Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 26, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #5,821 of 10,312
Hi Guys,

Having recently received my set of Silver Widows with Carbon Fibre Furutech plugs I have written a review with my opinion of the sound compared with my existing copper cable and the Audeze stock cable. As it's specifically LCD-3 and involves another manufacturers cable I have started a separate thread which you will find here if you fancy reading it.

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #5,824 of 10,312
Hi Guys,

Having recently received my set of Silver Widows with Carbon Fibre Furutech plugs I have written a review with my opinion of the sound compared with my existing copper cable and the Audeze stock cable. As it's specifically LCD-3 and involves another manufacturers cable I have started a separate thread which you will find here if you fancy reading it.

did the bass improve?

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #5,825 of 10,312
did the bass improve?

Depends on whether you mean quality or quantity, I never had an issue with quantity with the copper cable but then I'm not a bass junkie, the SW could be considered to be bass light by some but my feeling is that it is tighter and better controlled removing mid range bloom but present where it should be as per the recording and with sufficient weight and speed to keep me happy.

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #5,829 of 10,312
Found it :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702117/audeze-lcd-3-newcomer-the-toxic-silver-widow-cable-takes-on-the-incumbent-king-the-qaudio-cable-and-the-audeze-stock-cable

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #5,831 of 10,312
Depends on whether you mean quality or quantity, I never had an issue with quantity with the copper cable but then I'm not a bass junkie, the SW could be considered to be bass light by some but my feeling is that it is tighter and better controlled removing mid range bloom but present where it should be as per the recording and with sufficient weight and speed to keep me happy.

Thanks for the impressions.
Im torn between the SP and SW for my iem.
The SW is supposedly performs better in the bass department in terms of both quality & quantity.
Hope to gather more opinions.

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #5,832 of 10,312
Thanks for the impressions.
Im torn between the SP and SW for my iem.
The SW is supposedly performs better in the bass department in terms of both quality & quantity.
Hope to gather more opinions.

Curious that ! I have both cables and tried them on the LCD 3. To me, the SP performs better in the low end. The SW delivers the bass excellently when needed no doubt but to me it seems more shifted forward in comparison.

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #5,833 of 10,312
  Curious that ! I have both cables and tried them on the LCD 3. To me, the SP performs better in the low end. The SW delivers the bass excellently when needed no doubt but to me it seems more shifted forward in comparison.

impressions i wanted to hear.  SP vs SW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back