Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #2,521 of 10,312
Quote:
You most certainly was.

Damn i would certainly keep the by accident received copper venom cable instead of the ordered poison version..
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Oops..am just kidding ofcourse!!!!! Am also honest to the bone..and ofcourse i would tell frank honestly i got the venom by accident for my he500..well.. i would at least try the cable for a week or so..and then contact frank saying i JUST found out i had the wrong cable..ofcourse not saying my head was in the clouds of how good that cable sounded on my he500...
biggrin.gif
 Yep yep..all honest here..
cool.gif
 And i helped him also..as now he didnt need to burn the cable in..u see..am good for frank..yeah i know..i dream a lot..
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #2,522 of 10,312
wow thats a lot of messages, just chiming in again, saying how amazing frank is, he got my order mixed up, so i sent it back, he even offered to refund my shipping cost back to him, but i dont want that, he is a great seller, he will now be sending me the right bits i need :)

I keep going back to Frank, the quality of the cable is superb, i dont even mind paying the little extra (still great price vs some other companies) as i know that the quality is great, and the customer support is also top notch.

Thanks again Frank! keep up the good work

Justin (and anyone else for that matter), did you have any of Frank's pure silver or silver/gold (Silver Poison/Silver Widow) cables and which of the competitors cables did you compare to? What specific improvements did you find? 

I've been looking around for a while and doing heaps of reading in the hope of making an informed and objective opinion. Having said that, the Silver Widow seems quite promising but of course, information is limited on it and comprehensive reviews across multiple higher end cables seems harder to find out about than say headphones themselves or amps.

Also, does anyone ever frequency response graph the impact of these different cables or is it more of a subjective sharing of opinions/impressions?

Quote:
The new Bakoon amp, displayed with that they felt was the best headphone and cable available, LCD-3 and Silver Widow.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649056/two-high-end-bakoon-headphone-amp-japan-version-not-international-version/30

Was actually reading that thread as I was looking around for a great amp and cables for my LCD3. Seems quite promising. Again for the sake of my curiosity and objective fact-finding,  I realise CanDude did mention that "HPA-21 (using the current socket) + Toxic cable + LCD-3 produce the best headphone sound I have ever heard!" however I'm really curious as to if/which/how he compared the Silver Widow, specifically to other non-stock cables, in order to strictly isolate and ascertain the influence that the Silver Widow had in producing the final perceived sound.

Finally, thanks Frank for acknowledging the delay. Looking forward to your response to my email from a few days back. On a side note, I'm sure you've probably heard it and/or considered it before but from a prospective customer's perspective, it would be awesome if you could find some time after all of this to touch up the webpage a little to reduce the traffic of frequently asked questions I can imagine you'd be getting via email/pm. Would help you concentrate on better producing the cables and/or responding to more subjective/consultative customer enquiries :wink:

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #2,524 of 10,312
Quote:
Dear Frank, I understand you are doing nice cables =) but I am bit confused with respect to names and contents.

Widow = ?
Venom = ?
Poison = ?

Is there a name for a cryo-treated copper cable or are all copper cables cryo-treated? What about 4-wire and 8-wire?

Cheers

Please check page 85, this gives you an idea of what each cable is made of. The copper cables i have are the Scorpion and Black Widow.

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #2,525 of 10,312
Quote:
Please check page 85, this gives you an idea of what each cable is made of. The copper cables i have are the Scorpion and Black Widow.

Hey u..u forgot one copper cable...bad boy....the capo di papi of the copper cables...the numero uno..the perfection in the form of a cable, the wellknown angel in discuise..the ultimate copper cable..the deadrow for ur wallet, the worst nightmare for frank to make it( i heard rumors his nightmares are about venom cables attacking him..lolz),the cable which makes even the most severe cable hater a believer and completely intoxicated..yes u got it.....the one and only...(drums!!!!) the copper venom!!! oops..a bit to much maybe?nah!
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #2,526 of 10,312
Quote:
Hey u..u forgot one copper cable...bad boy....the capo di papi of the copper cables...the numero uno..the perfection in the form of a cable, the wellknown angel in discuise..the ultimate copper cable..the deadrow for ur wallet, the worst nightmare for frank to make it( i heard rumors his nightmares are about venom cables attacking him..lolz),the cable which makes even the most severe cable hater a believer and completely intoxicated..yes u got it.....the one and only...(drums!!!!) the copper venom!!! oops..a bit to much maybe?nah!
biggrin.gif

I only try to sell those that are easier to make. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #2,527 of 10,312
Can anyone do a comparison between the crystal cables and the silver poison or silver widow cables?

