Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #31 of 277
Whether amp or no amp...there is no wrong or right...as long as you enjoy your muzak...Cheers

If all head-fiers agree on this.... this world's problems would end 
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #33 of 277
  If all head-fiers agree on this.... this world's problems would end 
biggrin.gif

What, the world has problems
blink.gif

Addendum to that Reputation: Was kinda being sarcastic to Wokei's post, I'm more like this fella
wink_face.gif

snoopydancing.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #35 of 277
So I have run my NX2 for about 72 hours now and it sounds very nice on my Klipsch S4's and Senn PX-100 II's. Sounds a tad bit warmer than when I first un-boxed it and I had not put it back on the charger as of yet but yesterday I ran it as a dac off my Lattitude and it was sweet, not sure if it's on par with my Music Streamer II I usually run on it but a $60 combo it is very nice. Like I said I have not recharged it and I'm pretty sure it gets no charge while connected as a dac, manual says nothing about that but since I have a separate input for charge from the dac input I'm going to say I was still using the initial charge juice
rolleyes.gif
 Can't wait for my NX1 to get here so I can compare these babies side by side, still reading good props on the NX1 and hoping it does not sound a whole lot better than the NX2 since it was a little over half the NX2 price! 

Great choice in pictures Wokei, my wife and youngest took his best friend and mom to see Mary Poppins playing at our local playhouse last night
wink_face.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #36 of 277
72 hours is good enuf for me .....sound warmer ..would like to see how it compared to NX1 as me find them pretty neutral ...:wink:

BTW ....Mary Poppins one the best musical movie for me ...:D

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #37 of 277
72 hours is good enuf for me .....sound warmer ..would like to see how it compared to NX1 as me find them pretty neutral ...
wink.gif

BTW ....Mary Poppins one the best musical movie for me ...
biggrin.gif

We do all hear things a little different, same three songs I tested yesterday that I played right out of the box did not seem/sound as bright to me but I'm going to see how the NX1 sounds right out the box too. 

Musical's, I'm a Danny Kaye fan
wink_face.gif
 Have always loved "The Five Pennies"

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #38 of 277
I just bought it last week and very impressed with the build and it does sounds warmer, I'm using carbo tenore iem. when I'm using it with my mac is okay, but when I want to plug it on my iphone, it needs camera connection kit, does it affect the sound quality? thanks

Mar 26, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #40 of 277
hello everyone.
I recently buy nx2 until now I used it with headphone autoput as amp from a galaxy S3 (Android 4.3) now I bought a OTG cable micro-usb/mini-usb to use it as DAC but the result is that there 'is no output signal, absolute silence.
is there any special settings to do on the phone? I tried both with deadbeef that neutron but the result does not change

thanks and sorry for my english: /

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #41 of 277
hello everyone.
I recently buy nx2 until now I used it with headphone autoput as amp from a galaxy S3 (Android 4.3) now I bought a OTG cable micro-usb/mini-usb to use it as DAC but the result is that there 'is no output signal, absolute silence.
is there any special settings to do on the phone? I tried both with deadbeef that neutron but the result does not change

thanks and sorry for my english: /

I am not an NX2 owner but have tried/used 3 different brand DAC/AMPs with my android devices successfully. So the info provided on the below accordingly...

Try to enable USB Debugging option from the developer settings of your android device. Then try again. If it doesn't work, download USB Audio Player app from the store. If still no result try another brand USB OTG cable (cable MUST be the OTG supported type).

EDIT: Connect your device before launching the app. Sometimes it takes 5-20 seconds for the device to recognize your DAC.

Mar 26, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #42 of 277
I am not an NX2 owner but have tried/used 3 different brand DAC/AMPs with my android devices successfully. So the info provided on the below accordingly...

Try to enable USB Debugging option from the developer settings of your android device. Then try again. If it doesn't work, download USB Audio Player app from the store. If still no result try another brand USB OTG cable (cable MUST be the OTG supported type).

EDIT: Connect your device before launching the app. Sometimes it takes 5-20 seconds for the device to recognize your DAC.

first of all thanks Baycode for your reply :)

this is the final result (galaxy S3 andoid 4.3 stock)
USB debug -> no output
USB audio player -> OK! (dac recognised immediately)

the OTG cable is the cheapest one on ebay (lindy 0.5mt)

(the NX2 DAC sounds great!)

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #43 of 277
first of all thanks Baycode for your reply :)

this is the final result (galaxy S3 andoid 4.3 stock)
USB debug -> no output
USB audio player -> OK! (dac recognised immediately)

the OTG cable is the cheapest one on ebay (lindy 0.5mt)

(the NX2 DAC sounds great!)

You're welcome :wink:

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #44 of 277
Well look what came in that I took on vacation last week with his big brother I bought last month
biggrin.gif
 While I'm at it let me thank Wokei for helping me miss-appropriate my funds once again
very_evil_smiley.gif

I guess this small and brief review could go in either this thread or the NX1 thread but just wanted to put in a weeks worth of impressions on them while I've got them fresh in the melon! I'll talk about my thoughts on the NX2 and put some reference in to the NX1. 
I'm sticking with my original report on the NX2 really being a iem amp, I believe more thought and design were intended for the DAC which is exceptional, I have run it as a dac on my Latitude, iPad and my sons Droid Bionic and found it to be very nice for a 16/48 DAC (on the Driod with Pistons it was real sweet sounding). If used as an amp it is exceptional on iem/ciem's at least the iem's I have. I gave you one but my Klipsch S4's, and Shure 215's loved this amp as well as my MOE's, Images, SR60's, PX-100 II's, PX-200. This amp can drive 702's, not loud but clean and clear at a decent level, the NX1 can drive my 702's easily on high gain but away from power both amps sound very much alike in signature and the most amazing thing for me with both was their ability to pull down low on some bass. Never expected it and for the money I would recommend either of the amps for their price point especially if you are driving something efficient
wink.gif
 So far battery life seems to be the same as well, they are both still on the initial charge with roughly 45 to 60 hours on each of them
bigsmile_face.gif
 Like my first impressions I don't really do reviews but more of what I think of what I bought and how they sound for the dollar spent. I leave the critical reviewing to those of you who are really good at breaking it down.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #45 of 277
Podster.....good write up ....thanks man

Good to know both models have similar sound signature and good battery life ....for the price of NX1 and NX2 ....should be a good buy and easy on the wallet .....definitely will keeping my NX1 and if ever in the market for DAC Amp without burning a hole in the wallet .....NX2 is the way to go ...cheers.

Btw ..really love my NX1 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back