Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 15, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #8,296 of 10,312
Hi all,

I've just bought a Chord Hugo and some Audeze LCD Xs - really enjoying the sound but the stock Audeze cable seems a bit of a weak link.

After much interwebs reading, Frank's Silver Poison cable sounds like just the ticket.

I'd go ahead and order...but read a heck of a lot of horror stories on various forums about months and months of delays with orders.

Do any of you chaps know if Toxic are still trading and would I be insane to place an order?

Cheers,

Dave

Your best bet is to email him. I placed an order for 2 cables and an adapter a few weeks ago.

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #8,297 of 10,312
Hi James,

Great minds and all that....sent an email yesterday!
wink_face.gif

I was posting here on the back of reading these forums and the recent concerned messages over Frank's well-being.

I'll sit tight and see what happens..

Cheers,

Dave

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #8,299 of 10,312
  Hi James,

Great minds and all that....sent an email yesterday!
wink_face.gif

I was posting here on the back of reading these forums and the recent concerned messages over Frank's well-being.

I'll sit tight and see what happens..

Cheers,

Dave

You are gonna receive a lot of emails reassuring you Fraks cable are great.  I have one and would definitely try another (planning on SW22). you will also hear that you need to be patient.  He gets a lot of orders and sometime there is a wait for a cable.....but well worth it. 

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #8,301 of 10,312
Wow these things look amazing.......Solid Silver....:beerchug:

Thanks Maguire! They sound even better. I'm just waiting on the last piece of the puzzle at this stage: two 3-tier TOAC ASR audio racks from Steven of Audio Basic here in Singapore. :)

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #8,302 of 10,312
Im going the same way myself, audio Hifi speaker system these days. Any chance of a quick review on these cables? You can share some of that audio bliss. Love to know your thoughts,
As Iv'e never heard any of Frank's interconnect cables. If it's not too much trouble of course mate....

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #8,303 of 10,312
Im going the same way myself, audio Hifi speaker system these days. Any chance of a quick review on these cables? You can share some of that audio bliss. Love to know your thoughts,
As Iv'e never heard any of Frank's interconnect cables. If it's not too much trouble of course mate....

Not sure about other makes but the Venom interconnect that I have is the first of its kind. You can imagine my delight when Frank had asked me some time back if I use XLR ICs. He was then thinking of this project. As luck would have it, by the time Frank decided to embark on the project, I had landed the LL2 and the VAW8PS, both for Stax cans. Importantly, the LL2 comes with a XLR pass through so that I could Use the DAC signal for more than one amp. :)

As for the Venom IC, you can see that it is a beauty. The weight in hand is impressive as well. The cable is stiff as it is solid core Venom. The connectors are classy: beautiful to behold and a very nice weight to hold.

When I plugged them in and threw on the Stax 007MK2, I was very surprised that with no burn in time (at least from my end) by the difference it made to the SQ I was hearing. The 007 sounded much smoother and refined. There was greater transparency and immediacy of mids in particular. Better resonance and decay in the bass. Overall, there was a greater density of the sound, which did not detract from the transparency. I always struggle to explain this part of the effect: there is greater weight to the notes: those of you who have heard the Venom will understand what I mean - more impact on each note.

Does the Venom XLR IC meet my expectations? Yes, yes and yes! I am very Glad I said yes to Frank when he first asked me if I wanted to be the first to get this. :)

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #8,305 of 10,312
Thank for that informative write up Kiats, these will no doubt get even better with playing...Frank's work is indeed impressive.

My pleasure, Maguire. I'm glad it was useful. The Venom will be become more and more effortless in how it conveys the music, if my experience with Venom headphone cables are anything to go by as it burns in. :)

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #8,306 of 10,312
Could someone please tell me Frank's email? I've left messages at his site and no response.

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #8,307 of 10,312
Oct 21, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #8,308 of 10,312
Thank you!

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #8,309 of 10,312
  Hi guys.  It seems that he takes his time over the cables he makes, I have been waiting 5 1/2 months for an origonally projected 2 week delivery (guess he was over worked before his holiday) but should I be unduely worried.  My last date, from Max, was estimated at early Sept onwards so does anyone kow what his order schedule backlog is?  I don't mind the wait, but he has not replied to a couple of emails and as I have yet to see a phone number I am hoping to get some information through here. My headphones are waiting for their new legs and are suffering with having to use the standard cable, they want to run wild with a proper cable to sing at their best.  It was going to be a birthday present to myself, but it seems like it might end up a Christmas present instead.  Any news will be grestly appreciated.

Hi,
Thw original 2 week estimate was for a cable i had ready to ship as was mentioned and unfortunately for some reason your payment never came through to me, it's my fault for not mentioning this and you resent when i went on holiday a month later, by which time the cable was sold and Max it seems also did not put it in the books, thinking i had the order noted already.
I apologize for the mix up on our part and will be dealing with your order ASAP.

Apologies again for the wait.

Apologies to all else for my lack of replies to emails and PM's, i have had a few things on which are sorted now and i am back to my usual workaholic self.

I will go through all the emails and PM's over the next few days, so please hang in there, i have hundreds to go through and will go through them as quick as i can while dealing with pending orders also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back