Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 12, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #9,181 of 10,312
Hey people, why everyone so impatient?
I & many others have waited for cables, no big deal... Honestly the pleasing result is when you see the quality workmanship then how they give your expensive HP not only sexy looks but also how they make them sound.
Good things take time, relax & enjoy your HP's then get prepared to be wowed....You be glad you did.  
wink_face.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #9,182 of 10,312
  PM and email sent about a week ago. Hoping to get a response soon :)

I sent an email and PM  asking about a cable but have received no reply.

I'm assuming that if they are too busy to answer questions then it would be unrealistic to expect timely delivery.

The cables seem to get great reviews but, unfortunately, I'll have to look elsewhere. 

I feel like I'm in the same boat. Already paid and can't get an e-mail or PM reply back. Thinking about contacting paypal for a refund.

Guys, just to put this into perspective, Frank is operating a very small business. I believe it is just him and an assistant Max.

He is completely transparent about the wait times that should be expected and the only reason those wait times are so long is because his cables are so popular that he gets inundated with orders.

I promise you it's worth the wait, but if it's too long for you then Toxic is probably not the way to go.

With the email and PM response time, it's simple. The more time Frank spends answering them, the less time he spends making cables, so he often leaves it for a week or so and then deals with them on mass. Maybe the odd message gets missed every now and again, therefore if you don't hear anything for a couple of weeks, try again.

Put it this way; If his cables weren't so damn nice, no one would buy them and there wouldn't be any wait time. The problem is they're fantastic and everyone wants one...

You just have to be patient 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #9,183 of 10,312
I operates a small business too...an army of one with a couple of part time assistants 3 times a week, so I understand how Frank have to cope with the many emails and orders coming in.

I am sure Frank's business is legit and he stands behind his products & workmanship, which is why many (myself included) comes to him for cables.

But that being said, running an online business involves more than just technical/manufacturing skills. Today's consumers demands good communication from the sellers/vendors and unfortunately "being busy doing work" are not something a seller can hide behind again and again for neglecting communication for a long period of time...and neither should any of his regulars use that as a standard excuse especially when someone is sending over hundreds or thousands of dollars in good faith.

In no way am I saying Frank is not responsible...I understand how it feels during those super busy time. But its not too hard to block out an hour a day to spend it on communicating with customers who have send over a lot of coins in good faith. Its also important for customers to understand the tight schedules Frank is operating under and to be as concise and as short as possible in all these email communication.

Just my 2 cents.

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #9,185 of 10,312
At the end of the day, everyone has a choice. Customers can choose to wait or not. Frank can choose to produce cables or answer emails. Nobody really knows how much work is involved or how many orders he has so really shouldn't criticise based on assumed information. We also don't know how many emails and pm's he gets so can't really say take an hour a day to answer them as it might take longer which obviously eats into work time. Also remember he has to eat and sleep too. He's given a time frame so decide if you want to buy or not but don't criticise a product because you can't get it immediately. Criticise if it's bad :wink:

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #9,186 of 10,312
Personally, I've had loved nothing more than to get a British-made Toxic cable, but I have a £1000+ DAP on the way and want to make sure it's working perfectly, so had no choice, other than to go over the pond, which is a pity for me, as I've heard such good things.

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #9,187 of 10,312
I sent an email and PM  asking about a cable but have received no reply.

I'm assuming that if they are too busy to answer questions then it would be unrealistic to expect timely delivery.

The cables seem to get great reviews but, unfortunately, I'll have to look elsewhere. 

Yup, one way to keep your sanity. Don't order a Toxic Cable... :wink:

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #9,188 of 10,312
  Personally, I've had loved nothing more than to get a British-made Toxic cable, but I have a £1000+ DAP on the way and want to make sure it's working perfectly, so had no choice, other than to go over the pond, which is a pity for me, as I've heard such good things.

So, if I understand your post correctly, with the pound at an all time low, with VAT and import duty, you would sooner buy from abroad than wait for a UK cable? What are you on? That makes no sense whatsoever. Different of course if you buy from Europe but again the Euro exchange is sh1te. Just don't get that logic at all. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #9,189 of 10,312

So, if I understand your post correctly, with the pound at an all time low, with VAT and import duty, you would sooner buy from abroad than wait for a UK cable? What are you on? That makes no sense whatsoever. Different of course if you buy from Europe but again the Euro exchange is sh1te. Just don't get that logic at all. 

I'll try to explain for you.

I have a £1000+ DAP from the Classified's on it's way to me and obviously, I want to make sure that it's working properly, so need a balanced cable to ensure I can use that option with the DAP.

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #9,190 of 10,312
We all have different priorities but one way to go is order the cable that you think is going to be the best you can get(or dap or head/earphones etc)and if it takes time then wait. In the meantime, use what is available that came with whatever you bought, e.g cables that came with your headphones, which , although not the best is not going to destroy your hearing. We're all too used to immediate gratification and find it strange that someone takes time to make a good product.

Personally, I don't mind waiting for something and look forward to seeing how any particular item changes and improves what I already have. The point is that if the product and service from toxic cables is not up to scratch then the company would have folded a long time ago

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #9,191 of 10,312
Be patient, guys.
Frank's cables are worth waiting for.
My Hydra (3rd cables I ordered from Frank) will be on the way to me soon.
It is about 10 weeks waiting time as mentioned in the website.

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #9,192 of 10,312
As my friend craftlyclown also said..see it in perspective..i am also a longtime customer and ALL my cables i bought are one of a kind...i sometimes waited 3 months for my cable..but i always had a huge smile openin my package...and puttin everythin into perspective..i waited more then a year for my custom blue circle audio PaG headphone amp...now..thats long!!! And i will do it again if i wanna upgrade to a better BC amp....

We are all honest here..we..the tocic guys know waitin for ur cable will cost ya lots of grey hairs..but its soooo worth it..we alll know it...frank is a perfectionist..he isnt into massproduction, within a week delivery kind of stuff...am glad he isnt!

Am contemplatin how much better the hydra is then my custom sw22...

kiats..did you already got a hydra 18awg dual mono balanced extreme version?

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #9,194 of 10,312
I'm about to order some cables for my Ultrasone tribute 7's. can't decide between the hydra and sw(which Frank says will suit most ultrasones). Could anyone elaborate a bit more about the differences between the two? Also noticed that the prices are different for iems and headphone cables I.e hydra 22 is more expensive than hydra 18 for iem but is the other way around for headphones

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #9,195 of 10,312
I'm about to order some cables for my Ultrasone tribute 7's. can't decide between the hydra and sw(which Frank says will suit most ultrasones). Could anyone elaborate a bit more about the differences between the two? Also noticed that the prices are different for iems and headphone cables I.e hydra 22 is more expensive than hydra 18 for iem but is the other way around for headphones

I would agree with the SW22 being preferable as Ultrasone headphones tend to be on the brighter side and the SW will flesh out the bass and smooth the treble a tad which is a good thing IMO. Regarding price, the headphone cables come standard at 6ft and the earphone cables are standard at 4ft. Also, I think you are confusing the different Hydra 18 versions; there is an 18awg IEM version which is 2 18awg cables which are split internally (overall 21awg per conductor) then there is an 18awg headphone version which is 4 separate 18awg cables. This is double the amount of material for the headphone version verses the earphone version so explains the rather sizable price difference. Hope that helps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back