TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #976 of 2,185
Anyone knows which specifications the wall charger have to be to charge the nx1?

It's a standard USB 5V so whatever phone charge you've got is fine.

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #978 of 2,185
sure? I don't wanna damage this beautiful thing
smily_headphones1.gif

100%

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #982 of 2,185

It's always entertaining to read how much a cable (alleged) improves the sound 
popcorn.gif

And just as entertaining watching members trying to shoot down others for simply enjoying their hobby. 
popcorn.gif

Received my cables in the past 2 days.

Currently using the Quad Braid Audio Minor SPC OFC Cryoed cable connecting a Clip Zip to NX1 driving the Havi B3 Pro 1. This cable brings out much more details than the Fiio cable I was initially using. It has a slighty brighter but fuller sound across the highs,mids and low. With this cable, the bass seems to dig deeper with a touch more weight. It also recreate a more precise soundstage and easier to pinpoint instrument location within the stage. It all adds up to be a very enjoyable budget setup which sounds more than what it cost in total outlay.

Thanks H2O for this discovery and to all those who stand by it. For the total cost I paid, I really didn't expect such quality. Cheers.

Looks good mate, I see onest11 has done a different braid on your silver cable, mines much tighter like a hair plait instead.

Enjoy your new toys. 

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #984 of 2,185
It's always entertaining to read how much a cable (alleged) improves the sound :popcorn:

Are you trying to turn this into a debate about cables like what happens to so many threads.

It's just a personal opinion i'm putting forth. Is there anything wrong stating what I heard?

To sumnarised what you have highlighted, it just simply the cable sending out a cleaner signal thus making it sounds the way I heard it.

I'm not gonna derail this thread so this would my last post here. I'll just delete the post and unsubscribe from this thread.

@TomM

Unless you are waiting for some sort of side show, please do this thread a favour and delete your post above with you munching on some pop corns.

Last but not least, thanks to H2O and all who have contributed to this thread leading me to this wonderful piece of gear.

Regards.

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #985 of 2,185
And just as entertaining watching members trying to shoot down others for simply enjoying their hobby. :popcorn:  

Looks good mate, I see onest11 has done a different braid on your silver cable, mines much tighter like a hair plait instead.

Enjoy your new toys. 

Thanks for the kind words H2O, what I ordered was a quad braid so the braiding is a little different. It's the best I have right now and keeping it for use with my incoming amp. Thanks for the recomnendation mate. will update you thru pm once it's setup.

Leo888

Lovin' those cable...I'm a believer...

Thanks Wokei, good to know that we have the same thoughts.. Btw, thanks for your help regarding my query thru our pm this morning. Appreciate it.

Ok. That's it. Should be going for good now and see you guys over at the other threads. Cheers.

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #986 of 2,185
@TomM

Unless you are waiting for some sort of side show, please do this thread a favour and delete your post above with you munching on some pop corns.

Last but not least, thanks to H2O and all who have contributed to this thread leading me to this wonderful piece of gear.

Regards.

Done. Sorry. My bad.

... I just couldn't resist. As it was written, it read like one was moving from a gaming headset to headphone like the K701.
But I understand, that this is a hobby and if one hears that kind of differences, why not spending the extra money for high-quality cables.

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #987 of 2,185
Done. Sorry. My bad.

... I just couldn't resist. As it was written, it read like one was moving from a gaming headset to headphone like the K701.
But I understand, that this is a hobby and if one hears that kind of differences, why not spending the extra money for high-quality cables.
better cable can reduce background noise? My nx1 has a considerable background noise...

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #988 of 2,185
better cable can reduce background noise? My nx1 has a considerable background noise...

I my opinion, a reasonable cable (for me, this is normally at a price level of about 10€), with proper shielding could help.
But if you don't have a super cheap cable, I would not expect too much.

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #990 of 2,185
I use this one in combination with my iPod Touch 4G: http://www.amazon.de/FiiO-L10-Line-out-Verl%C3%A4ngerte-version/dp/B005DK08X6/ref=cm_pdp_rev_itm_title_3

And this one with my MS Surface 2: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007SUQUAE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With neither I have background issues on the NX1 (Sony MH1 nor Beyer DT 880).

EDIT:
Haven't tried the stock cables though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back