Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #886 of 10,312
It's hard, nothing is ever impossible.

I can't comment on other manufacturers cables, but you can read through this thread and see what others have to say about my cables, or ask questions that someone else might be able to answer, on the cable you are interested in.

The stranded 24AWG copper cable i currently sell, is the best of the best. it's OCC Cryo treated 7N stranded copper.

When i have budget again i want the best cable u can offer.it will be end of this year though..as i am broke now because of buying the 337 and the he500 this month.. :wink: .The venom is it named right?..but then for my he500..soo..as a challenge u couldnt make a 18 awg (silver retangular?) cable?...just to proof that it can be done to everyone who tried and failed? :D ...i have a budget of around 400 for that one of a kind cable in a 4 ft lenght :wink:. But is the 18 awg a big step upwards to the 24 awg venom?.
Ps..i think i unconsciously advertised ur cables on almost all the other threads i am active on..oopsie.good thing i am not active on other cable threads as that would be dangerous :wink: u, mr. frank brainwashed me..its scary how u influence people with ur ways of keeping headfi loons happy..:D and i dont even have a cable of u yet..but trust me..i will order one soon..if ur willing to make that one of a kind cable though....i will make everyone jealous with envy..and show and advertise it everywhere..hahaha :wink: but first i need cold hard cash..:mad:

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #887 of 10,312
Quote:
When i have budget again i want the best cable u can offer.it will be end of this year though..as i am broke now because of buying the 337 and the he500 this month..
wink.gif
.The venom is it named right?..but then for my he500..soo..as a challenge u couldnt make a 18 awg (silver retangular?) cable?...just to proof that it can be done to everyone who tried and failed?
biggrin.gif
...i have a budget of around 400 for that one of a kind cable in a 4 ft lenght
wink.gif
. But is the 18 awg a big step upwards to the 24 awg venom?.
Ps..i think i unconsciously advertised ur cables on almost all the other threads i am active on..oopsie.good thing i am not active on other cable threads as that would be dangerous
wink.gif
u, mr. frank brainwashed me..its scary how u influence people with ur ways of keeping headfi loons happy..
biggrin.gif
and i dont even have a cable of u yet..but trust me..i will order one soon..if ur willing to make that one of a kind cable though....i will make everyone jealous with envy..and show and advertise it everywhere..hahaha
wink.gif
but first i need cold hard cash..
mad.gif

Free advertising, who can say no. 
biggrin.gif

18AWG is considerably larger then the  24, although the cable is extremely flexible for it's size.

When you are ready let me know and i will give it a go, if i can't make it, which i doubt, i will just keep your money for trying. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #888 of 10,312
Quote:
What did i tell you, it's always better to buy a cable before your system, then you can build the system around the cable. You should even buy my cables, before the headphones. 
biggrin.gif

You could even buy the cables, even if you don't plan to get the headphones, they have a thousand other uses.

The cable i spoke of in the earlier post, is my standard OCC stranded copper cable, very different from the OCC Litz Copper "Black Widow" which you purchased.

I don't care if it is a different cable, I just wanted to brag about my new order
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #889 of 10,312
Quote:
You could even buy the cables, even if you don't plan to get the headphones, they have a thousand other uses.

Why not start a new series called "1000 ways to use a Toxic Cable"
biggrin.gif
and then show pictures of people trying to build a swing with a pair of Venoms or a fishing net with your Silver Poison, because the glittery look would attract fish.

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #891 of 10,312
Quote:
biggrin.gif
 The 8 wire Widow, deserves to be bragged about, it's the first 8 wire version of this cable i have sold.

I didn't know that it's the first! Have to admit it somehow makes me proud to have placed that order :D It HAS to be great, it's 8 wire OCC Litz copper madness!

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #892 of 10,312
Quote:
I didn't know that it's the first! Have to admit it somehow makes me proud to have placed that order :D It HAS to be great, it's 8 wire OCC Litz copper madness!

First "cable" i have sold, but i do have an order to hard wire a pair of PS1000's currently, with an 8 wire Widow. Will post a picture when done, will give you an idea of how it will look.

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #893 of 10,312
Quote:
First "cable" i have sold, but i do have an order to hard wire a pair of PS1000's currently, with an 8 wire Widow. Will post a picture when done, will give you an idea of how it will look.

That'd be great.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #894 of 10,312
biggrin.gif
 The 8 wire Widow, deserves to be bragged about, it's the first 8 wire version of this cable i have sold.

Frank, are all black widow cables the 8-wire version or is this a special order?

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #896 of 10,312
Quote:
8 wire is special order, they come as standard with 4 wires.

You want to upgrade to 8 wire then. 
biggrin.gif

I just might. You just need to convince me to take the plunge 
wink.gif

What are the benefits of the 8 wire over the 4 wire Widow? Would there be a noticeable difference in increased resolution and transparency? 

Would the 8 wire Widow be 8 x 420 = 3360 individually isolated OCC copper strands? 

How does the 8 wire Widow compare with the 18 AWG copper venoms for the HD800?

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #897 of 10,312
Quote:

I just might. You just need to convince me to take the plunge 
wink.gif

What are the benefits of the 8 wire over the 4 wire Widow? Would there be a noticeable difference in increased resolution and transparency? 

Would the 8 wire Widow be 8 x 420 = 3360 individually isolated OCC copper strands? 

How does the 8 wire Widow compare with the 18 AWG copper venoms for the HD800?

420 strands is within a 4 wire cable, not each wire.

I do not offer an 18AWG Copper Venom, i offer a 22AWG version, and it is certainly the best cable i have heard with the HD800, and i use one for my own pair.

I have never heard an 8 wire version myself, so i could not tell you. I sell 4 wire cables, i make 8 wire versions for those who request it. I have not sold many 8 wire versions of the Widow, the cable has only been out for a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back