Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 13, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #5,941 of 10,312
Where is the Silver Widow cable on the Toxic Cable website? When I go there and look for Audeze headphone cables, I only see the Silver Poison cables, copper/silver cables, and all copper cables. No mention of the Silver Widow cable.

pls check this out for ur answer:

http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables

and if u found ur answer sent a pm to frank (the owner of toxic cables) to order it..and he will reply u for the steps to take

good luck with ur choice and have fun

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #5,942 of 10,312
pls check this out for ur answer:

http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables

and if u found ur answer sent a pm to frank (the owner of toxic cables) to order it..and he will reply u for the steps to take

good luck with ur choice and have fun

hifimanrookie,
Thanks for the info.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #5,943 of 10,312
Can't wait for my SP to get here. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #5,944 of 10,312
no new reviews of late 
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #5,945 of 10,312
May I ask for JH3A+adapter toxic cable, I already since Oct-2013.

Thank you

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #5,947 of 10,312
No matter how many times I hear it, I'm always very dubious to believe that cables can really impact a sonic signature THAT much.. How wrong am I really?

I would say....buy a toxic cable..let it burn in for 100hrs..and then do a openminded compare with the cable u have now..WITH UR EARS!..u will hear differences! Whether u will like that difference is up to u ofcourse..i cant be more honest to u without showing u how good toxic cables are for the money..u have to find out urself..its only way u will believe it i am guessing...we all believe it....but we have one or more toxic cables..so we know..but u urself can only be sure if u have one..good luck with ur search :wink:

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #5,948 of 10,312
  No matter how many times I hear it, I'm always very dubious to believe that cables can really impact a sonic signature THAT much.. How wrong am I really?

It's a never ending battle between those who believe and those who don't Some of us can hear the difference, while others insist that it's just a placebo effect. The bottom line is that you should trust your ears. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #5,949 of 10,312
FYI: Headphone Cable Measurements by Tyll @ InnerFidelity

I justified my HD800 headphone cable upgrade to Toxic BW for these reasons:

1) SE to balanced mode improvements
2) It looks much better than stock cable
3) Its shorter than stock cable, less messy
4) Same/lower price than Sennheiser branded XLR cable
5) Maybe there will be some sonic benefits from the cable itself

Even without #5, I win :)

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #5,951 of 10,312
Frank, I got the SW for my Fitear TG334 last Friday. Out of the packet, I would say the cables definitely require a burn-in. Have done so for just over 50 hours and I am really impressed. Besides the top-notch build quality and looks, the sound is now super. Thank you.

Feb 18, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #5,952 of 10,312
Ordered Silver Poison cables for my old HD 600s last night. They have been rocking the original Cardas headphone cable for a long time. Being silver, this may be a better sounding cable. Silver takes a long time to break in. 100 hours or how long Frank? If this his not a good cable for HD600s, please speak now.

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #5,953 of 10,312
Just a quick note on the BW and balanced Scorpion I received last week. Both were made for use with Fitear iems.

The balanced Scorpion is for use with my HM 901 and hence comes with TRRS plug. The Scorpion is a good looking cable. Lovely black with a hint of bronze. I am still burning it in and off the C435, the soundstage really opens up and the instrument separation becomes even more distinct. There is also a lovely warmth to the sound sig, without bringing on any sort of veil. I am very please with the Scorpion and am glad i took the plunge for this. I had some misgivings about balanced cables for a BA like my Fitears but the C435 sounds like it benefits from the balanced cable.

The BW is a beauty! And it sounds fantastic too. There is a nice tube-like character to its sig. I have so far used it on my 333 as well as the C435. There are great details and clarity as well. I would just say that it is very musical. I am really enjoying it with the HM 802 on iem card. 

Were the cables worth the wait? Definitely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back