TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #946 of 2,185
Just received mine. Seems like it was opened before and put back into the package. The retail box lid where one have to flip up to reach the contents are wide open and plastic wrapping the retail box have been ripped. Furthermore, there's a scuff mark along the usb charge port to the screw at the corner. Anyone receive theirs in this condition? Hopefully, it's not an issue and looks forward to some thoughts or feedbacks.

For now, everything seems to work fine. Will charge the unit and see if it will have any issue.

Anyway, initial impression is positive fed by the Rocco BA with a Fiio line out cable driving the TE-1 Will play around with some other iems while I wait for my cable to arrive.

Thanks in advance

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #947 of 2,185
Just received mine. Seems like it was opened before and put back into the package. The retail box lid where one have to flip up to reach the contents are wide open and plastic wrapping the retail box have been ripped. Furthermore, there's a scuff mark along the usb charge port to the screw at the corner. Anyone receive theirs in this condition? Hopefully, it's not an issue and looks forward to some thoughts or feedbacks.

For now, everything seems to work fine. Will charge the unit and see if it will have any issue.

Anyway, initial impression is positive fed by the Rocco BA with a Fiio line out cable driving the TE-1 Will play around with some other iems while I wait for my cable to arrive.

Thanks in advance

I received mine couple of hours ago. My packaging was also not proper. It looked like someone tried to open the box or it may be because of loose packaging. Fortunately there are no scratches or any damage on the body.
Will put my impressions later. At the moment I'm trying to adjust my brain for flatter NX1 from much colored Fiio E6.
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #948 of 2,185
I received mine couple of hours ago. My packaging was also not proper. It looked like someone tried to open the box or it may be because of loose packaging. Fortunately there are no scratches or any damage on the body.
Will put my impressions later. At the moment I'm trying to adjust my brain for flatter NX1 from much colored Fiio E6.:wink:  

Thanks for the feedback, aaDee.

Mine was obvious that something was used to cut the plastic wrap covering the retail box. There's a clean straight cut before being rip to the side. Charging the unit now and if nothing out of the ordinary happens, it should be fine. Anyway, I was expecting for a long wait but it came in 2 weeks which is pretty fast.

Good to know that your unit is ok. Enjoy yourself with your new toy.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #950 of 2,185
Leo888 and aaDee

Hope everything is +A okay with your NX1....cheers

Thanks wokei for the kind words. Charging it now and maybe can you let me know how long will it takes to fully charge from a 1 amp wall plug. The red light will turn to blue when it's fully charged. Am I right about this?

Anyway, I have 3 mini to mini cables coming in soon hopefully and will only start burning the NX1 along with one of the cable that matches best. Picture will be posted when all of them comes in. Cheers.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #951 of 2,185
Thanks wokei for the kind words. Charging it now and maybe can you let me know how long will it takes to fully charge from a 1 amp wall plug. The red light will turn to blue when it's fully charged. Am I right about this?

Anyway, I have 3 mini to mini cables coming in soon hopefully and will only start burning the NX1 along with one of the cable that matches best. Picture will be posted when all of them comes in. Cheers.

Iirc ...the red light will go off when fully charged ..only charge them sucker twice since got them in July ...will wait for your impression on NX1 ...cheers

Charge time is about 3 hrs ..me think ....from wall plug

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #952 of 2,185
Iirc ...the red light will go off when fully charged ..only charge them sucker twice since got them in July ...will wait for your impression on NX1 ...cheers

Charge time is about 3 hrs ..me think ....from wall plug

Thanks wokei. Will try to put in some amateurish impression once I have enough time with them. Cheers.

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #954 of 2,185
Thanks for the feedback, aaDee.

Mine was obvious that something was used to cut the plastic wrap covering the retail box. There's a clean straight cut before being rip to the side. Charging the unit now and if nothing out of the ordinary happens, it should be fine. Anyway, I was expecting for a long wait but it came in 2 weeks which is pretty fast.

Good to know that your unit is ok. Enjoy yourself with your new toy.

yea..mine too came in 2 weeks whereas the tracking website shows its still at Singapore airport lol
biggrin.gif
You said you will be burning in NX1?? I didnt know that. Does it change the sound?? How do we burn in?? with pink noise??

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #956 of 2,185

yea..mine too came in 2 weeks whereas the tracking website shows its still at Singapore airport lol
biggrin.gif
You said you will be burning in NX1?? I didnt know that. Does it change the sound?? How do we burn in?? with pink noise??

That's weird for your item to be delivered to you while tracking says it's in Singapore. But the important thing is that you receive them.

Some members have stated that it improves or settle down to it's intended sound over some play time, so I'll be doing it as it's not going to take too much effort. Could be brain burn in though depending on your believes. And yes, I've gears that improves over time.

Cheers.

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #957 of 2,185
  That's weird for your item to be delivered to you while tracking says it's in Singapore. But the important thing is that you receive them.

Some members have stated that it improves or settle down to it's intended sound over some play time, so I'll be doing it as it's not going to take too much effort. Could be brain burn in though depending on your believes. And yes, I've gears that improves over time.

Cheers.

I notice a slight difference in sound by using Fiio cable that came with E6. Sound is more juicy. It improved bass overall which was dead flat with the stock Topping cable.
Which cables you ordered??

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #958 of 2,185

I notice a slight difference in sound by using Fiio cable that came with E6. Sound is more juicy. It improved bass overall which was dead flat with the stock Topping cable.
Which cables you ordered??

Currently using Fiio cable that came with my E7 which have been in storage for long long time. Can't remember how long. It's definitely better than stock cable provided and the cable is made of PC OCC cable if memory serves me well. It's actually a good value cable.  

I've a 12cm Silver Plate OFC, 10cm Silver Plated OCC and a 13cm Silver cable on their way to me along with a Cayin C5. Will need some time to find the best combination with my Clip Zip, Rocco BA and DX50. I've have the Havi B3, TTPOD TE-1 and VSD3S  only about a couple weeks back and I guess it will keep me occupy for some time and also time for my wallet to recover.

Will post some pics when the cable arrives. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back