Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #61 of 277
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/2015-New-Topping-TP-NX2-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-DAC-USB-Rechargeable-AUX-In-/311288230619?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item487a3972db

Crazy pricing by eBay seller Tool Nerd

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Topping-NX2-Ultra-Slim-Portable-Headphone-Rechargeable-Amplifier-with-USB-DAC-/261770552123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf2bda33b

Then another listing by same seller with down to earth pricing

MMMMMMMMMM.......:rolleyes:

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #62 of 277
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/2015-New-Topping-TP-NX2-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-DAC-USB-Rechargeable-AUX-In-/311288230619?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item487a3972db

Crazy pricing by eBay seller Tool Nerd

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Topping-NX2-Ultra-Slim-Portable-Headphone-Rechargeable-Amplifier-with-USB-DAC-/261770552123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf2bda33b

Then another listing by same seller with down to earth pricing

MMMMMMMMMM.......
rolleyes.gif

I'm really feeling for the 18 previous buyers at the $164 price
rolleyes.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #64 of 277

What me do if me were the one of the 18 buyer

Ooh, she's a real ball buster. Maybe where the term "Not tonight honey I have a headache" came from
blink.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #65 of 277
Anyone have this device working with an LG G3? Phone does not seem to recognize the device while it works perfectly on my PC. It could possibly be the cable but I have it confirmed working earlier.

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #66 of 277
What cable are you running between the LG and NX2? I know it won't be the same one as on th PC:confused:

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #68 of 277
  I am running a simple usb OTG cable I bought from aliexpress. One end has mini usb and the other micro usb. It worked with my old and not so trusty Fiio E07k.

Just to check whether the cable is functioning properly it can easily be tested by connecting a usb pen drive, computer mouse or a keyboard. I suggest run a check on that cable.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #70 of 277
  Yeah, I'm just gonna connect my fiio e07k when I get home. I just realized I can use it for the check even though it broke, cause 1 channel remains working.

OT, but try this: plug an 3.5mm plug to your E07K AUX socket, then unplug it. Repeat a few times, then check if both channels are working or not.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #71 of 277
Yeah, I can definitely try that, it mostly didn't occur to me because the channel went silent with quite the popping sound, and I hear a fearful popping when connecting so I thought it would probably be best to just leave the amp alone altogether.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #73 of 277
Just posted this pic in another thread and thought it might be of interest here:

This is an NX2 strapped to a Raspberry Pi running Volumio. There is a Wifi dongle and a USB drive in the back of the Pi (this version of the Pi has 4 USB ports). It connects automatically to my network on start-up so I can control it from a web browser on any device, and I can also play FLACs from my NAS drive if I don't have something on the USB key (which holds TVBR AAC files). In an earlier version of this set-up I used an ODAC and and O2 amp. The NX2 doesn't quite match those, but it's close enough that I don't bother carrying around the extra bulk of the O2/ODAC version from room to room (which is what this little set-up is for). Not bad at all for the price 
biggrin.gif
 (of the Pi, and the NX2).

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #75 of 277
  But does it provide enough power for the senns?

In terms of volume, plenty. My loud, but comfortable, listening level is 2-4 on the dial (depending on the music), so there is plenty to spare. With my quietest piece of classical music I'm at 8 - but that is an exceptionally quiet piece of music.

In terms of "drive" (whatever that is), it won't replace my O2 or my Little Dot, but it is startlingly close, for the price. Definitely no complaints from me. Even better than the price/performance ratio is the size/performance ratio. I'm not about to strap my O2 or my LD to my phone! Or my Pi - well, not the LD, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back