Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #9,196 of 10,312
I would agree with the SW22 being preferable as Ultrasone headphones tend to be on the brighter side and the SW will flesh out the bass and smooth the treble a tad which is a good thing IMO. Regarding price, the headphone cables come standard at 6ft and the earphone cables are standard at 4ft. Also, I think you are confusing the different Hydra 18 versions; there is an 18awg IEM version which is 2 18awg cables which are split internally (overall 21awg per conductor) then there is an 18awg headphone version which is 4 separate 18awg cables. This is double the amount of material for the headphone version verses the earphone version so explains the rather sizable price difference. Hope that helps. 

Thanks that helps a lot. Fairly new to cables so all advice welcome :xf_eek:

I was considering the hydra because I actually found the tribute 7's a touch bass biased and also has quite a wide soundstage which I didn't want to change to much. Then again, I'm basing that on moon audio cables which have probably changed the sound anyway and content wise has gold in the cables too. Sounds like I'm having an argument with myself!!! Right, will go for sw as originally recommended

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #9,197 of 10,312
Thanks that helps a lot. Fairly new to cables so all advice welcome :xf_eek:

I was considering the hydra because I actually found the tribute 7's a touch bass biased and also has quite a wide soundstage which I didn't want to change to much. Then again, I'm basing that on moon audio cables which have probably changed the sound anyway and content wise has gold in the cables too. Sounds like I'm having an argument with myself!!! Right, will go for sw as originally recommended

Glad to help. To be honest you can't go wrong as long as it is a Toxic cable, best build quality you can get! Just don't get stressed about the wait time, you will get it eventually and it will be worth the wait!

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #9,198 of 10,312
Guys need some advice...

Need a new cable for my custom 1964 quads but can't decide which one...narrowed to Black widow, viper and silver poison

Love the bassy signature of the quads, just want to bring the vocals out more, extend the treble as it is rolled of slightly and get some more detail. Prefer a warmer signature.

Don't want a bassy cable as it will completely drown out the treble I think.

Can anyone help with guiding me to the ideal cable?

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #9,199 of 10,312
Guys need some advice...

Need a new cable for my custom 1964 quads but can't decide which one...narrowed to Black widow, viper and silver poison

Love the bassy signature of the quads, just want to bring the vocals out more, extend the treble as it is rolled of slightly and get some more detail. Prefer a warmer signature.

Don't want a bassy cable as it will completely drown out the treble I think.

Can anyone help with guiding me to the ideal cable?

Sounds like a Hydra 18 IEM would be perfect for you. With my K10s it kept the bass but boosted the treble a tad which sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #9,200 of 10,312

Sounds like a Hydra 18 IEM would be perfect for you. With my K10s it kept the bass but boosted the treble a tad which sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

Will that be the same recommendation for my K10UA? Thanks

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #9,201 of 10,312

Will that be the same recommendation for my K10UA? Thanks

If you want more treble extension then yep 
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #9,203 of 10,312
I have gone through all PM, will start going through emails tonight.

Been really busy trying to get orders made that are running late, we currently have a 10-12 weeks, so i have had to prioritise and that was getting orders i have running late made ASAP over going through emails and taking new orders.

I am very sorry to those waiting for a reply to emails, i do always get to them, sometimes it just takes me awhile as i am the only person that deals with emails, so please try and be patient with me, i will get to them in the end.

As i have said before, it's not in my interest as a business to delay responses to emails, it's what my business relies upon as we still get more then half our orders via customers who email us and we can often lose a lot of these orders with late replies, so i don't delay responses because i cannot be bothered, i just have a lot on my plate now.

I understand it does not take long to reply to each email, but when you consider the sheer volume of emails i receive and then the follow ups, i can spend half my day, every day on emails.

If you don't here from me by end of day tomorrow, please send me a PM, sometimes emails can be missed, it's not intentional, but it happens.

Apologies again and thank you to everyone for being patient. I will try to be quicker with emails/PM.

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #9,204 of 10,312
No worries, Frank! Those who have heard your cables before will be patient. Do take care of your health at the same time. Let's not have another breakdown in your health again, my friend.

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #9,205 of 10,312
No worries, Frank! Those who have heard your cables before will be patient. Do take care of your health at the same time. Let's not have another breakdown in your health again, my friend.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Frank, you are a victim of your own success and I think that screenshot says it all!
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #9,206 of 10,312
Hey Frank, I sent you another email. Take a look when you're free! Thanks!

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #9,207 of 10,312
Rather than adding to Frank's growing Inbox count, I thought I would like to ask my questions over here.

What are your recommendations / impressions / comments when choosing between a Hydra 18 / 22 vs Silver Widow 22 / 24?

Impressed with the Silver Poison but now I needed 2 new cables, but which will be best for each of my TG334 and Noble K10UA? Cheers...

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #9,209 of 10,312
Your efforts are much appreciated, Frank! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back