Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 30, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #8,328 of 10,312
Just curious, have you are your 007 stock or have you sealed the bass port/done anything else to them? I'm finding myself curious about electrostatics these days I guess...

My other question is about the Silver poison- has anyone compared one with gold to one with pure silver? I am looking for maximum accuracy as my headphones see some studio monitoring use...

My 007MK2 is stock. No modding. People mod their mk2s to try to get it to sound like the mk1. But since I also have the MK1, I don't need to do so.

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #8,329 of 10,312
Wow..looks good buddy!!..very recognizable looks..lolz..i also like the looks and weight of the solid silver connectors..i also have those reference versions. :wink:

Thanks Paulo! Yes, it is such an impressive thing, both in terms of looks and sonic character! :)

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #8,330 of 10,312
Oh u mean u wanna test cables out before u buy? That i think will be difficult..they are in the UK..and i dont know if they have a seller in russia and no cable brand do test listening as far i know off...but if u read many of the stories (and my review mentioned in my signature) u can be sure they sound good for the price they cost....u wont be dissapointed..i am on my 4th cable and kiats has so many i lost count..and i can go on and on about customers being deliriously happy with their cables....and if u dont like the sound for some strange reason u can easily sell it to someone else if u want it.
Maybe u can tell us what ur looking for ..what soundsignature ur looking after? Every cable sounds different.

Have fun chosing :wink:

Heheh! Paulo is being kind. I have a few of Frank's cables. And, yes, excellent stuff that Frank puts out. And always enjoyable. :)

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #8,331 of 10,312
On a slightly different track: for those of you who have the Hifiman He1000 and wish that it wasn't so laid back, I've tried it with the SW22 balanced and it transforms the HE1000! Quicker, more details and yet with that nice weight in the notes that the SW22 brings. Of course my SW22 was done with LCD mini XLR connectors but with mini XLR to 2.5mm adapters which frank kindly did for me. :)

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #8,334 of 10,312
I know cables don't make that much of a difference, but my new (# 3) Silver Widow CIEM cable make one hell of a not so much of a difference 
wink_face.gif

Listening to my Custom 1964 Ears V8 - and these sound so well rounded - clear and clean with a low end that pummels - while keeping mids and treble frequencies separate. A big bag of credit goes to the CIEM, but the Widow shows more not so much of a difference than a number of my other cables.

It's still early on the West Coast and no, I haven't started drinking. 
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #8,335 of 10,312
i am really happy to know that my order is going to be shipped in the foreseeable future...
oh well, it was my fault as well, adding orders in between
anyway my Fitear really can't wait now!

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #8,337 of 10,312
Hey All,

Shopping for a cable for my HE-560s. I have the Silver Widow on my LCD3s and love it. Read a few impressions here through the many pages that maybe the Copper Venom seems to be a good choice for the HiFiMan Lineup? Any thoughts or advice I'd appreciate it.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #8,338 of 10,312
Hey All,

Shopping for a cable for my HE-560s. I have the Silver Widow on my LCD3s and love it. Read a few impressions here through the many pages that maybe the Copper Venom seems to be a good choice for the HiFiMan Lineup? Any thoughts or advice I'd appreciate it.

So youve decided that the 560s here to stay?

What r the other headphones u have? U can consider buying an adaptor for the 560s so u can use ur audeze cable with it

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #8,339 of 10,312
So youve decided that the 560s here to stay?

What r the other headphones u have? U can consider buying an adaptor for the 560s so u can use ur audeze cable with it

Yeah I'm gonna keep them nothing in their price range really that sounds as good or fits as comfortably in my opinion. Also I think they are good contrasting headphone to my lcd3s where I felt my LCDXs were not. Too similar so I sent them back.

Right now I just have the lcd3s, srh840s, and some IEMs. The cable made a big difference for me on the 3s so I think the right cable will be good for the 560s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back