Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 20, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #8,221 of 10,312
Am fine buddy..only my head and my back hurts...no biggie! Thanks for asking!

Just did inquiry about replacing the screen of my edge..What..300euros! For a screen! Are they nuts?:xf_eek:

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #8,223 of 10,312
Am fine buddy..only my head and my back hurts...no biggie! Thanks for asking!

Just did inquiry about replacing the screen of my edge..What..300euros! For a screen! Are they nuts?
redface.gif

Holy **** Paulo! Glad you are OK...Good to hear the gear survived too. Crazy things happen don't they. 
eek.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #8,224 of 10,312
Paulo, I'm glad to hear that you are ok and the gear did very well to survive the stress test. :)

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #8,225 of 10,312
Paulo, I'm glad to hear that you are ok and the gear did very well to survive the stress test.
smily_headphones1.gif

lolz..yeah..stress test it was..but i am like those old muscle cars...we get bumbs and get old...but we never fade or break (to badly)...hehehehe

and about my gear...i have to be honest here...it deeply surprised me...i really thought i had to get both repaired (or worse!)...as my amp is not a lightweight and my cable took him with it as its connected by lockable XLR connectors...but both didnt blink...unbelievable! my body is in a worse state... a light concussion and stretched out lower back muscle.. so its a bit painful...oh well..i survive....am getting old i guess...hehehe 
but thanks for being worried buddies!...:) i threw my recliner out as once and never more! am now listening to music on a relaxing beach chair (until i find a new chair to my likings and my size..am not the tallest dude..lolz)...also very comfy.. :)

Jul 24, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #8,226 of 10,312
Sign from the Gods that it's time for an easy chair to match the gear. :)

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #8,227 of 10,312
BTW guys I got some spare Virus cables if anyone is interested. A Hifiman Single Ended (in classifieds) and an Audeze Balanced (not yet listed). Give me a buzz if you're interested or want more info. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #8,228 of 10,312
Does anyone know when Franks comes back? i still have the loaner 4wire Silver Widow 22awg in my possession, laying in its sexy box. And i wanna sent it back to him.

thanks!

ps...anyone knows if frank makes ethernet cables also? i just bought a NAS on which my music is now...and use a heavy duty (ofcourse metal enclosured) managed switch to connect to player (dedicated laptop) and then by USB to my beloved BC rig. So i need some good (not as rediculus priced audioquest cables!) cat 6A or cat7 cables...2 of them for my music mini Lan (local area network)..

i now use good industrial quality isolated cat 5e..and god be damned...sound is different then when i had the music on a high quality sdcard pugged into the laptop...

at first i didnt like it at all!..music is further away! so weird...but after listening for 2 days i recognized the music to be more open and more wider, its much deeper also, more 3d..u now can actually hear better that the singer is IN front of the rest..or the drummer in the back...so weird to hear that way so strongly on a headphone....its as if the circle of music got bigger.NOT FULLER!!!..

as i said...i didnt like it at first and didnt recognize it also in the beginning what i now know...does it have to do with the stored music being away from out of the dedicated music laptop (foobar2000, KS kernel streaming) with all its heat building up and moving (and electrical charged) objects etc inside?

i dont know..but that the sound is changed..thats fact!...funny is i expected the sound to be more then what i had now..instead i got...well..something different..but i like it!!
now find cat 6A cables with some really heavy duty RJ45 connectors...like these ones:

http://www.blackbox.nl/nl-nl/fi/1251/12757/CAT6a-Shielded-Jack/

and some super heavy duty 23AWG ethernet cables between my mini lan

let me know when frank comes in and if he makes ethernetcables also...mmmm a silver widow 22AWG based ethernetcable anyone?

am goin to built me a micro pc to use as player rig...and looksie what motherboard i will be using:
and hint: scroll down and check out the usb thingies on this board (u can even switch of the power in the bios through the usb out..so only signal goes through to external dac!)..maybe first audiophile motherboard?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4911#ov

see ya guys...

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #8,232 of 10,312
Welcome back Frank. Hope you had a good vacation and charged your batteries. Do reply my PM when you get to it. 

Thanks!

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #8,233 of 10,312
Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive.

I will be back in the workshop on Friday and will resume work on all pending orders then.

Glad to hear the gear survived and you was not badly hurt Paulo.

Welcome back Frank! :)

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #8,234 of 10,312
Welcome Back Frank!! <3 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back