Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 29, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #5,866 of 10,312
Jan 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #5,868 of 10,312
just go with Silver Widow 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #5,869 of 10,312
Hmm... I haven't received my Virus from Frank yet. However, I have both the BW and SW. Frankly, it's the BW that does it for me with the LCD3: it gives a more organic feel to the bass, while retaining its transparency.

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #5,870 of 10,312
  Hmm... I haven't received my Virus from Frank yet. However, I have both the BW and SW. Frankly, it's the BW that does it for me with the LCD3: it gives a more organic feel to the bass, while retaining its transparency.

Your findings make sense, as the standard cable on the Audeze's is made of copper. With the Black Widow you just get more of the same sound, as it is a higher class copper cable.

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #5,873 of 10,312
+1. Wondering the same myself. Thanks.
+1. Wondering the same myself. Thanks.

Not wanting to make u want it even more..but..i have a balanced 8wire 22AWG BW (see my avatar pic) and until now its by far the best headphone cable i ever heard for my he500... Very balanced..if it would be brighter it would sound to much! U wont regret to buy a BW..but..get a 8wire version..i had a 4wire version before..and eventhough it was excellent the 8wire version is a big step up...to my ears anyway..

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #5,874 of 10,312
In the meanwhile, its been Audez'e day Thursday for me. Rotating the 2.2, 3 and the XC with the SP cable. Must tell you, the SP is becoming my favorite cable for the Audez'es. The 2.2, IMO, gains a bit of soundstage with the top extending a little better. The bottom end of the 3 extends just a tad more.

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #5,875 of 10,312
Not wanting to make u want it even more..but..i have a balanced 8wire 22AWG BW (see my avatar pic) and until now its by far the best headphone cable i ever heard for my he500... Very balanced..if it would be brighter it would sound to much! U wont regret to buy a BW..but..get a 8wire version..i had a 4wire version before..and eventhough it was excellent the 8wire version is a big step up...to my ears anyway..

I'd love to...but I don't see it listed on the Toxic Cables website ! Helloooo Frank !

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #5,876 of 10,312

Hey Rooks,

you got 3 of those ? Wanna sell me one 8 wire ?
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #5,877 of 10,312
Has anyone compared the BW or SW to a DHC Complement2 ?  That copper cable has been receiving great reviews.

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #5,878 of 10,312
I'd love to...but I don't see it listed on the Toxic Cables website ! Helloooo Frank !

Pm him and ask him to built one for u..i did the same.. :p
And i dont have 3 8wire cables...i only have one custommade 8wire 22AWG BW with dual XLR (with left and right channel completely seperated from beginning to end) headphone cable, one 8wire 22AWG BW adapter cable from single 1/4 to dual XLR and one 4wire 22AWG BW cable from 1/8 to dual RCA..the 4wire 22AWG BW cable is already connected to another happy headfi member's headphone :D

So am sorry..nothing to sell..and i would only sell my wonderful BW to replace it with a (COPPER) VENOM..as thats probably the only cable that will improve my new rig even more and then make lots of people make their jaws fall on the floor on meetings :xf_eek:
Sooo frank??? Oopsie :D

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #5,879 of 10,312
Has anyone compared the BW or SW to a DHC Complement2 ?  That copper cable has been receiving great reviews.

I had a custommade DHC molecule cable before i had my first 22awg 4wire BW cable...and to my ears ..although the molecule was huge step over the standard he500 cable, the BW supperceeded the DHC in detail, soundstage and blackness of sound..treble was more open also..the molecule sounded darker..bass was around the same..all in all it made me decide to sell my DHC cable...it was more expensive also! I sold my almost 2years old secondhand molecule cable for almost same price as the BW 4wire i bought new! But u just have to try both..i never heard a complement cable..but they are expensive..would love to try one to compare to my 8wire BW on my new rig who will show every flaws on any component it will be connected to.. :D

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #5,880 of 10,312
Here's my unboxing of the Black Widow for the HiFiMAN HE Series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back