Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 2, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #8,686 of 10,312
Toxic Cables owners i need some help here
rolleyes.gif

i am looking for a cable for my 2 ciems and i want to ask you how the sw25 effects the sound

one is a very nice but v-shaped ciem and i need a cable to beef up the mids 

the other is NT6 which is considered a bright CIEM and i need something that would probably control the highs and beef up the mids

would the sw25 work ?

what sound changes do you perceive when using it ?

cheers 

May 2, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #8,687 of 10,312
Toxic Cables owners i need some help here :rolleyes:

i am looking for a cable for my 2 ciems and i want to ask you how the sw25 effects the sound

one is a very nice but v-shaped ciem and i need a cable to beef up the mids 

the other is NT6 which is considered a bright CIEM and i need something that would probably control the highs and beef up the mids

would the sw25 work ?

what sound changes do you perceive when using it ?

cheers 

While we wait for the others to chip in, it should be a copper based cable like the BW you are looking for. Tame the trebles and fill out the mids. Only silver based that may work is the SW22. The SW25 usually extends the trebles and tightens up the bass. :)

May 4, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #8,688 of 10,312
So I have the BW24 for Hifiman (smc screw on connectors). The cable is less than six months old and the left connector is dying. Occasionally the audio cuts off and then once you twist the connector it works before the audio going out again. You don't expect this to happen with expensive custom cables, but here we are. The quality has made me vary of buying more cables from Toxic, which I was intending to do. Tried contacting Frank here, but he hasnt responded either. Ever happened to anyone or knows if this is covered under warranty? I had got this cable from someone and was in like new condition. Very disappointing.

May 6, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #8,689 of 10,312
So I have the BW24 for Hifiman (smc screw on connectors). The cable is less than six months old and the left connector is dying. Occasionally the audio cuts off and then once you twist the connector it works before the audio going out again. You don't expect this to happen with expensive custom cables, but here we are. The quality has made me vary of buying more cables from Toxic, which I was intending to do. Tried contacting Frank here, but he hasnt responded either. Ever happened to anyone or knows if this is covered under warranty? I had got this cable from someone and was in like new condition. Very disappointing.

I think your quote "I had got this cable from someone..." is very relevant. You seem to not be the original purchaser and they probably knew the cable was 'damaged' when selling to you.

May 6, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #8,690 of 10,312
I think your quote "I had got this cable from someone..." is very relevant. You seem to not be the original purchaser and they probably knew the cable was 'damaged' when selling to you.
yep..i agree..some people are really bad for their cables...and why sellin an almost new cable..did u ask why he wanted to sell? Ofcourse cables can break..but most of times its because of abuse..good luck..am sure frank comes up with a solution for u.

May 7, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #8,692 of 10,312

The cable was working perfectly. I think it has more to with connecting my headphones a few times since the connectors are so damn stiff and inflexible on this cable compared to others. Also, people sell new stuff all the time, just because it's a toxic cable it doesn't change anything. It was sold along with the headphones. Frank still hasn't responded yet so let's see.

May 7, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #8,693 of 10,312
he is talking about my BW cable, i didn't even use it for 24 hours, so relax people its was new in its package when i gave it to @Jozurr , i think it got to do with the connectors alone. hifiman connectors often face such a problem.

May 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #8,694 of 10,312

Apologies for the late response, i have been down with the cold and not logged on head-fi till now.

I stand by my products and they all come with warranty that is transferable to new owners. If there is a problem and the cable is under warranty, we will take care of it, as long as it is a manufacturing fault there is no charge for repair.

We have had thousands of cables go out that have had 0 issues to date, but there will always be a small number that can develop a fault over time and we take care if these, in or out of warranty.  i would like to think all my customers have been very happy with the build quality of my cables as no one has ever said otherwise. It is a shame that a single faulty cable, whatever the cause has made you wary of buying my cables.

Please reply to my PM and i can give you details on getting this cable back to us for inspection and repair.

May 9, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #8,695 of 10,312
I will say Frank's cables have been bullet proof for years now with heavy usage. Highly recommended!

May 9, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #8,696 of 10,312
I will say Frank's cables have been bullet proof for years now with heavy usage. Highly recommended!
i agree...have been using his cables for a long time now..never had any issues..except for wanting better and better...but thats a different problem
.one especially my wife doesnt like..lolx

May 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #8,697 of 10,312

i agree...have been using his cables for a long time now..never had any issues..except for wanting better and better...but thats a different problem
.one especially my wife doesnt like..lolx

At least they look like jewelry!  
evil_smiley.gif

May 10, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #8,698 of 10,312
Just received my cables from Frank. Initially I asked him what the turnaround time was for a set of IEM cables. But then he let me know what he had in stock and sent me a set of Virus 24. They sound great on my Shure 215s. Thanks Frank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back