Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #3,031 of 10,312
envy you, my luck is not great as yours.  :confused_face_2:

I am also waiting for my cable my friend..its my second toxic cable..only thing I can say..be a little bit more patient as I am..its worth the wait..
I am killing myself also with waiting:D

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3,032 of 10,312
Quote:
envy you, my luck is not great as yours. 
confused_face_2.gif

just wait for your order! trust me its worth it!!

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #3,034 of 10,312
Quote:
Am I the only one who noticed that we already went beyond 3000 posts? Yes Frank, I am looking at you (in my mind of course, I am NOT sitting on a tree outside your window and secretly watching you right now).
biggrin.gif

Sorry, have been extremely busy, i will do it in the next couple of days.

Quote:
thanks alot Frank. something toxic just arrived at my house today!! cant wait for my 8.As to come back from Heir Audio so i can get intoxicated!!!
biggrin.gif

will give my impressions once i get the 8.A back, absolutely stoked about these!! hahaha

Now, that was quick. Glad you like it and thanks for the pictures, they look really nice.

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #3,035 of 10,312
My 8-wire hybrid came today!!I haven't got my miracles yet, so the only IEM that I could try it on was the crappy Aurisonics ASG-1. I immediately detected more detail. I will post pictures later when my computer doesn't refuse to let me copy and paste. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #3,036 of 10,312
Thanks so much Frank for building me such an awesome cable. I will definitely purchase my next cable from Toxic Cables.

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #3,040 of 10,312
I like the pics frank puts out of his mountains of cables, I think it settles people down a bit lpl

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #3,041 of 10,312
Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting my Denon AH-D5000 headphones recabled by Frank, however, i can't find anywhere, the acoustic differences between the cables themselves. Can anyone shed some light on these differences? I asked Frank but he won't comment on them himself :frowning2:

Cheers

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #3,042 of 10,312
Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting my Denon AH-D5000 headphones recabled by Frank, however, i can't find anywhere, the acoustic differences between the cables themselves. Can anyone shed some light on these differences? I asked Frank but he won't comment on them himself :frowning2:

Cheers

I dont know what headphone u have or what ur budget is..

But in general silver cables always sound brighter then a copper cable who sounds more warm and full.
While silver cables are more expensive then copper cables in general that doesnt mean they are more preferable for ur headphone..its a matter of taste also.

For instance hd800 and hd650 and lcd's sound very well paired with silver cables like the silver widows...
A he500,he400, a k702 for instance sound good with a good copper cable like black widows 22awg.

In general..and this is ofcourse personal taste also..for a brighter phone use a copper cable, for a darker phone..a silver cable

But..as always its never black or white..and in this case black or silver..frank now has different kind of hybrids..who mixes the sound signatures of the silver and copper (and a bit of gold)...

But as i said..we can say what we believe in..its u who has to buy one...i found out by trial and error that on he400 and now my he500 copper sounds best to my ears... But am sure some of us enjoys a silver cable with the he500 as well...

Hope this is what u wanted as an answer.
Good luck

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #3,043 of 10,312
It's like a crap shoot, somtimes you get lucky!

Most people upgrade their cables mainly for the looks!  They may or may no be able to hears differences.  If you buy only one cable how can you compare, or know how the sound is different from the next cable!

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #3,044 of 10,312
Quote:
It's like a crap shoot, somtimes you get lucky!

Most people upgrade their cables mainly for the looks!  They may or may no be able to hears differences.  If you buy only one cable how can you compare, or know how the sound is different from the next cable!

Not only for the looks but more importantly for their durability.
For example, my stock HD 800 cable broke from normal use. (The plastic isolation at the end of the shaft of the pin connectors)
The main reason why I would buy aftermarket cables is because I want them to last longer than the stock one my headhpones came with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back