Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #6,301 of 10,312
Yeah....looks like horrible customer service to me...Seriously now, how many vendors out there will replace something when the tracking shows delivered without hesitation. You're a class act Frank, keep up the good work. Still working on my new orders with you.

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #6,302 of 10,312
Yeah....looks like horrible customer service to me...Seriously now, how many vendors out there will replace something when the tracking shows delivered without hesitation. You're a class act Frank, keep up the good work. Still working on my new orders with you.

+1

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #6,304 of 10,312
  I am going to PM you the tracking now, took my staff over an hour to find it, once you track it, you will see that the adapter was sent 2 days after it was ordered, you are the only Czech Republic customer i have ever had, so my staff remembered sending it.

I pass adapter orders that are on their own without a cable to my staff, he takes care of them from the workshop and ships. When i said a week, i go by the estimate i had given you at which point i contacted my staff to send it and he told me it was already sent, this is why when you contacted my the next time, i said it should have already gone out and i would check.

Well i have just sent you a PM to confirm your address along with the tracking number which says it was delivered, you placed your order on the 13th, it was sent on the 16th and below is the tracking results.

Delivered

Your item, posted on 16/01/14 with reference XXXXXXXXXXX was delivered in CZECH REPUBLIC on 21/01/14.

If you say you have not recived it, that is fine, it's only a adapter/cable and i will have my staff make another and send it,

Apologies for the wait.

Thanks for the message, and as I see the tracking information says it was delivered, it wasn't to me. It must have been lost and they botched the paperwork to cover their mistake because I can't see someone coveting such a specific product. Thanks for the follow-up and I look forward to finally having the adapter/cable.

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #6,305 of 10,312
+2!

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #6,306 of 10,312
Thanks for the message, and as I see the tracking information says it was delivered, it wasn't to me. It must have been lost and they botched the paperwork to cover their mistake because I can't see someone coveting such a specific product. Thanks for the follow-up and I look forward to finally having the adapter/cable.

And what about all those attacks on Frank's business conducts, now that you found out it wasn't his fault after all?

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #6,308 of 10,312

You both seem to miss the point that as late as march 1st I was being told that the item hadn't shipped yet. 

Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 11:04 PM
To: Robert Polo
Subject: Re: Adapter

Will go out next week.

While I laud Frank for the follow-up and replacement, the communication error(s) remain. This could have been resolved a month ago.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #6,310 of 10,312
I wonder if someone here can help me with something. I just bought an ODAC XL & O2 to go with my AKG Q701's. This is my first foray into real hi-fi. I didn't actually realise the sound I'm hearing now was possible for such relatively little outlay. Here's the thing. I'd like to be able to use shorter cables between the DAC & amp. Both use full-size RCA connectors. Every cable I've seen though is too long (even 0.5m seems extreme for these tiny units) and too stiff. Even if I could get a short length made up it would be too rigid to bend to both units. The reason I came here is I saw someone with a tiny OTG USB cable for his portable. I found out it was made by toxic. It was gorgeous - and logical. Fit for purpose. I realise that's a different cable from what I'm looking for but is it possible to do something similar for the ODAC & O2? I could actually use one of those OTG USB cables too for my SGN3 & E18. I don't see anything similar on the Toxic website so I guess that was a custom job. It did look lovely.

If Toxic can't do anything like I'm looking for does anybody? Perhaps it's not technically possible to do it. I know RCA plugs are pretty big in the first place.

Can anyone help me out please?

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #6,311 of 10,312
I wonder if someone here can help me with something. I just bought an ODAC XL & O2 to go with my AKG Q701's. This is my first foray into real hi-fi. I didn't actually realise the sound I'm hearing now was possible for such relatively little outlay. Here's the thing. I'd like to be able to use shorter cables between the DAC & amp. Both use full-size RCA connectors. Every cable I've seen though is too long (even 0.5m seems extreme for these tiny units) and too stiff. Even if I could get a short length made up it would be too rigid to bend to both units. The reason I came here is I saw someone with a tiny OTG USB cable for his portable. I found out it was made by toxic. It was gorgeous - and logical. Fit for purpose. I realise that's a different cable from what I'm looking for but is it possible to do something similar for the ODAC & O2? I could actually use one of those OTG USB cables too for my SGN3 & E18. I don't see anything similar on the Toxic website so I guess that was a custom job. It did look lovely.

