Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #3,091 of 10,312
Quote:
Congrats man, i will send you a review to post along with the cable. 
biggrin.gif

Any pricing on the white black widow hybrid cable?

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #3,092 of 10,312
I've read about the last 15 pages of this thread, but going to the Toxic Cables website, I don't see some of the cables being discussed here: Scorpion, Arsenic, French Silk, the hybrid cables, gauge sizes, etc... Will the site be updated with pics and pricing? I'm definitely interested in getting some cables for the HD650, without having to discover all 200+ pages in this thread.

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #3,093 of 10,312
Quote:
I've read about the last 15 pages of this thread, but going to the Toxic Cables website, I don't see some of the cables being discussed here: Scorpion, Arsenic, French Silk, the hybrid cables, gauge sizes, etc... Will the site be updated with pics and pricing? I'm definitely interested in getting some cables for the HD650, without having to discover all 200+ pages in this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/641166/toxic-cables-silver-widow-headphone-cable-review#post_8958726

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #3,096 of 10,312
What is the waiting time for a couple of Silver Poisons now?

I think best way is to contact frank directly by pm... :wink:

Apr 12, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #3,097 of 10,312
Apr 12, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #3,100 of 10,312
he's rather slow to respond :frowning2:

I know...just forward him the same pm/mail with extra text 'reminder' or something in the subject..:wink:

Oh yeah..another thing..i wonder why its always me who finds these kind of things weird..as no one else mentioned this.so in advance...my apologies if i again will sound like a fanboy..which i am not.. :D ....because Frank ..iam sorry to say this..but It looks like another company is copying your Silver Widow and new Hybrid cables. They are saying they were the first to think of the hybrid cable 6 months ago, even that i never found anything about it. They are also now selling silver litz cables for $1,200 like your Silver Widow if i am not mistaken.
I found it funny how a few days after you talk bout ur new hybrid cable with pictures of a prototype, they post to say they will be selling same cable and that they thought of the idea first (really?). If they thought of the idea 6 months ago (as they say) why didnt they post pictures of any prototypes/test models and only talk bout it after you did? so weird..

Oh and read these comments also: 'I've been wanting this wire for 6 months or so, finally going to order some' AND 'we EXPECT that the xxxxx (sorry, cant use names here) will perform at or above the level of our flagship'. These two comments tell me that this company didnt test this wire and have never heard it themselves and are already taking pre orders for it.poor customers..:D Imho ofcourse!!! :wink:..we all know frank who does test them out..i even feel sorry for the tested cables..the horror they have to endure on franks test bench.. :D

I prefer Franks cables (babies? :D) because i know he loves what he does, and he does it very well according to my ears...he even posts pictures of his prototypes (thats a new thing for me..as in the past cablemakers were very secretive about their cables) so we know he is doing his R&D (research and development) and its generally wellknown by now he only sells his cables that sound good enough to his very high standards (and our ears as well as his satisfied customers :D:),and not from a company who wants to sell me a cable, before they have even heard it themselves. :mad:

Sorry that i once again sound like a pitbull..but u know me guys..i hate injustice...and i cant keep my mouth shut..oops :D
Am going to crash down on my bed..am deadtired..this week was hell..have been listening to my he500 for 3hoursnow...so am all relaxed and readdy for my beauty sleep :D

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #3,101 of 10,312

It was expected, just like my Silver Poison, people saw how good an popular it was and started to offer similar wire, so it was only a matter of time that it happens with the Widow and my new Hybrid. 

It was expected, just like my Silver Poison, people saw how good an popular it was and started to offer similar wire, so it was only a matter of time that it happens with the Widow and my new Hybrid. This is business and things like this are expected.

I had a prototype Hybrid cable made over a year ago, before i even released Toxic Cables, i scrapped the idea as the copper strands started going green after 6 months, and i did not want to offer such an expensive cable, if this would be happening. I have just had a picture of it sent to me, from the person i gave the remaining wire to. If you look closely, you can see the copper and silver strands, you can also see where the wire has gone green. So that's my proof, that i thought of the idea over a year ago. This is very much like me now saying i was the first to think of the flying car, but only saying it after someone else has already made one. I am sure others/DIY'rs have thought of this years ago, long before i did, but i act on my idea's. 
This wire was also made by an inexperienced wire manufacturer and i was not happy with the end result, which is also why the idea got scrapped back then and i went with the Poison instead.

Now with the Litz wire, we can avoid the downfalls of the previous prototype, with each strand being individually insulated, the wire will never oxidize, so no turning green.

I get prototypes in several designs made of every cable before i release anything, this way i am able to listen to every cable myself and make changes until i find a cable that i like the sound of, only then do i announce the cable. 

I do not have a random cable made and wish for the best, even if that cable sounds awful, you would still need to sell it to get back the thousands of dollars you spent on it. So for me, spending a little extra in having prototypes made is worthwhile and my suppliers have come to know that i am serious about my wire, so they are willing to make me small amounts of samples, till i find the one i want.

I will start taking some orders for the new Hybrid soon, there will be an initial discounted pricing. 

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #3,103 of 10,312
Quote:

It was expected, just like my Silver Poison, people saw how good an popular it was and started to offer similar wire, so it was only a matter of time that it happens with the Widow and my new Hybrid.

I had a prototype Hybrid cable made over a year ago, before i even released Toxic Cables, i scrapped the idea as the copper strands started going green after 6 months, and i did not want to offer such an expensive cable, if this would be happening. I have just had a picture of it sent to me, from the person i gave the remaining wire to. If you look closely, you can see the copper and silver strands, you can also see where the wire has gone green. So that's my proof, that i thought of the idea over a year ago, not claiming it after someone else has released it. This wire was also made by an inexperienced wire manufacturer and i was not happy with the end result, which is also why the idea got scrapped back then and i went with the Poison instead.

Now with the Litz wire, we can avoid the downfalls of the previous prototype, with each strand being individually insulated, the wire will never oxidize, so no turning green.

I get prototypes in several designs made of every cable before i release anything, this way i am able to listen to every cable myself and make changes until i find a cable that i like the sound of, only then do i announce the cable. 

I do not have a random cable made and wish for the best, even if that cable sounds awful, you would still need to sell it to get back the thousands of dollars you spent on it. So for me, spending a little extra in having prototypes made is worthwhile and my suppliers have come to know that i am serious about my wire, so they are willing to make me small amounts of samples, till i find the one i want.

I will start taking some orders for the new Hybrid soon, there will be an initial discounted pricing. 

Frank, I think I asked you if you offered SPC litz type 2 wire.....do you now offer this either as DIY or in one of your cables?

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #3,105 of 10,312
Quote:
Quote:

Frank, I think I asked you if you offered SPC litz type 2 wire.....do you now offer this either as DIY or in one of your cables?

I do have it in both 26 and 22AWG. They are only available in my cables for now, not DIY.

I also have standard SPC in 18AWG, also copper.

I must have missed that.....I don't see it on ebay or on your web page.  When did you start offering the SPC/silver plated copper type 2 litz in your cables,  Which cables, I guess I'm confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Back