Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 11, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #4,982 of 10,312
not too fond of the new cables, either a cable should be white or balck for me. Not a big fan of the sleeve :D

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #4,984 of 10,312
  I just Loves em Noo Cables I does........Whoooahhhh....Jumping Frank Flash He's a  Toxic Gas Gas Gas

I like SLeeves... I have a habbit to destory cables... as they some how manage to find their way under things... like my foot or my rolling chair. SO any protedtion that can be added is well worth it! 

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #4,985 of 10,312
+1. I also prefer naked cable without sleeve which is lighter and easier to handle
wink.gif

Naked cables can still be ordered as before.
  not too fond of the new cables, either a cable should be white or balck for me. Not a big fan of the sleeve :D

The cables can be ordered with black sleeve as before, nothing has changed there.

These are just another option i had made, you can never have too many cables 
biggrin.gif

With the new shielding and dampening, it might just be in my head, but i feel i can hear a slight improvement. I will make up some demo units and send them to those that already own the naked Poison/Viper for their thoughts.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #4,986 of 10,312
Really like the look of your new cables.  I own a naked 6 ft viper cable for my HD600, and really like the flexibility!  I think the sleeves add a little extra stress to the phone connection if they are sleeved all the way past the Y, but running it to the Y is a good look.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #4,987 of 10,312
  Really like the look of your new cables.  I own a naked 6 ft viper cable for my HD600, and really like the flexibility!  I think the sleeves add a little extra stress to the phone connection if they are sleeved all the way past the Y, but running it to the Y is a good look.

Indeed, it's the perfect balance of Naked and Clothed, my Y never get's caught on anything, but every other INCH of the darn thing get's run over weekly >.> 

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #4,989 of 10,312
Anybody ither than Maguire compared the siler poison and silver widow?

Yep...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/641166/toxic-cables-silver-widow-headphone-cable-review

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #4,991 of 10,312
Nope...
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #4,992 of 10,312
Nice! Do you find that it has a bass emphasis? I always thought that diver cables were bright.
Must be the gold...

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #4,993 of 10,312
I have Silver Widows for my JH16's and my HD800's. I also have Silver Poison's for my HD650's and I am auditioning a pair of Silver Poison's for the JH16's as a review set for comparison with the Silver Widows. Previously I had Silver Widows for the HD650's so this is the second set of HP's that I have had both cables for comparison at the same time.

My comments in the review hold for the JH16's as they did with the HD650's. There is more slam with the Widows. There is more of everything. The Poison's are a clear upgrade from stock every time I have used them, but he Widows are another step up. (For more $$, so you have to decide how much you want to spend)

I have now had the opportunity to own or audition 5 different Toxic Cables and they have all been a nice and noticeable upgrade. IMO, the Widows are clearly the best. YMMV....

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #4,994 of 10,312
does the silver widow make the hd800 brighter? Might consider the cable because I felt rather ripped off with the balanced sennheiser cable

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #4,995 of 10,312
Specifically relating to Toxic Cables, Silver does not mean brighter.

Frank's small % of gold tames to brightness and sibilance that silver cables get knocked for. Compared to the stock cables, there is a more solid and controlled bass response. Mid's and high's are sharper. With the HD800's this is a good thing since the soundstage is so spacious. A bit more focus can be a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back