If Toxic can't do anything like I'm looking for does anybody? Perhaps it's not technically possible to do it. I know RCA plugs are pretty big in the first place.

Can anyone help me out please?

Dear friend..just shoot frank ( the owner of toxic cables) a pm..he can make u everything..and trust me..the quality will blow ur mind...and the price is lower then u would expect!

And a tip..if he doesnt reply to u in a few days (he is a very busy dude), post here that u pm'ed him about an adaptercable and resent the pm again..yeah i know its a bit of work..but we have to be patient and understand that frank is extremely busy... And ur in luck..he is close to u, u being in scotland.

If u do it like this and u buy that adapter u connect it in ur rig..and u will be delighted! We all react the same way..

So frank: u can expect a nice pm from this potential customer for life (yep, once u get toxicated, u wont turn back..lolz)

Good luck with ur question my fellow headf'er

Ps..if frank cant do it..he will say so honestly..but until now we have a saying: IF FRANk CANT DO IT....NO ONE CAN (cable wise)

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #6,312 of 10,312
Dear friend..just shoot frank ( the owner of toxic cables) a pm..he can make u everything..and trust me..the quality will blow ur mind...and the price is lower then u would expect!

And a tip..if he doesnt reply to u in a few days (he is a very busy dude), post here that u pm'ed him about an adaptercable and resent the pm again..yeah i know its a bit of work..but we have to be patient and understand that frank is extremely busy... And ur in luck..he is close to u, u being in scotland.

If u do it like this and u buy that adapter u connect it in ur rig..and u will be delighted! We all react the same way..

So frank: u can expect a nice pm from this potential customer for life (yep, once u get toxicated, u wont turn back..lolz)

Good luck with ur question my fellow headf'er

Ps..if frank cant do it..he will say so honestly..but until now we have a saying: IF FRANk CANT DO IT....NO ONE CAN (cable wise)

I shall do that this evening, kind Sir. I don't generally like pm'img people as it seems a tad pushy. I do get a kick out of the personal service of smaller operations rather than huge corporations.

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #6,313 of 10,312
Hi Frank, I've sent you an email with a couple of enquiries. I've also been advised to copy the email to here in case you don't see it as you're so busy. So, here it is...

Hello Frank,

I have a couple of requests but I'm not sure if they're even possible. You're the expert.

1. I saw a special cable you made for someone on Head-Fi and wondered if you would build another for myself. It was a very short OTG USB cable made from 8mm silver (I believe). The ones that came supplied with my Fiio E18 are too long and too inflexible which puts too much strain on the sockets. If it's possible could you please let me know how much it would cost and how long it would take?

2. I just took delivery of an ODAC XL & O2. Wonderful things but so tiny. Anyway, "XL" refers to them having full-size RCA sockets which allow me to use regular phono interconnects. The trouble is the ones I have are all 1.0m long which is ridiculous for units so small. Even 0.5m lengths would be too long. I'd like to use something much shorter but even if I could get, say, 6" lengths, they'd still be too stiff and inflexible. Plus the plugs themselves are always at least 1" long. There's one more potential issue I can think of. The ODAC & O2 are famous for their transparency and so I wouldn't want a cable which would colour the sound unduly. I know, it's a lot to ask.

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to achieve? I suspect there's not but I've seen your work and I think if you tell me it can't be done then it can't be done. If you can do it would you please let me know how much that would likely cost?

Kind regards,
Gordon.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #6,315 of 10,312
It would be way cool if he can. Some of these cables look like works of art to be honest. Pity I've no idea what they sound like. From what I've read in this thread so far they're pretty good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back