Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #4,906 of 10,317
welcome to the club my friend.. I TOLD U...once ur bitten..
biggrin.gif

Enjoy ur cable my brother
wink.gif

What balanced amp ur using? Burson? Woo audio? Decware? Or more exotic?
wink.gif

And on what headphone ur using the hybrid?
Can untell us short what improved winthe toxic cable in ur music experience? Be honest..if it was just a little..u can say it..this is no sales pitch..we only need honest opinions of customers on this thread..especially of initial unbelievers like u...u ex-infidel. Hehehehehe
I ask u this as i am already thinking in buying a new cable next year..maybe a 8wire hybrid..or if thats possible a 12 wire version..wow..that would show off franks skills.. Oops..am daydreamin now..well..we will see next year..when my budget is replenished again..as i am deadbroke now..this year was deadly for my poor wallet..i think i could have bought a small car of what i spend on audio this year..lolz..and if my wife knew it i would be homeless now and having a very high pitched voice..lolz..
biggrin.gif

Soooo... Elaborate about ur first impressions of ur new cable my friend..dont keep anything back... Because of Hearing the honest opinions of us frank can make even better cables..
wink.gif

Pff only a Audio GD 10ES NFB atm [planning on getting a LD MK VI+ in Jaunary actually!] My HE 400 is the balanced Headphone [and I think the Cable will outlive the headphone it self] Although I Must admit frank... I'm at a tough road here... I've got one cable and I plan on owning two hifimans at some point... oh well guess I'll just buy another cable ;3

And I NEVER said cables didn't make a differance... just didn't understand why Frank Charged as much as he does [and know I do]

Let's start with the build, that impressed me very much. I have another Balanced Cable, pure OCC Copper, and well the other cable... [unlike franks] while built well did not have the... attention to Details Frank's Did. The Braid was nice and tight, I really liked the... Heat Shirnk? Added to both ends of the cable. A very clean entry and exit into the each connector. So those little details of the Build I liked! 

As far as sound goes, most noticeably the highs where a little smoother and details where retained slighty better. Bass was tighter as well BUT I'm not sure if this is Due to Switching to the Balanced OutPut on my Amp [as going from having a potential of 3w to 6w may have tightened the bass, as I've noticed sound in general is tighter with balance outputs] Either way the biggest notice was the highs! Seeing as I am a treble head I did enjoy the additional air and smoothness they got. 

Lolz... It just annoys me this happens all the time here...if ur around this thread as i am and on a certain other thread u will see so now and then certain people try to discredit franks name..i simply dont know why..or its because they miss sales because of franks hard work and dedication that he puts in his cables.. And for prices that makes some 'high end' cable makers very nervous... But am glad u feel same way as i am... Lolz.
Ps..i edited my post a bit to make it a bit more readable..lolz...

Pff editing is for the weak [jk I edit a lot of my posts to keep my rear end in tact] well I too criticized Franks Prices [partially due to not reading the Site as carefully as I needed to] but ofc, comparing his cable to another it was evident why he charged a bit more. And they prices are not that high honestly, still the UP and DOWN of our Economey [and there for the US Exchange Rate to GPB] doesn't help him with international Sales... so honestly, it's hard to compare his prices to US based Cable Companies due to the obvious charges that are incurred with international exchanges. In other words FRANK you need a US Based Operation ;3, find some young CABLE Boy and turn him into a CABLE MAN.

Ehmm that said, the hard work and attention to detail is much appreciated Frank! Just wishing u where based in the States q.q I need to get my W1000x Recabled [as in taken apart ect... ect...] and I'd hate to have to ship it away for any longer than a month q.q

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #4,907 of 10,317
  Hey Frank,

Apologies for jumping on this thread again here... I did use the contact form on the Toxic Cables website, and I know you're very busy but I'm not sure if you would have received the message so, in a nutshell:

Could you give an idea on the lead time for a TF10 cable? I saw an update a while back and it looks like you've been clearing backlog... I'm willing to wait, just wanted to get an idea. Besides which after reading the positive feedback on this thread I'm excited about the possibility of owning a Toxic Cable!

Sorry again for OT.

Regards,

Nick.

