Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #1,996 of 10,312
Quote:
They arrived today. 
biggrin.gif
 Beautiful.

+1 They do look beautiful and really make Toxic Cables stand out from the other cable companies.
o2smile.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #2,000 of 10,312
Well, i would say the silver poison litz is a step up from the silver poison. Litz technology is very special and IMO worth it!

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #2,002 of 10,312
Quote:
They arrived today. 
biggrin.gif
 Beautiful.

Oh gosh. Can't wait xD

By the way Frank will you be able to mount these on a HD25/Amperior cable? And what happens to the cover that we have to unscrew and all to remove the cable from the headphone cups?

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #2,003 of 10,312
Quote:

Oh gosh. Can't wait xD

By the way Frank will you be able to mount these on a HD25/Amperior cable? And what happens to the cover that we have to unscrew and all to remove the cable from the headphone cups?

Unfortunately not the Y split, as the Amperior only has 1 wire going to the cups, so there is no Y split to put a Y splitter on.

The part that unscrews from the headphone on the Amperior is actually moulded on to the cable, so it can be removed from the headphone but not the cable. When ordering a cable for the Amperior, it should me mentioned to me that you are ordering for these and i will supply the cable with this black box attached to the cable, so you can just screw it on to your headphones.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #2,004 of 10,312
Aye Frank, sent u a PM.. Apologies for the unnecessary trouble I must've caused

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #2,005 of 10,312
Hi everyone,
I just bought a length of 26AWG cryo treated 7N copper wire from Toxic Cables, as part of a project to rebuild my grado sr80s from the ground up (aluminium, leather, mahogany - a very enjoyable project so far).

So I'm looking to braid the cables - 4 cables coming out of the jack, all braided together up to the splitter, whereby two cables go off to the left and two to the right driver. In all the pictures I can find of this arrangement, each pair of cables going up from the splitter to the drivers are just twisted round each other in a double helix fashion (as it takes three or more cables to do a braid). But just twisting cables around each other will unravel in no time. So what am I missing here? Am I being really stupid or is there something else going on to stop the two twisted cables from unravelling? Are they somehow bonded together in that configuration?

Hope someone can help, thanks very much in advance.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #2,006 of 10,312
Quote:
After some surgery on the HD650 connector, i can confirm that it now fits perfectly and HD-25 cables will all not ship with these modified connectors, unless otherwise requested.

Once plugged in, you will not be able to see the part that has been cut off.

Black Widow performs very well with the HE-500, so does the Silver Widow and SP. I would not recommend the Silver plated Copper "Viper" for these headphones, although it's good with HE-300, 400 and 6. That's not to say someone else won't like it.

You could always buy all 3. 
biggrin.gif

Hi.  can you say more about why you would not recommend the silver-plated copper for the HE-500.  I am looking for a cable for them and wondered what the reasoning is?  thanks

gary

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #2,007 of 10,312
Quote:
Well, i would say the silver poison litz is a step up from the silver poison. Litz technology is very special and IMO worth it!

I can confirm the Widows are a step up from the Poison's but the Poison's are still a great cable.

Course....They are sitting on the shelf for now...
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #2,009 of 10,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back