Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 4, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #3,842 of 10,312
Quote:
Almost 14 weeks now. But it was discussed with Frank :) I just need to be more patient... It's difficult though...

I am sure it won't be too long to have your cable from Frank.  Frank always tries his best to deliver his orders within the time frame.  My SW should be deliverd sometime early August as I have been waiting for a few weeks already.

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #3,843 of 10,312
Quote:
I am sure it won't be too long to have your cable from Frank.  Frank always tries his best to deliver his orders within the time frame.  My SW should be deliverd sometime early August as I have been waiting for a few weeks already.

Is the wait just on headphone cables or on IEM cables as well? My IEM cable came in something like 2 weeks. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #3,844 of 10,312
Quote:
Is the wait just on headphone cables or on IEM cables as well? My IEM cable came in something like 2 weeks. 

As i get 20x as many orders for headphone cables, then IEM cables, i make all IEM cable orders in one single batch, this is also because they are much easier to make, as most have the IEM side already terminated by the overmolder. 
So the nearer you order to the batch being made, the quicker you get it.

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #3,845 of 10,312
Quote:
As i get 20x as many orders for headphone cables, then IEM cables, i make all IEM cable orders in one single batch, this is also because they are much easier to make, as most have the IEM side already terminated by the overmolder. 

That explains it. Thanks. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #3,846 of 10,312

Sooooo......, did I order closer or farther from the finishing of the batch? :rolleyes:

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #3,848 of 10,312
Quote:
Does Toxic Cables stop selling the diy parts/wires on eBay? I can not find it now...

Frank got hacked and will re-list the items ASAP, someone added fake iphones on his account. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #3,851 of 10,312
nvm.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,852 of 10,312
Thanks to Frank, my portable setup is now a tad... cooler. I got a balanced interconnect between -dB and RX MK3, a Silver Widow one. There are rumours that when changing the volume, there will be a scratchy sound when the amp is in balanced mode.

Not so! Well... all I can say is that this does not happen with my setup. If that is down to my unit not having that error or Franks craftmanship, I couldn't tell you.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the cable and my setup. 

Notice that Frank even aligned the logo so that when connected, they face the same way. 

Yes, that is a Silver Poison for my HE-500s...

Soundwise - it is different compared to single-ended. Not night-and-day, but details are a little sharper and I feel the bass is tighter and slightly stronger . I like it.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #3,853 of 10,312
Just to set the record straight I am one of those people who bitched and moaned about the delay in the delivery of my Silver Poisons for Hifiman that were ordered late last year. They were delivered 2 weeks ago and replaced another well-known after-market silver cable. In short, I am thrilled with the cable! More resolving and my HE-6's ,my favorite phone, is even more fantastic than before. The upshot is that despite my whining I have ordered another silver cable for my LCD-2.2's.

Trying to be fair here.....

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #3,854 of 10,312
Quote:
Just to set the record straight I am one of those people who bitched and moaned about the delay in the delivery of my Silver Poisons for Hifiman that were ordered late last year. They were delivered 2 weeks ago and replaced another well-known after-market silver cable. In short, I am thrilled with the cable! More resolving and my HE-6's ,my favorite phone, is even more fantastic than before. The upshot is that despite my whining I have ordered another silver cable for my LCD-2.2's.

Trying to be fair here.....

beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #3,855 of 10,312
Quote:
Thanks to Frank, my portable setup is now a tad... cooler. I got a balanced interconnect between -dB and RX MK3, a Silver Widow one. There are rumours that when changing the volume, there will be a scratchy sound when the amp is in balanced mode.

Not so! Well... all I can say is that this does not happen with my setup. If that is down to my unit not having that error or Franks craftmanship, I couldn't tell you.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the cable and my setup. 

Notice that Frank even aligned the logo so that when connected, they face the same way. 

Yes, that is a Silver Poison for my HE-500s...

Soundwise - it is different compared to single-ended. Not night-and-day, but details are a little sharper and I feel the bass is tighter and slightly stronger . I like it.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, i am glad you like it. Your mini USB to lightning is no on route.

I have decided to keep my eBay shop offline for awhile, so that i have more time to catch up on order. It takes up a good few hours every other day, to pack all the eBay parts, which i could spend making cables.

Should any existing customers need any parts, please feel free to contact me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back