At present i will say 6-8 weeks wait, although it should be sooner. I am just trying to stay on the safe side until i have cleared the backlog, when it comes to giving estimates. Everyone know how accurate my previous estimates have been :frowning2:

I will go through all messages tonight.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #4,908 of 10,317

At present i will say 6-8 weeks wait, although it should be sooner. I am just trying to stay on the safe side until i have cleared the backlog, when it comes to giving estimates. Everyone know how accurate my previous estimates have been :frowning2:

No problem at all Frank... I know the deal as I've read through a lot of the thread. Ultimately I'm more than willing to wait given the reputation your cables are gaining, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond, and your efforts to focus on quality cables.

I'll be placing my order imminently 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #4,909 of 10,317

Pff only a Audio GD 10ES NFB atm [planning on getting a LD MK VI+ in Jaunary actually!] My HE 400 is the balanced Headphone [and I think the Cable will outlive the headphone it self] Although I Must admit frank... I'm at a tough road here... I've got one cable and I plan on owning two hifimans at some point... oh well guess I'll just buy another cable ;3

And I NEVER said cables didn't make a differance... just didn't understand why Frank Charged as much as he does [and know I do]

Let's start with the build, that impressed me very much. I have another Balanced Cable, pure OCC Copper, and well the other cable... [unlike franks] while built well did not have the... attention to Details Frank's Did. The Braid was nice and tight, I really liked the... Heat Shirnk? Added to both ends of the cable. A very clean entry and exit into the each connector. So those little details of the Build I liked! 

As far as sound goes, most noticeably the highs where a little smoother and details where retained slighty better. Bass was tighter as well BUT I'm not sure if this is Due to Switching to the Balanced OutPut on my Amp [as going from having a potential of 3w to 6w may have tightened the bass, as I've noticed sound in general is tighter with balance outputs] Either way the biggest notice was the highs! Seeing as I am a treble head I did enjoy the additional air and smoothness they got. 

Pff editing is for the weak [jk I edit a lot of my posts to keep my rear end in tact] well I too criticized Franks Prices [partially due to not reading the Site as carefully as I needed to] but ofc, comparing his cable to another it was evident why he charged a bit more. And they prices are not that high honestly, still the UP and DOWN of our Economey [and there for the US Exchange Rate to GPB] doesn't help him with international Sales... so honestly, it's hard to compare his prices to US based Cable Companies due to the obvious charges that are incurred with international exchanges. In other words FRANK you need a US Based Operation ;3, find some young CABLE Boy and turn him into a CABLE MAN.

Ehmm that said, the hard work and attention to detail is much appreciated Frank! Just wishing u where based in the States q.q I need to get my W1000x Recabled [as in taken apart ect... ect...] and I'd hate to have to ship it away for any longer than a month q.q

Glad to hear that you are liking the cable, and thank you for your comments.

As was discussed before, you had compared the prices of my Silver cables to someone else's SPC, so obviously mine would seem expensive. When comparing like for like, i think you will find it hard to beat my prices.  All the parts are also much more expensive here in the UK, sometimes twice as much, so my profit margins are also  much lower then most.
So when you factor all that in, i think you will find the cables are a bargain.

Yes, the exchange rate has been fluctuating a lot recently, but unfortunately, i can and always will only be able to accept GBP as payment, even if i did have someone in the US selling the cables on my behalf.

I do have some dealers in a few other countries, who stock IEM cables of mine.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #4,910 of 10,317

Glad to hear that you are liking the cable, and thank you for your comments.

As was discussed before, you had compared the prices of my Silver cables to someone else's SPC, so obviously mine would seems expensive. When comparing like for like, i think you will find it hard to beat my prices, when you also consider the build quality.  All the parts are also much more expensive here in the UK, sometimes twice as much, so my profit margins are also  much lower then most.
So when you factor all that in, i think you will find the cables a bargain.

Yes, the exchange rate has been fluctuating a lot recently, but unfortunately, i can and always will only be able to accept GBP as payment, even if i did have someone in the US selling the cables on my behalf.

I do have some dealers in a few other countries, who stock IEM cables of mine.

