TOPPING G5 Portable DAC/Amp Now on Apos
Aug 30, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #31 of 100
Since I broke my Monolith portable 124460 by a simple drop from sitting on a flight (knocked out the headphone jack and was quoted over $200 to fix it) I have been searching for months for a new portable. I was not able to make my mind up on what DAC/AMP to purchase and suddenly saw this thread. I was thinking of waiting for the XD05PRO but the G5 seems amazing for the price and I am an old fart so I need something easy to use. I am excitingly awaiting shipping and glad that a headfi sponsor (APOS) had it for sale. I am not a true audiophile but will be doing a write up about the G5 after I try it out with all of my headphones. I can't wait

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #33 of 100
Someone had an idea that at the size of c9 one could get a l30 2 and portable power supply for a fraction of the cost of c9.

Is topping l30 2 the same quality as c9?

@Apos Audio Is there any transportable topping or apos devices i could tote for a fraction of c9 price at the same quality?

Sep 12, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #35 of 100
I'm one of those people who thinks "sound good" means "the output sounds like the input." You know: fidelity. Measurements are perfectly good at determining that.
I got topping l30 2 and e30 2 stack. Sounds phenomenal! Bests my fiio m17 imho especially in clarity and sounding clean.

I thought it would sound boring because it measures so well on paper. Actually sounds pretty musical.

E30 2 kinda meh by itself but with amp especially l30 2 it sounds nearly perfect

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #38 of 100
Well... My G5 was supposedly delivered according to tracking, but, no, not the case. We live in a rural area so no porch pirates. I was home the whole day, and there was no delivery. I have a Ring doorbell and I reviewed the entire day’s activity and no delivery person.

APOS is looking into what happened.

But, if you have a choice always insist that nothing is delivered by OnTrac, or as we not so lovingly refer to it, OffTrac. Whenever I see something is out with OnTrac I always realize it is a gamble…

Sep 16, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #41 of 100
Any comparisons to stuff like ifi signature? Or other dac amps?
Not at the moment. I’ve mostly been using dongles or desktop gear as of late. It’s been long enough that I couldn’t tell you if it’s comparable to the iDSD Signature or not but iFi has its fun xbass and xspace as well as better output features. For like half the price I think the G5 will be for most people regardless of peak output power or input/output feature from upper end gear like the iDSD signature.

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #42 of 100
Not at the moment. I’ve mostly been using dongles or desktop gear as of late. It’s been long enough that I couldn’t tell you if it’s comparable to the iDSD Signature or not but iFi has its fun xbass and xspace as well as better output features. For like half the price I think the G5 will be for most people regardless of peak output power or input/output feature from upper end gear like the iDSD signature.
What desktop gear can you compare it to?

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #45 of 100
Fantastic compared to what other dacs?
it literally sounds like a top stationary dac , all the little dacs don't sound like it at all, it's a lot top notch, you literally get crazy sounding, it's really hard for me to describe it but I'll release a review soon, I'm literally flying into space with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back