuts to contend with, rather then some heatshrink over a tube, so this all takes longer.  Just go online and compare the finish on my cable to others and you might just see what i mean.

I am doing my best, i am working as 24/7 to try and get the pending orders out and that's all i can do. The has been long and i appreciate how most are sticking it through and promise that every single person who has paid for a cable will receive what they paid for. If you cannot wait then please ask for a refund and i would refund you as soon as i see the request, i am not holding anyone's money to ransom and neither do you need to worry if you will ever get what you paid for, as you will.....................finally :frowning2:

From now on, i will do my best to message every person when you order ships, so that you are not wondering if your order has shipped yet or maybe even got lost (only ever happened 3 times). This will also hopefully give me more time to work on cables, as i will have less emails to deal with, with customers wondering if order has shipped.

Sorry for the long post, i am trying my best.

Back to work 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back