hd800 connectors pin out
Oct 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bik2101

1000+ Head-Fier
can someone tell me which is ground and which is signal on the hd800 connectors?

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 5
It's not critical, since "signal" goes both positive and negative. If you want to make sure they are both in phase you could probably assume symmetry between the sides, (i.e., both of the "bottom" contacts are "signal.")

If you have to be absolutely sure, why not just use a multimeter between the 1/4" plug and the contacts at the headphone?

Oct 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 5
the negative pole has a slightly raised bar on the outside of the barrel, which is also mirrored on the inside, the assembly inside the barrel has a 2 part metal sleeve that surrounds the solder terminals that has a slot cut in it and this will only slide into the outside barrel when it is aligned to the side with the slightly raised bar on the outside. so the negative side has 2 visual indicators that look like a negative symbol. sorry i don't have any pics handy to illustrate, hopefully thats clear.

May 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
the negative pole has a slightly raised bar on the outside of the barrel, which is also mirrored on the inside, the assembly inside the barrel has a 2 part metal sleeve that surrounds the solder terminals that has a slot cut in it and this will only slide into the outside barrel when it is aligned to the side with the slightly raised bar on the outside. so the negative side has 2 visual indicators that look like a negative symbol. sorry i don't have any pics handy to illustrate, hopefully thats clear.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, i believe the info given above is incorrect (or i just read it wrong).

As indicated in the picture below, #1 with the raised bar should be + signal while #2 should  be - return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back