Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 24, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #6,556 of 10,312
Carbon fibre it is.

Black Carbon or Silver Carbon?

I think the standard black looks best and will match all the cables, the silver might not look as good with the cables with black sleeving.

Black carbon fibre for sure!!!!!!!!!!..and how about hifiman connectors? One that takes thicker cables? Is that an idea? Could that be possible? Or at least a limited version? :wink:
It for sure would make ur job easier to be able to put 18awg 8wire in it :p
And i am probably pushing it..BUT..could u also implement some kind of angle in them? As that would be perfect! :p

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #6,557 of 10,312
Still on it Rookie?
I guess you will not quit until Frank makes you an 8-wire cable? :D

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #6,558 of 10,312
Black carbon fibre for sure!!!!!!!!!!..and how about hifiman connectors? One that takes thicker cables? Is that an idea? Could that be possible? Or at least a limited version?
wink.gif

It for sure would make ur job easier to be able to put 18awg 8wire in it
tongue.gif

And i am probably pushing it..BUT..could u also implement some limd of angle in them? As that would be perfect!
tongue.gif

Haha, nope. No connectors for the HE.

I can do HE cables with 18AWG wires, but 4 sleeved rectangular copper wires is a different story. Saw what, count yourself in for an 8 wire, i will make it somehow. Will email when i get a chance with price difference.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #6,560 of 10,312
I feel totally innocent!!!!! :D
But OMG..did u say 4 sleeved retangular 18awg wires for a he phone? That will be the godzilla of all cables for a hifiman headphone then :D

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #6,561 of 10,312
Black Carbon for copper cables, Silver for silver ones :)
And engraved :p

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #6,562 of 10,312
OK, been speaking to the manufacturer and with engraved the shell materials would show on the plugs which might not look nice over time.

So might need to go for printing unless i can find an alternative to this. If printing should i go for silver or black. the silver will not stand out much and i think will look nice with silver logo over the silver barrel, then black would also match the carbon.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #6,563 of 10,312
OK, been speaking to the manufacturer and with engraved the shell materials would show on the plugs which might not look nice over time.

So might need to go for printing unless i can find an alternative to this. If printing should i go for silver or black. the silver will not stand out much and i think will look nice with silver logo over the silver barrel, then black would also match the carbon.

What kind or connectors are we talking about? 1/4 single ended, 1/8 single ended, XLR 4 pins or dual XLR 3 pins???? Or all of the above? :confused:

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #6,565 of 10,312
Ah found it..missed that post somehow..big oopsie! :wink:
so at first its only single ended 6,3mm and 3,5mm right?
Damn..not interesting for me :D

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #6,566 of 10,312
About the new connectors/plugs/jacks. I'd go for the most compact design in black with the 3.5mm as they are mostly used on small devices and are mostly too big. For 6.3mm I'd also prefer black or black with carbon. Black is always stylish and it fits with any other color.
I'm still waiting for a black anodized TC y-splitter. 
wink.gif

PS Frank, I sent you the order yesterday with a follow up and some questions.

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #6,567 of 10,312
So, I have a beautiful unsleeved Silver Poison cable, with a 6.35mm Viablue connector for my HE-6. However, since I'm probably going to upgrade to an amp that won't provide enough power for them out of SE (right now my he-6 is going way underpowrered...), I want to replace the connector with a 4-pin XLR. About how hard would this be to pull off? I'm thinking it shouldn't be too problematic. And what connector should I be using?

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #6,569 of 10,312

A Gold print might be quite classy looking, otherwise grey might strike a middle ground.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #6,570 of 10,312
Hi Frank,

I'm enquiring about one of the Audio-GD units via PM. Cheers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back