Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 19, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #9,976 of 10,312
Frank, wish you and your family all the best.

Jul 1, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #9,978 of 10,312
In the market for a new cable for my Noble k10u. Did a bunch of reading in this forum. I recently bought a copper litz headphone lounge cable but it's not for me. I don't like how warm it made everything but I'd be afraid that a pure silver cable would make the music too bright, but I also do love my bass. So I was eyeballing the Virus 24 occ so ce it's both silver and copper thought maybe it would keep a similar sound signature to the stock cable. But after reading on here seems a lot of people with K10 went with he silver widow 22 or 24. What's the big difference between the two sound wise other than the Guage of the wires? I also saw the hydra 18 mentioned. And which of these cables would also be the strongest since I bring my headphones to work and work out with? And help for a new comer would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #9,979 of 10,312
In the market for a new cable for my Noble k10u. Did a bunch of reading in this forum. I recently bought a copper litz headphone lounge cable but it's not for me. I don't like how warm it made everything but I'd be afraid that a pure silver cable would make the music too bright, but I also do love my bass. So I was eyeballing the Virus 24 occ so ce it's both silver and copper thought maybe it would keep a similar sound signature to the stock cable. But after reading on here seems a lot of people with K10 went with he silver widow 22 or 24. What's the big difference between the two sound wise other than the Guage of the wires? I also saw the hydra 18 mentioned. And which of these cables would also be the strongest since I bring my headphones to work and work out with? And help for a new comer would be much appreciated.

Hi, the one of my wonders. But one point I don't understand is why after having bought ONE COPPER litz cable (which one) you consider that ALL are not for you. If I buy a cartridge with copper coils and don't like it, will I have to buy one with silver coils ? That's why buying a cable from someone who do not accept returns is a no way for me. Add to that that one don't know the cable purity, that they are very modest : "Toxic Cables has been leading the way in new design and innovation in headphone cables since it was founded in 2011." (if there are leading the way in new design, why aren't they manyfactures adding gold to their cable??? Which brand followed their ways), that it takes a long time to get the cable made (why ?), that they didn't answer my mails and that I'm very cautious about reviews which some of them might be friendly.

So try silver, copper, SCC from brands accepting returns untill you find the right cable for you or you might find you with a bunch of cheap cables for which you'll have paid more than for a high-end cable. Try also cables from brand who sell adapters : those are no cheap but you have one cable for many headphones.

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #9,980 of 10,312
For those who missed Frank's update , here's what he posted on facebook

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 8.24.27 PM.png

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #9,982 of 10,312
I was wondering who received the cable lately and when was the order placed?

Jul 2, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #9,983 of 10,312
For those who missed Frank's update , here's what he posted on facebook

and here is info about new lead times. From Toxic Cables webpage.

I feel very sorry for his father being who was in the most infamous, most dangerous and least sterile hospital room I've ever known.

That might explained why my messages were not answered (even if I don't think the is only one person working for Toxic Cables).

Anyway, 3 years ago, Toxic cables took about 8 weeks for a cable.

Even without this dramatic situation the problems remain unresolved.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #9,984 of 10,312
the reason i asked is that i want to estimate my order availability from anyone of you lately received + 4 to 6 months per the latest notice.
my orders were placed mid apr for my wife's birthday in late aug, of course i would understand that a lot of you haven't received.
just simply want to have some idea, no intention to push.
no offense. family first.

i bought other cable before my toxic arrive

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #9,986 of 10,312
the reason i asked is that i want to estimate my order availability from anyone of you lately received + 4 to 6 months per the latest notice.
my orders were placed mid apr for my wife's birthday in late aug, of course i would understand that a lot of you haven't received.
just simply want to have some idea, no intention to push.
no offense. family first.

i bought other cable before my toxic arrive

I placed my order in early March and should be due in early June, as during that time, orders should take 12 weeks to complete and dispatch
Haven't heard any news about my cable though

Jul 8, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #9,987 of 10,312
I placed my order in early March and should be due in early June, as during that time, orders should take 12 weeks to complete and dispatch
Haven't heard any news about my cable though
thanks for the info. at least i know where we are about.

@Toxic Cables take care frank, take your time.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #9,988 of 10,312
Hi, everyone!

I search nice cable for matching Sony 1Z with U18 Tzar. After a lot of time searching I decided to stop on Toxic cables (Medusa and Gold Widow). So may be somebody know and help me with choice: does Medusa make any siblings? Are Its mids are downfront or more upfront? Does Medusa has lack of midbass? Is Medusa with eim 64audio A/U 18 good combo or Gold Widow will be better?

Best wishes

Jul 15, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #9,989 of 10,312
i will definitely suggest medusa17 if you are looking for massive detail.
if focal is more you are looking for, then gw24.

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #9,990 of 10,312
Just saw this on Toxic Cable’s Facebook page:

This is Max

Unfortunately I have some bad news as you knows Franks dad was unwell and passed away recently and on receiving the news Frank had a stroke which he did not survive.

We will all miss him greatly

Unfortunately there are a lot of pending orders which cannot be completed at this time as I will be away now till early next year when Toxic Cables will continue business as I did make most of the cables myself so you can expect the same quality.

In the meantime as we are unable to access paypal to refund everyone can you please open as case to get your money back if you have not received your order and paypal will refund you as orders not shipped did not have tracking added to paypal.

Everyone's funds will be still in the account as I know Frank only removed funds for cables that were completed.

If you have any questions please message here and I will reply at earliest convenience.

I don't have password to email currently so don't email.

Thank you

https://www.facebook.com/171820399625727/posts/1129227123885045/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back