Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 4, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #9,916 of 10,312
Apr 4, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #9,918 of 10,312
Totally understand that he must be very busy and hes in high demand but he should close his website for orders and emails if he cannot reply. Been busy and not replying to emails doesn't make him look good at all. And that's proberly not the case

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #9,919 of 10,312
14 Weeks to wait for a cable. Not for me. And respect his work by looking at reviews and pics of his cables he takes alot of pride in his work. And all hand made so it will take a while especially when hes very busy to reach demands. No fault of his but i couldn't wait that long if im spending £250 plus

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #9,920 of 10,312
Hi NickNack

Just a thought but have you considered making them yourself ? It is only really putting two components together (Wire and connector) and it can be really rewarding. I looked at the time to deliver and the price and was a bit shocked too. So I went to Franks DIY section and ordered 18Ft of Wire and some connectors. Frank threw in the solder for free. He delivered the parts in days.

My first cable (Practice) used his cheapest copper wire balanced for the Oppo PM3's to my AK70MkII, cost around £35. Took me 3 hours to make. My second for Shure SE535's to my AK70MkII balanced took 4 hours to make With Silver wire and cost around £125. Its fun and quick and saves you a load of money.

I used Silver Poison 26AWG for the IEM cable (Really flexible) 18 feet of cable gets you about 3ft 6 inches of finished cable.

I used the Scorpion cable for the Oppo's.

I am happy to give you pointers if you think it worth a go but it dident take much reserch to find out how. If you have never solderd that is easy too an hous practice on some junk wire and you will have it down.

Here is a picture of the finished cable:

Hope this is usful.

Max
Looks like a good option to do. May think about this and the finished product looks really well done Max. Maybe you should start doing them ill be first to put a order in LOL. If cannot do this may have to go to Atlas and put order in with them they seem to get great reviews. Expensive i know but no long waiting times. The money side of things isn't the problem its the wait times just cannot justify spending and having to wait 1/4 of a year waiting for it to arrive LOL. INPATIENT i know but don't fancy getting earache off the Mrs LOLOL

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #9,921 of 10,312
I notice that DIY cable 'Silver Poison V2' already out of stock. Hope it will re-stock soon.

Apr 5, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #9,922 of 10,312
No fear of me setting up in business :). It is quite supprising how much effert goes into making a cable. Having made a few myself I have total respect for Frank and his work. Keeping the quality for yourself is easy. Doing it over and over and keeping the workmanship top must be hard.

It is defently fun to make a few yourself but that is where I draw the line. :)

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #9,923 of 10,312
I don't see an option to select 4-pin JH Audio IEM's on toxic cables website. Does toxic cables not make cables for 4-pin JH Audio iem's like JH 13v2 pro etc.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #9,925 of 10,312
I have a plussound 26g silver/gold cable which has great detail and a beautiful sound. I definitely like the clarity of silver, and feel the gold adds a dimension of beauty to the sound I like. However, I need more body and low end in the sound.

After reading through much of this thread I am considering the Silver Widow 22 V2 , Silver Widow 24 V2 or the Medusa 17g. Which do you think would have the best detail and 3D soundstage and yet also the most solid bass?

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #9,926 of 10,312
Extremely nice, how do they pair with the 800? I need an upgrade cable for mine but was thinking copper unless I can find silver with a nice full body to it. What does this cable run? Do they have an 8 core version?

Really sorry for the late reply, I would say the new BW22 v2 is a extremely good copper cable I heard so far, it has a very good resolution detail, with slightly warm sound signature.
I never heard the copper cable with this clean sound.

I think if you want to have a neutral sound based, improve the resolution and detail, and not change to much of earphone itself, BW 22 V2 definitely did a good job.
The same pair with my HD800s, also the price is reasonable.

Thanks

Eddie

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #9,928 of 10,312
Really sorry for the lack of replies to emails and PM's recently, i have been unwell for awhile and just got back to work.

The guys have been working hard on the current batch while i have been away and we are now finishing it off and will be shipping a huge batch of cables this weeks, once this is done, i will go through all emails.

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #9,929 of 10,312
EWcqKXT.jpg

just received my SW22 after a long 4 months wait
the cable is so flexible that I'm afraid it will snap when I remove my custom from my ears lol...
Can't describe the sound, its just that good...

and damn...frank doesn't give the box anymore? xD
IMG_2876.jpg

I do have some available, if you would like one, please PM me and i will get one in the post to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back