Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #6,544 of 10,312
  Lin I think Frank mentioned prices of cables will remain the same? Frank please correct me if i'm wrong..

Yep, remain the same.

Other then the 1/4" by Furutech, the rest that are available in my opinion look cr@p, some are using barrels from other plugs and putting it in 1/4" jacks.

There is only so much you can do with a jack, it needs to serve it's purpose and looks nice. So i can't see what else there really could be, although i would love to hear idea's.

I can get the made with some nice wood, so i can have wood instead of the carbon, but again i don't think this will go will with all cables/headphones.

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #6,547 of 10,312
Personally I am not a fan of wood, but I'm not sure about others. 

Frank, what's your opinion on how durable each plug is? 

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #6,548 of 10,312
  Crap, that's almost $100 AUD for a plug 
eek.gif

A cheaper priced carbon fibre plug would be more than welcome. I think the acrolink ones look rather nice, but they are a little fat. I would prefer something Oyaide or Viablue sized.

The 3.5mm Carbon jacks will need to be slightly thicker, if it's too think, it won't leave much room on the inside, as the carbon needs to be thick, if too thin it can break during manufacturing of the jack. This is why all the 3.5mm Carbon jacks are slightly thicker. Mine would be similar thickness to the fake Acrolink.

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #6,549 of 10,312
  Personally I am not a fan of wood, but I'm not sure about others. 

Frank, what's your opinion on how durable each plug is? 

Durable?

I don't have the plugs yet, but they will be a solid build, i won't put my brand on cr@p.

Just wanted to get some feedback from my customers, it's you guys who with be buying the cables that are using them.

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #6,551 of 10,312
  Durable?

I don't have the plugs yet, but they will be a solid build, i won't put my brand on cr@p.

Just wanted to get some feedback from my customers, it's you guys who with be buying the cables using them.

Sorry if that seemed aggressive, was definitely not my intention. 

I was asking what you think on the differences in durability of something like a Viablue vs Oyaide?

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #6,552 of 10,312
Only problem I can foresee with the slightly thicker sizing is those darn recessed sockets they give you when getting phone cases... I bought a cheap adapter cable from Amazon to counter this...
Any chance you can make a 3.5 female to 3.5 male adapter plug in the same material?

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #6,553 of 10,312
  Sorry if that seemed aggressive, was definitely not my intention. 

I was asking what you think on the differences in durability of something like a Viablue vs Oyaide?

Not at all.

Both are great plugs and the two plugs i use as standard in all my cables, i have never had any issues regarding the durability of the connectors on any of the cables i have ever sold.

For some i prefer using the Viablue, on the thicker cables i like the Oyaide as it has a more efficient strain relief. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #6,554 of 10,312
  Only problem I can foresee with the slightly thicker sizing is those darn recessed sockets they give you when getting phone cases... I bought a cheap adapter cable from Amazon to counter this...
Any chance you can make a 3.5 female to 3.5 male adapter plug in the same material?

The 3.5mm jacks will work with most cases, it will be similar in desigh to the Oyaide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back