Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #7,411 of 10,312
Hmm... What is it that you want to achieve with the cable? Frankly, for my HE6, HE-5LE & HE-500, I find that the BW gives the right balance between details and an organic sig. :)

I agree..the bw just loves hifiman headphones....they are made for each other imho. And i had almost all hifimans and all had BW (22awg) on them....yummy :wink:

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #7,412 of 10,312
I already have a collection of Toxic Cables for my IEMs (some new and some 2nd hand) but I just got a Toxic Viper RCA with Furutech Connectors from Frank. 

I must say that I've never been a fan of SPC but the Vipers sound VERY GOOD. Better than the Cryoed Neotech 3004s that I had been using. Clearly more detail, dynamics and punch. Best of all, no listening fatigue so far; usually one of the hallmarks of SPC cables. 

I'm very impressed. 

I was just wondering why some RCA interconnects have a preferred direction indicated and some don't. The Vipers do not have any preferred direction marked on the cable but all the Neotech and Wireworld cables I have do. 

Nov 28, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #7,416 of 10,312

Roxanne customs cables now available to order
 ​
Toxic Cables is very happy to now be able to take orders for the JH Roxanne cables.

We are the first to now start taking orders for high end Roxanne cables as we finally have the parts to hand.

Please PM me with the type of cable you would like and we will get a price for you.

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #7,418 of 10,312
Hi,

I have a set of Westone 4R's of which one of the sockets was destroyed when the cable snapped off.

Being in the market for a new cable as well as a pair of sockets, I found 'Toxic Cables' to be interesting.

Seeing however thet they get quite mixed reviews on Head Fi I decided to order just a set of sockets first to see for myself.

I asked to be sent the sockets in a plain envelope as to avoid the £12,- postage fees for a £9,- pair of sockets. 

The very first announcement that was made by Topxic Cables was that 'they would not be responsible for loss'. As an active Ebay user (200+ transactions) I found this to be quite remarkable as I have never once lost anything in the mail, nor am I used to being warned about potential loss of products in transport, but I didn't think too much of it and placed the order.

Needless to say I have never received my sockets. 

Have they been sent and lost in the mail? Have they not been sent at all ? Who knows?

Almost 4 weeks have passed, and after several reminders I've just decided to give up and order them from Singapore. They arrived within a week. No warning about them potentially being lost in the mail either, I guess a professional seller would more likely adapt a different attitude of: if a product would be lost in the mail, let's just send another one to keep the customer happy.

Maybe Toxic Cables should adopt an attitude like that. If they had, I would have probably ordered my $300,- replacement cable from them.

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #7,419 of 10,312
when i ordered my 6.5mm connector from toxic cable the delivery charge was more then the connector to australia.
communications was great via facebook messaging and i did receive my connector.

i always find it best to let a company use there chosen delivery method there is alot of theft in mail delivery.

maybe a private message to them might be the best action to take.

Nov 29, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #7,420 of 10,312
I just posted on the Toxic Cable Facebook page, and I could not resist to share my first impression of my new silver widow cable that I received on Thursday. More impressions to come! here we go more shivers ! :D 

Quote:
 Frank I would like to personally thank you for providing me with the best cable my HD800 could ever have. I have been listening to the silver widow for a couple of hours now and they already made me shiver, smile, and finally cry. I gotta give to you Frank, you are the best!

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #7,421 of 10,312
Hi,

I have a set of Westone 4R's of which one of the sockets was destroyed when the cable snapped off.

Being in the market for a new cable as well as a pair of sockets, I found 'Toxic Cables' to be interesting.

Seeing however thet they get quite mixed reviews on Head Fi I decided to order just a set of sockets first to see for myself.

I asked to be sent the sockets in a plain envelope as to avoid the £12,- postage fees for a £9,- pair of sockets. 

The very first announcement that was made by Topxic Cables was that 'they would not be responsible for loss'. As an active Ebay user (200+ transactions) I found this to be quite remarkable as I have never once lost anything in the mail, nor am I used to being warned about potential loss of products in transport, but I didn't think too much of it and placed the order.

Have they been sent and lost in the mail? Have they not been sent at all ? Who knows?

Almost 4 weeks have passed, and after several reminders I've just decided to give up and order them from Singapore. They arrived within a week. No warning about them potentially being lost in the mail either, I guess a professional seller would more likely adapt a different attitude of: if a product would be lost in the mail, let's just send another one to keep the customer happy.

Maybe Toxic Cables should adopt an attitude like that. If they had, I would have probably ordered my $300,- replacement cable from them.

Question..why would u ever choose for a delivery method that almost for sure can go wrong? I also lost a shipment once..and u guessed it..no track and track..stupid of me to save a few bucks..never again...and since then no problems:) as i always let it shipped insured or track a d trace..

And between us..best way to deal with this is contacting them directly instead of posting here.and.there is a specific thread about experiencing these kind of things with toxic...

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #7,423 of 10,312
  Hi,

Firstly, you contacted me saying the £12 standard recorded postage was high and if i could do anything about it and that you would be happy with the plugs just chucked in a package and sent.
I then offered you standard postage for £4 and felt i should mention that i would not take any responsibility for loss, should you choose this option as i have no way of knowing if the package has arrived or not.

Have they been sent at all? are you kidding me. It's a £9 plug that costs me less to buy, why on earth would i not send it and then say i have.

No warning about loss, what was me saying i would not take any responsibility for loss when using this method meant to mean? 

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #7,424 of 10,312
I feel like it's been clarified time after time with situations like this but I guess people don't learn hah......

1) There are no "mixed" reviews from toxic cables from what I see.  Everyone that has seen/bought cables from Frank knows they got their money's worth and more.  They are ridiculously nice and it shows the care/attention to detail he puts into his cables.

2)  The only "bad" reviews I've seen all end up with egg on the poster's face.  Every claim that has come up stating this and that gets Frank's personal attention and the true story comes out.  I haven't seen an instance where he didn't make it right with the customer either even when it's clearly the customer being unreasonable.  He has no reason to swindle anyone, his goal is to make perfect cables per your specs and that is that at the most reasonable price.....much less in this case speaking of connectors......

3)  All other "semi-bad" reviews are basically people wanting their cable yesterday.  As someone that's waited 10 months etc for his cables, I have no issue with this at all.  I know the money is in good hands and I know what will come will make me happy.  It's not as if I can't use stock cables for my equipment/temporary solutions meanwhile.  It's been made abundantly clear that his work takes awhile (for good reason) due to the labor involved and backlog.

Frank is busy making everyone's cables/making sure things continue moving.  Anyone following the thread and seeing his operation should know that he's not dealing with a handful of orders at a time....but hundreds of custom orders.  He'll give the best lead times he can but things come up like every business.  Important thing is to continue enjoying this thing called music (the reason why everyone's here I thought?) and let the man work his magic.

Keep up the good work Frank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back