Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #4,321 of 10,317
That might be a Frank question/discussion, he can probably point you in the right direction.  Having both the LCD2 and LCD3, it's without a doubt the LCD3 is a step up....they both have the same signature but the LCD3 just has more resolving mids and a better punch for bass....I listen to a lot of vocals so I favor the Audeze quite a bit.  The HE6 is a better overall headphone for a wider genre IMO.  I use Silver Poison currently for the Audeze phones and I haven't listened to it enough to report definitely improvements yet.  Hope this helps you......One thing people say is for sure true.....no need to buy the LCD2 since you'll buy the LCD3 shortly afterwards anyway haha.....My LCD2 is my travel setup now when I go on big trips and need to setup a mobile listening station.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #4,322 of 10,317
That might be a Frank question/discussion, he can probably point you in the right direction.  Having both the LCD2 and LCD3, it's without a doubt the LCD3 is a step up....they both have the same signature but the LCD3 just has more resolving mids and a better punch for bass....I listen to a lot of vocals so I favor the Audeze quite a bit.  The HE6 is a better overall headphone for a wider genre IMO.  I use Silver Poison currently for the Audeze phones and I haven't listened to it enough to report definitely improvements yet.  Hope this helps you......One thing people say is for sure true.....no need to buy the LCD2 since you'll buy the LCD3 shortly afterwards anyway haha.....My LCD2 is my travel setup now when I go on big trips and need to setup a mobile listening station.

Thanks for the info. Actually I ordered a LCD2 last month but luckily I was told that they are out of stock and therefore I cancel the order and thinking of LCD3 instead as I mostly listen to jazz vocals. I have been struggling for some time without action but with your experience I think LCD3 should be my choice. Most probably I will use SW for LCD3 as there are many good feedback from folks here.

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #4,323 of 10,317
Quote:

Thanks for the info. Actually I ordered a LCD2 last month but luckily I was told that they are out of stock and therefore I cancel the order and thinking of LCD3 instead as I mostly listen to jazz vocals. I have been struggling for some time without action but with your experience I think LCD3 should be my choice.Most probably I will use SW for LCD3 as there are many good feedback from folks here.

I second this, LCD-3 and SW is a very good choice. LCDs in general are great for jazz vocals!

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #4,324 of 10,317
Quote:
I second this, LCD-3 and SW is a very good choice. LCDs in general are great for jazz vocals!

+1 Just received back my SW reterminated to balanced. Good times are back! No more of stock torture to endure.

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #4,326 of 10,317
Anybody know if frank makes silver widow mini to mini? And price. He's been too busy lately. Not sleeping till 6a.m.:D

I have a 4strands bw mini to dual rca..so i am sure mini to mini in sw wont be a problem for him also.

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #4,328 of 10,317
Looks like Joe's got some serious cables thing going: http://www.head-fi.org/a/2013-head-fi-summer-buying-guide-cables-accessories
Based on looks alone Frank's cables win this round for me. As I haven't heard the others I can't comment on that.

I can't be more pleased at the moment with the combo of Balanced Silver Widows + LCD-3s + Taboo MK3. The synergy is just fantastic. If on my SS amplifier the SWs were just a smidge sharper on the treble than I liked, on the tube amp it's a perfect match. It probably had to do with the edgy treble of the SS and not the cable itself.

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #4,329 of 10,317
Silver Widow mini to mini or LOD would really be fantastic, it's one hell of a good cable......
size]

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #4,331 of 10,317
Quote:
Looks like Joe's got some serious cables thing going: http://www.head-fi.org/a/2013-head-fi-summer-buying-guide-cables-accessories
Based on looks alone Frank's cables win this round for me. As I haven't heard the others I can't comment on that.

I can't be more pleased at the moment with the combo of Balanced Silver Widows + LCD-3s + Taboo MK3. The synergy is just fantastic. If on my SS amplifier the SWs were just a smidge sharper on the treble than I liked, on the tube amp it's a perfect match. It probably had to do with the edgy treble of the SS and not the cable itself.

How many hours would you say you have on your SW?

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #4,332 of 10,317
Quote:
How many hours would you say you have on your SW?

It's quite a good while since I've originally got it. I only had it reterminated recently. Thus I don't remember much regarding the burn-in as it was a while ago.

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #4,334 of 10,317
Quote:

Okay, I have now made up my mind to go for LCD3 instead of LCD2.  As I have a SW for my HD800 I have PM Frank to make a pair of HD800>>LCD3 adapter for me so that I don't need to wait for +16 weeks for a new SW cable
gs1000.gif
 Hope the waiting time is +4 to +6 weeks for the adapter
biggrin.gif
 Still waiting for Franks reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back