Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #9,931 of 10,312
Anyone with a recommendation of a cable for the Zeus XRA pairing with a DX200 + amp4s? :D

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #9,932 of 10,312
I ordered a Medusa17 for my XRA with my w1ma. If you listen to vocal more, get a GW24

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #9,933 of 10,312
I ordered a Medusa17 for my XRA with my w1ma. If you listen to vocal more, get a GW24

I do listen to vocals more. Will take a look at the GW24. Any idea if the Medusa is thicker then the SW22? I had that previously.

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #9,934 of 10,312
I've come to realize that searching Head-Fi for specific content is fruitless. The amount of information being shared by everyone is way too voluminous. That's not a bad thing - it's AWESOME!! Free exchange of information is what this and other communities are all about. It's just that search on the forum often can't find the result I'm looking for or provides too many related results, but not the info I'm after.

So, simple question: back on Dec. 16, 2013, Toxic offered some replacement HD800 connectors to Head-Fi members. I had only recently bought my HD800 so I was just planning ahead for future repairs and/or custom cable builds. Now that my original HD800 cable died, and I'm cash poor, I need to repair it with what I have on hand.

Does anyone know the pinout on these connectors? The insert has a white mark around one of the pins on the solder side. Is that GND or signal? I've emailed Toxic as well but thought I'd ask here. Help!?

EDIT: Nevermind... although search on the forum is hard to use, Google found the answer sooner!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hd800-connectors-pin-out.575344/

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #9,935 of 10,312
I do listen to vocals more. Will take a look at the GW24. Any idea if the Medusa is thicker then the SW22? I had that previously.
I only tried M17 and GW24 demo cables, not tried SW22. Some said SW22 is the econ version of GW24.

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #9,936 of 10,312
Removed Frank Helped with problem right away.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #9,937 of 10,312
I posted something similar the other day. The thing is, after the long over one month wait he responded and was so kind and keen to communicate and offer me help that the wait was not much of a problem anymore. I think if you see the last page you will see he said he was off a bit and once he finished this batch he would go through mails and stuff. Your order might be in this one. My advice is to not spam and be a little more patient.

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #9,938 of 10,312
Hi,

I have started going through email why i noticed this notification, but will take me couple days to get through all of it, maybe little longer as i'm doing emails in between making cables.

If your order has been longer then the estimated 14 weeks wait time, i can pretty much guarantee it's done completely or just having the heat shrink put on the connectors now. If you can PM me your order details, i can email you a picture of your cable. I can also refund if that's what your prefer.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #9,939 of 10,312
Hi,

I have started going through email why i noticed this notification, but will take me couple days to get through all of it, maybe little longer as i'm doing emails in between making cables.

If your order has been longer then the estimated 14 weeks wait time, i can pretty much guarantee it's done completely or just having the heat shrink put on the connectors now. If you can PM me your order details, i can email you a picture of your cable. I can also refund if that's what your prefer.

I sent you a PM with the order #. If you cant get through your emails you should make a way someone can keep track of progress and pay them an hour a day to go through your emails. Bad customer service with a great product is worse than a terrible product with great customer service.

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #9,940 of 10,312
I sent you a PM with the order #. If you cant get through your emails you should make a way someone can keep track of progress and pay them an hour a day to go through your emails. Bad customer service with a great product is worse than a terrible product with great customer service.

Having someone else go through emails is pretty pointless as most of my emails are for custom orders that customers can't place on the website, this requires me to price up the cables. Having someone else do it, only results in them contacting me for every other email that then requires me to go through it anyway. Tried it before.

It's the Need to quote part they used to stick all the emails in to.
a>

346kzv4.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #9,941 of 10,312
So do it the other way round. You read the emails and do quality check, and let someone else do the cables. This was the way to do things all the way back to medieval times - master had an apprentice.

/edit or is your sweat the secret ingredience to the sound of Toxic cables?
You can contact me, if you think, that this advice is worth a free cable. :L3000:

/edit2 I am also forwarding to you an educational clip that should help you enhance complaints handling - link here

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #9,943 of 10,312
it is about 13-14 weeks lead time for finished cable

May 2, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #9,945 of 10,312
Hello all,

Would appreciate opinions on an upgrade cable for my Shure SE846's. Prefer a relaxed sound signature so assuming an all cu cable would fit the bill - any SE846 users out there willing to share their views?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back