Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier
May 21, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #451 of 468
I have the DX7S and have had no problems at all. I am driving it with a USB out from an Android TV Box using the UAPP app. No hicups, freezing or any other problems. It seems to me that folks using a PC or MAC seem to have strange problems.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #452 of 468
A few times my DX7S's USB stops working for a few days, then will start working again, is there a known issue with USB?

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #453 of 468
A few times my DX7S's USB stops working for a few days, then will start working again, is there a known issue with USB?
It's been like that for me for past couple months. USB connection is not stable with my PC for some reasons. Sample rate locks itself which result no sound from Tidal and the track is playing at the same time. Only way around is to disconnect USB cable and restart the unit. It's a pain to do for multiple times a day. I've been using optical input for past couple weeks. No issue at all with optical input. Hope someone can help to address this issue.

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #454 of 468
It's been like that for me for past couple months. USB connection is not stable with my PC for some reasons. Sample rate locks itself which result no sound from Tidal and the track is playing at the same time. Only way around is to disconnect USB cable and restart the unit. It's a pain to do for multiple times a day. I've been using optical input for past couple weeks. No issue at all with optical input. Hope someone can help to address this issue.
I am running USB from an Android TV box with the UAPP app....no problems
It may be the PC or software you are using

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #455 of 468
I've had my Topping DX7s for several months, USB is flaky and the balanced headphone jack's left channel is not working.
Guess it's time to ship it back for warranty repair or replacement.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #456 of 468
I've had my Topping DX7s for several months, USB is flaky and the balanced headphone jack's left channel is not working.
Guess it's time to ship it back for warranty repair or replacement.

My DX7s of several months is not giving me any problem with my HE-4XX, DT880Pro and Takstar HF580. I use USB to connect to my PC. Problem is, till now I just don't know how to use the FIR thingy.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #459 of 468
The dx7s doesn’t come with a remote but can it be controlled by one? Also does the volume knob have a max and a min or can I spit it freely?
My DX7 and DX7 Pro both came with remotes but I don't know about the DX7s. But I can tell you that the volume knob spins freely in both directions.

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #461 of 468
I enjoy the feature set on the DX7-Pro, but replaced it with the D90/A90 combinations for headphone sessions. The DX7-Pro has a brighter sound to my ears so I've paired it up with some vintage Martin-Logan electrostatics (and a giant Classe' multi-channel amp) to breathe a few more years of life into them.

May 16, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #462 of 468
I want to try replacing the opamps in the DX7s with MUSES01, anyone ever did something like this? Sparkos has soic-8 to dip-8 adapters

May 16, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #463 of 468
I want to try replacing the opamps in the DX7s with MUSES01, anyone ever did something like this? Sparkos has soic-8 to dip-8 adapters
Sure you can do that. D10, D50, DX7; the switchable op amp has little function though. Output will pass through it but I doubt the amp will affect much. So IMO not worth the effort, as long as a good buffer chip is in there (like the stock one, or an OPA1656), performance is maximum..

May 16, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #464 of 468
Not sure about the MUSES01 but the Burson V6 did a real job on my DX7 Pro.

May 16, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #465 of 468
Sure you can do that. D10, D50, DX7; the switchable op amp has little function though. Output will pass through it but I doubt the amp will affect much. So IMO not worth the effort, as long as a good buffer chip is in there (like the stock one, or an OPA1656), performance is maximum..
DX7s has 4 OPA1612, I want to change all 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back