Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #2,958 of 10,312
Quote:
Here you go Kenion, these are from my review a while back. It's a stunning cable

Thanks mate!
That sleeving looks gorgeous!

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #2,961 of 10,312
Quote:
Very nice indeed!

Yep, thats what I expected french-silk to look like!
Good job! =)

Please let us know, when we can expect a price drop on these cables
redface.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #2,963 of 10,312
Any chance of silk sleeves for IEM cables?

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #2,965 of 10,312
I'd still like to see the venom cables for iems..

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #2,968 of 10,312
 I just ordered a scorpion 8ft cable for my audeze lcd 2 v2s from toxic cable in England.I compared the price of the cryo treated 8ft copper leash to the alo offering.The alo cable costs 749 usd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I priced the toxic scorpion and it cost me 161.59 and that was with shipping. Now is that a rip off by alo or what? Come on 749 usd for their cable the alo people ought to be arrested for grand larceny. Alo buyers beware before you buy one of their cables check toxic cables website first.If my arithmetic is correct I just saved myself 636.41 usd for what is basically the same cable.I am looking forward to the cable upgrade based on what the opinions of the alo cable are cable weight excepted which seemed to some better than the silver based cable offerings.
  I have until now held off on upgrading my cable due to the exorbitant pricing the cable companies practice for headphone cable upgrades.This is one of the first cable upgrades that are offered at a real world price so the average person could afford and justify the expense.When a cable costs over three quarters of the cost of the headphone that is just ridiculous gouging of the consumer.My hats off to the toxic cable people of England for offering real world performance at realistic prices.Three cheers for toxic cable.Hurrah,hurrah hurrah.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #2,969 of 10,312
Quote:
 I just ordered a scorpion 8ft cable for my audeze lcd 2 v2s from toxic cable in England.I compared the price of the cryo treated 8ft copper leash to the alo offering.The alo cable costs 749 usd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I priced the toxic scorpion and it cost me 161.59 and that was with shipping. Now is that a rip off by alo or what? Come on 749 usd for their cable the alo people ought to be arrested for grand larceny. Alo buyers beware before you buy one of their cables check toxic cables website first.If my arithmetic is correct I just saved myself 636.41 usd for what is basically the same cable.I am looking forward to the cable upgrade based on what the opinions of the alo cable are cable weight excepted which seemed to some better than the silver based cable offerings.
  I have until now held off on upgrading my cable due to the exorbitant pricing the cable companies practice for headphone cable upgrades.This is one of the first cable upgrades that are offered at a real world price so the average person could afford and justify the expense.When a cable costs over three quarters of the cost of the headphone that is just ridiculous gouging of the consumer.My hats off to the toxic cable people of England for offering real world performance at realistic prices.Three cheers for toxic cable.Hurrah,hurrah hurrah.

It's well known that ALO cables are overpriced. That's why they are so rarely used nowadays.

TOXIC FTW :D

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #2,970 of 10,312
Quote:
The new Hybrid cable is SW & BW ? Or am I wrong? With all this cable Goodness, I just can't keep up???????

The new hybrid is not a mix of two separate wires as you have seen before. It's a mix of two different materials, copper and silver, inside of the same wire. Here's a picture Frank posted some time ago:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back