Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 23, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #8,311 of 10,312
Toxic, thank you for the update and i am glad to hear that things are getting better.  I would like to start off with there was never any resentment in your holiday if I am reading it the right way, I also appreciate that mix ups occour, we are only human, but having seen so many good things said about you I decided to A: order one of your cables in the first place and B:wait it out until I had one of them in my hands.  It would have been so easy to ask for a refund and get another cable, but there must be something you have been doing right for so many to praise your work consistantly.  All I wanted to do was get some info, and hope that my order was not misplaced etc (this has happened on more than one occasion while dealing with other people).  It is easy sometimes for my wording to be taken the wrong way and if how I have put across my thoughts has led to you thinking I have a problem please accept my apology as this is not my intent, sometimes I know what I mean but it does not carry over that way.  I am contemplating upgrading the cable on my Ultimate Ears Triple fy 10's so please can you let me know which cable you recommend, my HD650's can wait their turn for upgrading.

regards and respect

Steve

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #8,313 of 10,312
  Toxic, thank you for the update and i am glad to hear that things are getting better.  I would like to start off with there was never any resentment in your holiday if I am reading it the right way, I also appreciate that mix ups occour, we are only human, but having seen so many good things said about you I decided to A: order one of your cables in the first place and B:wait it out until I had one of them in my hands.  It would have been so easy to ask for a refund and get another cable, but there must be something you have been doing right for so many to praise your work consistantly.  All I wanted to do was get some info, and hope that my order was not misplaced etc (this has happened on more than one occasion while dealing with other people).  It is easy sometimes for my wording to be taken the wrong way and if how I have put across my thoughts has led to you thinking I have a problem please accept my apology as this is not my intent, sometimes I know what I mean but it does not carry over that way.  I am contemplating upgrading the cable on my Ultimate Ears Triple fy 10's so please can you let me know which cable you recommend, my HD650's can wait their turn for upgrading.

regards and respect

Steve

Absolutely not Steve, i really appreciate how understand and patient you have been from the start and even in your earlier post. Just wanted to explain that there was a mix up on my end as i did not seem to have your order in the books.

It's me that is sorry for the wait, i will get this sorted for you personally ASAP.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #8,314 of 10,312
who manufactures these cables? what company?

The company is Toxic Cables, owned by Frank who posts on Head-Fi under his companies name. The design and a significant proportion of the assembly of the cables is done by Frank. The latest list of cables can be found in his profile here; however he will consider making other versions if you have particular needs, this includes other types of cables such as interconnects. He does not make recommendations in the forum but will often make them in response to a PM, which is also the best way to contact him.

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #8,315 of 10,312
After indulging on my new Stax SR007MK2, I'm back on my Abyss with the reference Venom. If I recall correctly, Frank had this with silver tipped XLR connectors. Both channels are separate. Mind blowing is what I would say. Fantastic details and depth. And yet the music flows with such ease. Wonderful match to the amazing Abyss on the Cavalli LAu. :)

Oct 25, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #8,317 of 10,312
The company is Toxic Cables, owned by Frank who posts on Head-Fi under his companies name. The design and a significant proportion of the assembly of the cables is done by Frank. The latest list of cables can be found in his profile here; however he will consider making other versions if you have particular needs, this includes other types of cables such as interconnects. He does not make recommendations in the forum but will often make them in response to a PM, which is also the best way to contact him.

give me a link una his profile!
redface.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #8,319 of 10,312
After indulging on my new Stax SR007MK2, I'm back on my Abyss with the reference Venom. If I recall correctly, Frank had this with silver tipped XLR connectors. Both channels are separate. Mind blowing is what I would say. Fantastic details and depth. And yet the music flows with such ease. Wonderful match to the amazing Abyss on the Cavalli LAu.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just curious, have you are your 007 stock or have you sealed the bass port/done anything else to them? I'm finding myself curious about electrostatics these days I guess...

My other question is about the Silver poison- has anyone compared one with gold to one with pure silver? I am looking for maximum accuracy as my headphones see some studio monitoring use...

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #8,321 of 10,312
[COLOR=111111]I think before we go to this dude![/COLOR]

Dont understand..hundreds (probably thousands!) of people bought cables from him and are super happy and keep on buying from him..so he must make good cables and is reliable..
..so pls explain what u mean with ur statement..as it isnt based on anything....thanks!

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #8,322 of 10,312

Thanks, Frank! Great stuff!

May I present my new Venom XLR IC: solid silver connectors and tips. :)

Wow..looks good buddy!!..very recognizable looks..lolz..i also like the looks and weight of the solid silver connectors..i also have those reference versions. :wink:

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #8,324 of 10,312
[COLOR=111111]it is interesting in Russia is it company? I'd like to pre-listen![/COLOR]

Oh u mean u wanna test cables out before u buy? That i think will be difficult..they are in the UK..and i dont know if they have a seller in russia and no cable brand do test listening as far i know off...but if u read many of the stories (and my review mentioned in my signature) u can be sure they sound good for the price they cost....u wont be dissapointed..i am on my 4th cable and kiats has so many i lost count..and i can go on and on about customers being deliriously happy with their cables....and if u dont like the sound for some strange reason u can easily sell it to someone else if u want it.
Maybe u can tell us what ur looking for ..what soundsignature ur looking after? Every cable sounds different.

Have fun chosing :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back