Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 8, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #8,026 of 10,312
Dude are you kidding me, that sounds like the greatest cable ever. And 8 wire too.. I'm guessing you could have bought a decent iem from what that cost 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #8,027 of 10,312
Last week I've received my Silver Widow iem cable (new style) and I must say that I'm really impressed with the sound & build quality of it (thanks Frank!)...tried it with 1plus2, Rti1 and V6 Stage on different daps.

Till now I've found it has best synergy with the 1plus2: great soundstage, depth...excellent mids & lows...only treble & details could do slightly better imo (but maybe that's also due to the soundsignature of the 1p2 itself). But hey, I've only used it for 30hrs or so till now, while burn-in time is around 100hrs right?

Conclusion: SW is by far my favourite iem cable (already) at the moment!!!

And I'm watching him thinking:

“Hmmmm, could there be a possible Toxic upgrade (over the Silver Dragon) for my LCD2 in the near future?'' :wink:

Cheers to ya all & enjoy the music!

:beerchug:
do you have the silver/gold from tralucent?are these better than silver/gold?

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #8,028 of 10,312
do you have the silver/gold from tralucent?are these better than silver/gold?

Nope, I've been on the fence for the Tralucent s/g cable when I just bought my 1p2. But then I read some posts in the 1p2 thread that it's quite thick / heavy and because of that nuts came loose, so that scared me off
eek.gif

1p2 + SW just sounds awesome, so I'm not that curious about the Tralucent s/g anymore...

@ flinkenick: glad to read your impressions on your SW cable over here and that they took your iems to an even higher level
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #8,029 of 10,312
+1 to 1plus2 with the SW.  It sounds great paired with my DAPS like the DX90/50.  I'll be going to Frank soon for the new SW for the 1plus2 balanced for my upcoming AK120II.  We all gotta save funds heh especially with so many hobbies.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #8,030 of 10,312
Nope, I've been on the fence for the Tralucent silver/gold cable when I just bought my 1p2. But then I read some posts in the Tralucent thread about nuts that came loose from the connectors and that scared me off :eek:

1p2 + SW just sounds awesome, so I'm not that curious about the Tralucent gold/silver anymore...

@ flinkenick: glad to read your impressions on your SW cable over here and that they took your iems to an even higher level :D
i have the silver/gold from tralucent but I didn't have any experience on it comming loose.my only problem with it is i find it too stiff.

+1 to 1plus2 with the SW.  It sounds great paired with my DAPS like the DX90/50.  I'll be going to Frank soon for the new SW for the 1plus2 balanced for my upcoming AK120II.  We all gotta save funds heh especially with so many hobbies.
Which one is the new SW the 22AWG?i dont have a wallet anymore cos of these hobby only a coin purse.:)

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #8,031 of 10,312
i have the silver/gold from tralucent but I didn't have any experience on it comming loose.my only problem with it is i find it too stiff.

i had that cable used with my UM Mentor and Miracle, it was very loose i even had one CIEM fall to the ground once,,, its a very scary cable and bad for people with paranoia :<  

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #8,032 of 10,312
Which one is the new SW the 22AWG?i dont have a wallet anymore cos of these hobby only a coin purse.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's exactly the cable I mean.  I'm in the process of switching all my regular SW to the 22 gauge with Frank for all my headphones and am also changing 2 of my earphone SW's to the 22 gauge (only for my fitear stuff and 1plus2).  Can't wait!

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #8,034 of 10,312
I have the dhc fussion cable i find that it didnt synergize well on 1plus2.I might try the SW in the future.

Really? I was intending on using a dhc fusion (from the classifieds) on my V6S.
My SW stays on my 1p2 anyway, so that's no problem. But what about dhc fusions synergy with other iems?

And yes, for your 1p2 you should get yourself a SW, it's a perfect match! Very curious what the 22AWG can do extra...
Btw, I would prefer to buy another Toxic cable for my VS6, but I just can't get myself to using that stock V6S cable for (almost) 8 weeks
redface.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #8,035 of 10,312
So your'e curious about what The 22AWG can do Extra.....Im not sure for IEM's but a certain Hifirookieman is singing its praises. He Should know cos he has bought some very high quality cables from Frank in the past.
You do also realise that cable will be quite thick for an IEM, but in saying that, Many have paired 1p2 with the Uber, which in itself is very thick awkward looking cable... You can always pm Frank & get his take on this also.

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #8,038 of 10,312
Really? I was intending on using a dhc fusion (from the classifieds) on my V6S.
My SW stays on my 1p2 anyway, so that's no problem. But what about dhc fusions synergy with other iems?

And yes, for your 1p2 you should get yourself a SW, it's a perfect match! Very curious what the 22AWG can do extra...
Btw, I would prefer to buy another Toxic cable for my VS6, but I just can't get myself to using that stock V6S cable for (almost) 8 weeks :xf_eek:  
i haven't try the fussion on other iem,maybe it's only me that didn't like the synergy of 1plus2/fussion i prefer the improvment the stock silver gold bring..soon il try that SW i wish its like the uber without the stiffness.:wink:

So your'e curious about what The 22AWG can do Extra.....Im not sure for IEM's but a certain Hifirookieman is singing its praises. He Should know cos he has bought some very high quality cables from Frank in the past.
You do also realise that cable will be quite thick for an IEM, but in saying that, Many have paired 1p2 with the Uber, which in itself is very thick awkward looking cable... You can always pm Frank & get his take on this also.
i have an uber v2 for my 1plus2 and i agree that is pain i the a** to use it for portable.

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #8,040 of 10,312
Yep..as maguire said..am totally stunned in how good the sw22 4wire (i have one on loan) sounds in MY rig and MY headphone..i even sold franks TOTL copper cable (the Copper Venom RC8) to order myself a unique 8wire version of the sw22. (SW22 RC8?)

Oh yeah..frankie...am curious when my cable is ready :wink: i sent u pm about that.

Update..will be sent off middle next week..yeah..cant wait :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back