Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #3,286 of 10,312
Frank,

Would you by any chance be the soon to be announced UK dealer for Bakoon Products? 

Cheers,
Andy. 

P.S. The Klutz headphone stands are expensive but utterly gorgeous. I had a red one until my partner "borrowed" it for her necklaces!

Just checked the bakoon site..i saw toxic cables as one of the two dealers of their products :wink:

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #3,287 of 10,312
Quote:
They are for use with any headphone :)

Price has come in at £499 each. Little on the pricey side, but they are really nice. I do have the non leather version in stock now also.

They are a bit too "Artsy" for me.....neat idea for the cable management.

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #3,288 of 10,312
Great sleuthing hifimanrookie. 
L3000.gif

Cheers,
Andy.

Quote:
Just checked the bakoon site..i saw toxic cables as one of the two dealers of their products
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #3,290 of 10,312
Quote:
Quote:
Is this the cable that I am getting? I don't even know

This cable is not for sale yet, that was also just a prototype, the final wire will be here very soon, i will then offer it for sale.

Don't you have a prototype tested that can be auditioned for sound impressions?  It would be interesting if you post how this wire sounds!  Thanks in advance!

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #3,291 of 10,312
Great sleuthing hifimanrookie. 
L3000.gif

Cheers,
Andy.

Google is ur best friend...but my god..their prices!! 3120 euro for a headphone amp..!!! Omg :xf_eek:

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #3,292 of 10,312
Would u please
This cable is not for sale yet, that was also just a prototype, the final wire will be here very soon, i will then offer it for sale.
send me a picture of the cable that I am getting, all I know it is the heavier gauge one and that it is hybrid , u mentioned that I would be the first one to get this new cable , I just want to know what I will be getting in 2 weeks

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #3,293 of 10,312
Quote:
Would u please
send me a picture of the cable that I am getting, all I know it is the heavier gauge one and that it is hybrid , u mentioned that I would be the first one to get this new cable , I just want to know what I will be getting in 2 weeks

Your order is for the mix of Black/White Widow, as was stated to you. I don't have a picture of this cable, as you will be the first to get one of this mix.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #3,294 of 10,312
Quote:

Don't you have a prototype tested that can be auditioned for sound impressions?  It would be interesting if you post how this wire sounds!  Thanks in advance!

It's been made very clear on this thread and to anyone who has ever asked me for impressions, that i do not get in to the specifics of what changes one can expect from my cables, i refer them to reviews.

Whole point of me giving away new cables, is so that those people can post impressions of that cable.

You would not expect a manufacturer to say their cable sounds rubbish if it did, would you, especially after they have just spent thousands to get that wire (i test every wire i sell, before making a large order, it's costly to get samples made, but saves me wasting thousands). In my opinion, it's best to get impressions from a third party.

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #3,295 of 10,312
Quote:
It's been made very clear on this thread and to anyone who has ever asked me for impressions, that i do not get in to the specifics of what changes one can expect from my cables, i refer them to reviews.

Whole point of me giving away new cables, is so that those people can post impressions of that cable.

You would not expect a manufacturer to say their cable sounds rubbish if it did, would you, especially after they have just spent thousands to get that wire (i test every wire i sell, before making a large order, it's costly to get samples made, but saves me wasting thousands). In my opinion, it's best to get impressions from a third party.

Absolutely! One of the worst things in the Hi-Fi world are manufacturers claiming how awesome their own stuff is. Positive impressions/reviews should come from customers (and hopefully independent reviewers), and if you don't have any third party that raves about your stuff, then it probably isn't so great.

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #3,296 of 10,312
Absolutely! One of the worst things in the Hi-Fi world are manufacturers claiming how awesome their own stuff is. Positive impressions/reviews should come from customers (and hopefully independent reviewers), and if you don't have any third party that raves about your stuff, then it probably isn't so great.

And u know whats worse/or the funniest thing (choose whats true in ur case :D ) a certain company that copied franks new wonder cables is already saying that their new cable WILL sound awesome and how much better it WILL be then the rest of the cables..thats strange in my simple book of understanding...as that means they didnt even heard the cable themselves already..or am i missing something? :p

Oh well amanand88keys, ur right with ur post..the customers/independent reviewers (do the latter exist?) are the only ones allowed to state how a cable sounds...but at least one company actually listens to their cables before letting them loose into the public..:D but damn..it sometimes takes eons to get them..:D

But hey..u know me..i am like a pitbull with a toxic collar...i turned into one at the moment i put my first toxic cable into my system...i was lost..lost into music..and i love it sooo much..growl :p

When frank is ok with that i will do a little review bout my dhc cable, my standard hifiman cable, the toxic black widow 22 awg i have now..and my super special to be awaited new cable..the wait is killing me!!!! :D

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #3,297 of 10,312
Some toxic p0rn.

The Toxic SP cables sound amazing. Switched a few times between other cables and I keep coming back to the SP. Craftsmanship is great and would buy these cables for the feel and quality alone. :)

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #3,298 of 10,312

Woke up to a pleasant suprise today. The long wait was certainly worth it. Overall the build quality is very good, doesn't feel flimsy like the stock silvers and yet still light except for the neutrik plugs and 1/4 inch termination(they feel so solid). For now I am just going to enjoy them. Might post impressions later, when I stop getting intoxicated.

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #3,299 of 10,312
Quote:

Woke up to a pleasant suprise today. The long wait was certainly worth it. Overall the build quality is very good, doesn't feel flimsy like the stock silvers and yet still light except for the neutrik plugs and 1/4 inch termination(they feel so solid). For now I am just going to enjoy them. Might post impressions later, when I stop getting intoxicated.

Looks great.

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #3,300 of 10,312
Quote:
Some toxic p0rn.

The Toxic SP cables sound amazing. Switched a few times between other cables and I keep coming back to the SP. Craftsmanship is great and would buy these cables for the feel and quality alone. :)

I love this....Old and New school working together! Nice Minidisc player! Your Heir's are gorgeous and the Toxic's are the best....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back