Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #5,746 of 10,312
  I'm waiting to pay for a silver poison 
biggrin.gif

Still going through messages in order received, you will get a reply soon. Sorry for the wait.

Paulo, you have a beautiful daughter mate, you must be proud.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #5,747 of 10,312
Still going through messages in order received, you will get a reply soon. Sorry for the wait.

Paulo, you have a beautiful daughter mate, you must be proud.

Thanks Frank! Yep She has that from her dad..or was it from her mums?..oops..hehehehe But she is a handful already, strongheaded and smart..a real latin tornado..just like mums :p poor guys here in the netherlands :D and yes..am very proud!

On another note..dude...did i read it well? u again worked an allnighter? And woke up in the next evening? Ur not neglecting ur family right? If u do u will get it from me.. :wink:

Gaby (my princess) loves classy and expensive (looking) stuff...but still it came to a big surprise she wanted to make a pic for her facebook with the code-x...i couldnt imagine she loved the combo of ur classy black cable with the code-x in deep matt black wood so much...and i have to agree..it does look very sexy together..very distinguished..

pity i still dont have my amp..but i understand (according to the builder) that amp will make my jaw fall on the floor..in sound and esthetics..just like ur cable did when i saw it and heared it and when i saw the code-x when i received it a couple of days ago... I take my hat off for the builders of every component in my new rig..ur masters in ur own right...!! And for anyone doubting..get a toxic cable..it wont break ur bank (alltough u can make it as expensive as u want..lolz) , quality is top and they all sound good! :p

PS.AND FRANK...I HOPE U LIKED THE PIC ON WHICH UR CABLE IS CONNECTED TO THE CODE-X..i love that pic! My wife took that one!

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #5,748 of 10,312
 I'm waiting to pay  for an amazing Silver Poison

gs1000.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #5,749 of 10,312
Yet another order made, this time im going to recable some grado's :)

That will be my 2 main pairs of cans recabled with the super flexible copper Frank is selling currently.

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #5,750 of 10,312
Hey Lads,

I have run in to a small delay with IEM cable order, i don't think i wll be able to ship them by the end of the month and will be between the 5-7th Feb.

Reason for the delay is that one of the blade on my high precision cable stripper has broke, pictures below so you can see it's not just an excuse.  The supplier i got the replacemts from showed in stock, but i received an email to say that there is a wait on them, but i will 100% get them within 10 days, this was on Friday.

For a stripper that that has a £190 price tag on spare blades you need tweezers to pick up, not many people use them, so they don't hold actual stock of it.

I could use a cheaper stripper to do the work, but the problem you have with those is, they are cheaper for a reason, and when stripping something like the Widow, with very fine strands, they will also aways cut off many of the strands.

We have finished all the Piccolino cables, as i have a different stripper for those, but i don't want to mess with the setting on that, as it look me a long time and a lot of wastage to get perfect.

I will include a free IBasso short OTG cable with every order, if you don't have use for it yourself, you can sell it or give it to a friend.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #5,751 of 10,312
Hope that it will get fix soon frank :).

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5,753 of 10,312
Cheers for the update Frank

I think he will benonly brand who gives this kind of info about his business...no one else would say or open up about this..thanks frank.

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #5,754 of 10,312
I think he will benonly brand who gives this kind of info about his business...no one else would say or open up about this..thanks frank.

Not to mention including a consolation gift  
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #5,755 of 10,312
  Thanks AManAnd88Keys. My Headroom Blockhead has crossfeed (as well as gain, brightness filters and phase switches. The T+A DAC8 has a phase switch and four filters that offer different sounds). Indeed I also have a Meier Corda amp with this.

I can here instruments and voices in different places. One track for example has twin lead vocals (Matthews Southern Comfort - Sylvie from the album Later That Same Year). The first appears on the left but slightly in and the second the equivalent on the right. This is exactly the same as on my speakers, mid left and mid right. Indeed this is how I decided what was left and right on the XLR plugs. I do get instrument and voice separation where the recording has it, both left and right and to a lesser extent, back and front.

What I find problematic is reviewers saying they got a wide deep soundstage on a headphone. It can never be wider then your head, apart perhaps from phase issues. Perhaps what they really mean is separation.

I am sorry, but I completely disagree with you on that. But we should not carry on with this discussion here, as this is not the right thread for it.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #5,756 of 10,312
I am sorry, but I completely disagree with you on that. But we should not carry on with this discussion here, as this is not the right thread for it.

Another famous can of worms :beerchug:

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #5,757 of 10,312
how different is the Piccolino from the Silver Widow? the SW is the most famous one around here, as far as i see, yet i rarely see the "Piccolino" around here, tell me people :p might go and buy it now XD  yet i heard the SW suit the Unique Melody line even more, like the Mentor/Miracle.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #5,759 of 10,312
  The Piccolino wire is not from Toxic Cables. It is silver and gold as well, but it has a silver core with a layer of gold around I think, which makes it really expensive. 

The Piccolino is made similar to the Poison and Widow, it does not have a gold layer.  The Piccolino uses silver/gold for the signal wire, while the return is only silver, it is also not OCC, but i do have it Cryo treated.

Piccolino is not a cheap wire to buy and the margins for me is very low. When you work with this wire, you can understand why it's so expensive, just by the way the wire is made. There is only one other company authorised to sell it.

I believe Staal might have posted some thoughts, he has the Poison, Widow and Piccolino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back