A few years back, the piccolinos had unobtanium status and reviews were rare (ranging from some declaring them to be pure snake oil to others claiming that they improved their phones as much as an amp), but now that a reputable dealer has them in stock, it seems that more people should have them..
..Very curious to hear how these cables compare to the other cables that Frank sells 
popcorn.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2,528 of 10,312
Quote:
Can anyone do a comparison between the crystal cables and the silver poison or silver widow cables?

A few years back, the piccolinos had unobtanium status and reviews were rare (ranging from some declaring them to be pure snake oil to others claiming that they improved their phones as much as an amp), but now that a reputable dealer has them in stock, it seems that more people should have them..
..Very curious to hear how these cables compare to the other cables that Frank sells 
popcorn.gif

+1

Any/all comparisons between various aftermarket cables, intra or inter manufacturer would be invaluable as it seems as though the majority of reviews are purely subjective and isolated with superlatives thrown everywhere/where the comparisons are made against stock cables.

Frank - thanks for your reply to my email earlier. Btw, still keenly awaiting your response to my post up there re the Bakoon amp guys recommendation of your Silver Widow as the best cable available for the LCD3. It certainly is high praise which could prove decisive in the decision making process of which aftermarket cables are ideal for myself and I suspect, many others.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #2,529 of 10,312
Quote:

Frank - thanks for your reply to my email earlier. Btw, still keenly awaiting your response to my post up there re the Bakoon amp guys recommendation of your Silver Widow as the best cable available for the LCD3. It certainly is high praise which could prove decisive in the decision making process of which aftermarket cables are ideal for myself and I suspect, many others.

I did not see any questions for me in that post. Reading my comment, you will find i never said, anyone had said that the Widow was the best cable for the LCD-3, but the Bakoon, LCD-3 and Widow all go very well together as a setup. The Bakoon from what i have heard from many, is a very serious little amp, this from people i trust the opinions of.  I will be ordering one as soon as they are released.

The Audio GD amps are great also. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #2,530 of 10,312
Quote:
The new Bakoon amp, displayed with that they felt was the best headphone and cable available, LCD-3 and Silver Widow.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649056/two-high-end-bakoon-headphone-amp-japan-version-not-international-version/30

Thanks for that Frank. Apologies for not making out my question to be as clear and directed to yourself as I could have. It is obvious from my date joined and post count that I do far more reading than posting on these forums :)

Perhaps it was just a matter of the language used as it seemed to me that "..with what they felt was the best headphone and cable available..." would imply that you were saying that they had expressed that the best headphone and best cable available was the LCD3 and Silver Widow.

I was simply curious as to whether/if/how they made comparisons to make such a claim, or if i had missed something, or you knew something I didn't. Reading that thread it didn't really seem to me as though any such comments from the manufacturers of the Bakoon amp, or anybody else for that matter, were shared to the effect of how I interpreted your statement above.

Lol nice try with the Audio GD :wink:

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #2,533 of 10,312
Feb 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #2,535 of 10,312
Quote:

Everyone has their own opinion, i will stand here and say that i feel the Silver Widow is the best stranded silver cable i have ever heard, but again this is just my opinion. How would i come to such an opinion, obviously after trying many other cables, including my own, but that does not go to say just because i like it, you will also, it's the same with any product.

I may have worded it wrong, but the rig as a whole that i mention above, i hear makes for amazing listening.  I will be purchasing one, but again i will stress that Audio GD amps are fantastic also. 
biggrin.gif
 So are HifiMAN headphones and iBasso amps, did i mention i stock all of these. 
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, i best get back to work, apologies in advance if i take a day or two to reply to anyone's messages, but i need to get the current batch of cables out this week.

Remember i am also one of two authorised dealers for, Crystal Cables Piccolino, a brilliant sounding cable.

I also have 18AWG Scorpion, Viper and Poison, the Scorpion 18 pairs very well with the HD800, i had some HD800 connectors custom made for this cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back