Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 19, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #8,240 of 10,312
All my RCA interconnects and XLR cables are made by Frank......they are both stunning and top of the line.  I fancy one day I might even step up to Silver Widow on all the interconnects (one step @ a time) as they are all silver poison right now.  Great stuff.

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #8,241 of 10,312
Hey guys - just curious... is it ok to have these in there like this? I'm super carful when winding the cable up and putting it in the case.
I actually wind it up in the case, and not in my hands to make sure I don't wind it any tighter then absolutely necessary to make it fit. The cable is relatively thick so, just wanna make sure this is ok. The thing I'm most nervous about is the where the silver widow cable meets the 1/8" plug. I should be able to see what I'm talking about in the photo. That's where things are at it's tightest. 

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #8,244 of 10,312
I've sent you a mail via your contact form on your website. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Okay so I just got the list of options I can get and I'm kinda lost now, way to many options.

I'm getting the Liquid Carbon amp soon. As such I need some cables. Currently have the Alpha Dog headphones. I will be getting my impressions on Monday for a set of Noble K10. Which would be the best cable choice for each of those?

Also do they do a cheap <£100 power cable?

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #8,245 of 10,312
I use a toxic silver widow for my k10 :).

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #8,246 of 10,312
Frank, I dropped you a PM. :)

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #8,247 of 10,312
>Just received my set of Silver Widow 22 few days ago.
>First issue I encountered, my cable is missing the metal choker or as a matter of fact there isn't a choker on it to begin with.
>Contacted local reseller Joe with regards to it.
>Plugged it in with my k10s and was just admiring the boomy muddy sound as with all unburnt in cables.
>30 hrs in it starts to open up.
>I decide to play some of my more detailed songs but for some reason I couldn't tell left from right when the artiste comes on stage and i was unable to image if he was coming from either direction.
>Decided to create a file to test my left and right channel.
>To my frustration, when the sound thats supposed to come from the left started, i hear it coming from my right channel.
>I checked that the side marked in red is on the right side, and the one unmarked/white marked is on the left.
>Tested again and same problem, left plays on my right and right plays on my left.
>Might be an issue with my file, went on youtube to test all the stereo left and right channel tests.
>Same issue.

>Right now I've swapped the pins where the red is now plugged in to my left side and the white/unmarked is on the right.
>Sound right
>Tested again, Problem fixed.
>But now the cables are twisting towards the outside my ear and its very uncomfortable as its causing my ciems to break seal.

>Am really frustrated right now.
>again contacted my local reseller Joe with regards to the problem.

With regards to Sonic Qualities of the cable, I would like to agree with the fact that it improves/enhances on the capabilities of my iems. How so? With comparison to the SW25.5 (from memory) I am hearing twice the amount of Soundstaging (SW25.5 70 degrees angle of space whilst on the SW22 sounds like 160 degrees-ish), Air, Imaging is now at least enough for me to clearly identify and seperate from other instruments, Mids are now almost liquid smooth but still not "Fitear smooth" :3, Bass has also tightened up. Overall very satisfied with the sound :)

2/9 > Waiting for Solution as Joe addresses the issue with Frank.
3/9 > Decided to fix the issue on my own 

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #8,248 of 10,312
  I'm about to blow over right now, just wanted to state this out since I never thought something like this could happen.

>First issue I encountered, my cable is missing the metal choker or as a matter of fact there isn't a choker on it to begin with.
>Plugged it in with my k10s and was just admiring the boomy muddy sound as with all unburnt in cables.
>I decide to play some of my more detailed songs but for some reason I couldn't tell left from right when the artiste comes on stage and i was unable to image if he was coming from either direction.
>To my frustration, when the sound thats supposed to come from the left started, i hear it coming from my right channel.
>I checked that the side marked in red is on the right side, and the one unmarked/white marked is on the left.
>Tested again and same problem, left plays on my right and right plays on my left.
>Might be an issue with my file, went on youtube to test all the stereo left and right channel tests.
>Same issue.

>Right now I've swapped the pins where the red is now plugged in to my left side and the white/unmarked is on the right.
>Sound right
>But now the cables are twisting towards the outside my ear and its very uncomfortable as its causing my ciems to break seal.

I have no issues regarding the sonic quality/capabilities of the cable but I am really disappointed to find so many issues with the cable just as it arrived after the really long wait. With regards to Sonic Qualities of the cable, I would like to agree with the fact that it improves/enhances on the capabilities of my iems. 

Shawn, as advised to you, the matter has been brought up to Frank's attention. While I understand your frustration, please also understand that we are committed to try to solve your issues. Give me some time to correspond with Frank and we will try to make things right.

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #8,250 of 10,312

>Same issue.

>Sound right

With regards to Sonic Qualities of the cable, I would like to agree with the fact that it improves/enhances on the capabilities of my iems. How so? With comparison to the SW25.5 (from memory) I am hearing twice the amount of Soundstaging (SW25.5 70 degrees angle of space whilst on the SW22 sounds like 160 degrees-ish), Air, Imaging is now at least enough for me to clearly identify and seperate from other instruments, Mids are now almost liquid smooth but still not "Fitear smooth" :3, Bass has also tightened up. Overall very satisfied with the sound :)

2/9 > Waiting for Solution as Joe addresses the issue with Frank.
3/9 > Decided to fix the issue on my own 

Sorry for the issues you are facing, we are a small company and sometimes the odd mistake happens, although very rare and it is always taken care of.

Please speak to Joe as you have been and we will both take care of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back