Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 12, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #4,996 of 10,312
Specifically relating to Toxic Cables, Silver does not mean brighter.

Frank's small % of gold tames to brightness and sibilance that silver cables get knocked for. Compared to the stock cables, there is a more solid and controlled bass response. Mid's and high's are sharper. With the HD800's this is a good thing since the soundstage is so spacious. A bit more focus can be a good thing.

Hey kittycat!
Did u had the chance to compare a bw with a he500 compared to the sw?

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #4,998 of 10,312

Frank's small % of gold tames to brightness and sibilance that silver cables get knocked for. Compared to the stock cables, there is a more solid and controlled bass response. Mid's and high's are sharper. With the HD800's this is a good thing since the soundstage is so spacious. A bit more focus can be a good thing.

me gusta, I like my Silver Hybrid HE  Cable, I DID notice more treble with the silver but... it was controled and a little smoother. not to mention the bass was a little better textured and deeper. The mids how ever didn't change to much, but the HE 400 has linear mids so go figure [that and who listens to MIDS in edm pfff ] 

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #4,999 of 10,312
  me gusta, I like my Silver Hybrid HE  Cable, I DID notice more treble with the silver but... it was controled and a little smoother. not to mention the bass was a little better textured and deeper. The mids how ever didn't change to much, but the HE 400 has linear mids so go figure [that and who listens to MIDS in edm pfff ] 

Silver is normally associated with more treble but not really on Frank's cables. 
The bass on Frank's SP is much more impactful than the stock cable. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #5,000 of 10,312

Totally agree with this. 
EDIT: Just realised that this is the 5000th post! 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Good to see this thread moving along so well. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #5,001 of 10,312

Hey kittycat!
Did u had the chance to compare a bw with a he500 compared to the sw?

I have not auditioned a BW yet. All silver all the time around here...
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #5,002 of 10,312
  Silver is normally associated with more treble but not really on Frank's cables. 
The bass on Frank's SP is much more impactful than the stock cable. 

Still treble and bass where the first improvements on noted on my HE 400, the treble was not brighter... but it was... it stood out more in a positive way. Better air and a little more extention. It was an improvement! 

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #5,003 of 10,312
  Still treble and bass where the first improvements on noted on my HE 400, the treble was not brighter... but it was... it stood out more in a positive way. Better air and a little more extention. It was an improvement! 

Yeah, the treble doesn't become harsher, just more detailed and sharper. Frank really has turned me into a cable believer. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #5,004 of 10,312
  Yeah, the treble doesn't become harsher, just more detailed and sharper. Frank really has turned me into a cable believer. 

exactly, thankfully Im half blind, cant' smell much of anything and can taste much either so GUESS WHAT I can hear and feel pretty well... seems my body figured out the other 3 sense are pretty much shot, so it's time to start lettin em die xD [my vision has stablized for the moment] 

Oct 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #5,005 of 10,312

EDIT: Just realised that this is the 5000th post! 
smily_headphones1.gif

As your profile shows only IEM's, the latest IEM cable is the BW, let me know what termination you want 
ksc75smile.gif

On the 6000th post and any further thousandths post, i will pick a post at random from the last 1000, rather then the person that posts that particular post.

Oct 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #5,008 of 10,312
Congrats!  

beerchug.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #5,009 of 10,312
Justin case people think a BW sounds dark... I can tell u with the he500 it gives the perfect balance between highs and lows.... For a hd650 or any other darker sounding can (audeze) a SW would maybe be better... As the SW must for sure be brighter then the BW (copper) ..in my case i have doubts if the SW would give my he500 a better balance in soundsignature then my 22AWG BW..i have a few friends and my wife (as U know i cant visit live concerts as my ears are to sensitive so i dont have first hand experience) who tend to regulary visit lots of live concerts of their likings..and most of them are stunned how 'real' and genuine the voices of the same artists sound on my he500 (live lossless recordings ofcourse!).. So am guessing a SW would be a bit to much in my rig..but as i said..i still have to compare a SW (25,5AWG) or VIRUS (BW+SW 26AWG?) to my BW...maybe one day :xf_eek:

FOR THE RECORD..i am talking about the BW of frank... Before this cable (is my second BW) i had three other copper cables of premium brands..and they did sound very dark and very bassy... This is first copper cable i ever heard which doesnt really sound like a copper cable...as its not darksounding at all!

FRANK??U DIDNT PUT SOME SILVER IN THE BW RIGHT???? Like u put gold into ur SW making it sound warmer? And less cold????

And another thing..compared to the SW,VIRUS,HYBRID ..the standard 4wire 22AWG version is much much much cheaper if u get the clear sleeved version...lolz.

So frank..prove me wrong (that 8wire bw is not best for he500) and let me try a SW or the VIRUS to see if they actually are better choice for my he500... In december i will be having an amp that will be ruthless for anything that isnt sounding right and will show any difference in source or any part of my system when changing some..so it would be the perfect test bench..and u know me..i am very honest in what i hear..no pink clouds Over my words.. Just the painful truth..TO MY EARS OFCOURSE :D

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #5,010 of 10,312
Justin case people think a BW sounds dark... I can tell u with the he500 it gives the perfect balance between highs and lows.... For a hd650 or any other darker sounding can (audeze) a SW would maybe be better... As the SW must for sure be brighter then the BW (copper) ..in my case i have doubts if the SW would give my he500 a better balance in soundsignature then my 22AWG BW..i have a few friends and my wife (as U know i cant visit live concerts as my ears are to sensitive so i dont have first hand experience) who tend to regulary visit lots of live concerts of their likings..and most of them are stunned how 'real' and genuine the voices of the same artists sound on my he500 (live lossless recordings ofcourse!).. So am guessing a SW would be a bit to much in my rig..but as i said..i still have to compare a SW (25,5AWG) or VIRUS (BW+SW 26AWG?) to my BW...maybe one day
redface.gif

FOR THE RECORD..i am talking about the BW of frank... Before this cable (is my second BW) i had three other copper cables of premium brands..and they did sound very dark and very bassy... This is first copper cable i ever heard which doesnt really sound like a copper cable...as its not darksounding at all!

FRANK??U DIDNT PUT SOME SILVER IN THE BW RIGHT???? Like u put gold into ur SW making it sound warmer? And less cold????

Bro, no offense. Fewer dots would help reading your posts.

But you're right in what you say. The Hifiman go well with copper cables. And also Virus, but that's just gut feeling as I've not heard one on the Hifiman. I would never use copper on the Audeze, unless the downstream system is out of whack in relation to reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back