Indeed they are, as u mentioned it's hard to compare apples to apples, with US based Merchants and well you in the UK, the currency exchange and the possible increase of cost 

So yes, you cables are very much a Bargin :3

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #4,911 of 10,317
Hi Frank,

I didn't read through the whole thread here, it just too long :)

Can i ask when you say 6 week to build, can i assume that you consolidate the order and build the wire 1 shot, probably include connector lead time, once you got them all then build all the cable together? Or you had all the material but the que are just too long?

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #4,912 of 10,317
Frank.

How much is the 8 wire? I'm interested only if this is the top of the line IEM cable you make. Also, will this arrive as fast as my other SW?

I guess I have the current SW to hold me over until then...

If you answer this I'll send you PayPal.

Thanks
Sal

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #4,913 of 10,317
  Frank.

How much is the 8 wire? I'm interested only if this is the top of the line IEM cable you make. Also, will this arrive as fast as my other SW?

Thanks
Sal

You've been here for a while here, it might be best to conduct your buisness through PM instead of publiclly like this. Asking for prices it great, but as far as conditions of payment go, you should be in the habbit of only discussing that in secure [ish] channels of communication [suh as PM] But be careful about offering paypal in a public forum. remember that your IP adress isn't hidden, you tell the world you've got money ready for transfer and some one might take it.  

Still I am curious to hear more about this 8 wire Frank :D

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #4,914 of 10,317
Frank.

Thanks
Sal

Hey Sal,
Welcome!
As far i know franks most expensive cable is the (8wire?) 18awg silver venom..

But I agree with msshenay..best is to pm frank for prices and specifics..etc. Maybe he can cook up something one of a kind for u..as he did for me.. :D

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #4,915 of 10,317
Hey Sal,
Welcome!
As far i know franks most expensive cable is the (8wire?) 18awg silver venom..

But I agree with msshenay..best is to pm frank for prices and specifics..etc. Maybe he can cook up something one of a kind for u..as he did for me..
biggrin.gif

:O one of a kind... are you permitted to SHARE such information :D are there pictures of this wonderful, and what I assume is a custom TOTL cable :3

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #4,916 of 10,317
:O one of a kind... are you permitted to SHARE such information :D are there pictures of this wonderful, and what I assume is a custom TOTL cable :3

My cable is a one off black widow 22awg 8wired dual cabled (one completly sleeved cable for each side..so u can say i have one BW cable for left and one for right channel..its a balanced cable with dual carbon 3pins xlr connectors and black nylon sleeving. I was first to ever get this cable.. The he500 connectors are also not ur standard kind i understand from frank.

So nooo..i dont think its a TOTL cable ..as those are his venoms series..if i am not mistaken.. :wink:

but to be honest..i cant imagine going up from my cable would improve the sound for the better as to my ears this cable sounds just right... As i said..its balanced as my new amp will be totally balanced..so i let frank do this with my new amp in mind..now i am using a single end to dual xlr adapter cable (also made by frank!).. As the 337 is single ended..but even so..it sounds so right... :wink:

Ps..for prices..ask frank... For pics check my profile..there i have lots of pics of my cables... :D

And between us..honestly i dont know anymore whats allowed to be shared nowadays on headfi, so i post it..and if i get slapped by a moderator i know i didnt do the right thing..oopsie..was it allowed to share these kind of thoughts here? :D

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #4,918 of 10,317
  And we all thought you would be distracted by a certain small mini meet coming up this weekend...
wink.gif

Hehe, just a few days away now.  Things are starting to get exciting! 
smile.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #4,919 of 10,317
  Hi Frank,

I didn't read through the whole thread here, it just too long :)

Can i ask when you say 6 week to build, can i assume that you consolidate the order and build the wire 1 shot, probably include connector lead time, once you got them all then build all the cable together? Or you had all the material but the que are just too long?

No, parts are always in stock, that is something i have plenty of. The lead time is due to cables i have left to build first.

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #4,920 of 10,317
I borrowed a SP from Maguire expecting it to be bright and lacking bass, but what I got was very nice, impactful bass. More than the stock, especially in terms of sub bass. Man, I will be very sad when I have to return it in a while. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back