TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #916 of 2,185
Good thing the thread's still alive.
I was looking to buy the NX1 as well and based from what people said here, it is safe to assume that the amp does it job really well, aye?
It's 35 euro here in ebay.de and it's a good price to pay to replace my FiiO E6 (that I start to doubt its performance compared to bigger portable amp). 

Yes...it does it's job well...

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #921 of 2,185
So I'm not the only lurker to be pulled into a purchase by the KZ EDSE's! I'm awaiting mine now having ordered last week and am considering an amp also in preparation for possible Havi birthday treat.

How does the NX1 affect the KZ's? I heard they were easy to drive...

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #922 of 2,185
So cheap, so kinda hard to say no, eh! I can't give you an experienced view flavored with professional terminology, but NX1 & KZ EDSE sounds pretty alright! Sound becomes more 3D, livelier and fuller with NX1, but it doesn't sound like the KZ's life completely depends on the amp. Strong-ish bass either way, considering the Sparkplugs are supposed to really bassy in bad way, these don't lose much in that. I have feeling this combination sounds pretty studio-y, not much colorful fluff, if you catch my drift. Yeah I'm just pulling words out of my ass, but might have some truth to them.

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #923 of 2,185
  Hey new guy here. I already ordered this amp off of Amazon but the seller has not given me an accurate tracking number and the price was more than these guys: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topping-NX1-Earphone-Headphone-Portable-Amplifier-3-5mm-USB-Rechargeable-Battery-/181307924700

Does anyone have experience with them? I'm not as familiar with Amazon as I am eBay. 

Got mine from amazon with Shenzen Audio which was fulfilled by amazon so it shipped from an amazon warehouse to me. If it was fulfilled by amazon contact their support if you don't get it, if it was another seller with amazon that isn't fulfilled and such can file a claim. Mistakes happen and things get mixed up, two months ago I ordered a memory card and I got the memory card and also somebody's cast iron skillet. Shouldn't be too hard to fix things.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #924 of 2,185
Got mine from amazon with Shenzen Audio which was fulfilled by amazon so it shipped from an amazon warehouse to me. If it was fulfilled by amazon contact their support if you don't get it, if it was another seller with amazon that isn't fulfilled and such can file a claim. Mistakes happen and things get mixed up, two months ago I ordered a memory card and I got the memory card and also somebody's cast iron skillet. Shouldn't be too hard to fix things.

I'm gonna give em til Sunday. I ordered last Thursday so this is a heck of a wait at the post office! They have a 94% rating so I'm gonna give them a little faith.

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #925 of 2,185
So cheap, so kinda hard to say no, eh! I can't give you an experienced view flavored with professional terminology, but NX1 & KZ EDSE sounds pretty alright! Sound becomes more 3D, livelier and fuller with NX1, but it doesn't sound like the KZ's life completely depends on the amp. Strong-ish bass either way, considering the Sparkplugs are supposed to really bassy in bad way, these don't lose much in that. I have feeling this combination sounds pretty studio-y, not much colorful fluff, if you catch my drift. Yeah I'm just pulling words out of my ass, but might have some truth to them.

That's great, thanks: as long as they benefit in some way from the NX1 then the plan to gently explore this world of rarified listening pleasures is intact! So much cheaper than forking out for a $60 IEM plus amp without any experience.

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #926 of 2,185
That's great, thanks: as long as they benefit in some way from the NX1 then the plan to gently explore this world of rarified listening pleasures is intact! So much cheaper than forking out for a $60 IEM plus amp without any experience.

Definitely..good amp for budget wise which perform well above it's price...Me like the flat neutral signature...pretty sure it will make your existing iem sounds much better...cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back