Tokyo 2014 Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival May 10-11
Apr 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #16 of 62
Yeah i had a hard time finding it the first time too (e-earphone).

Fujiya avic nakano is on the third floor. Its at one of the far ends. ( if you think of each level as a rectangle).

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #18 of 62
I'll be there!  I'll actually be staying at the Nakano Sun Plaza Hotel, which is terribly convenient for obvious reasons.  The price is fairly reasonable @ ~$120USD.  Sorry- no mini-meet because I'll be traveling with my mommy.  I'll have my own room, but I can't just abandon her.  =(  

Regarding money, if you are flying into Narita, my favorite way of getting into town is either Narita Express or Keisei Skyliner- depending on where you will be staying.  Both tickets can be purchased with a credit card.  Then once you're in town, 7-Elevens are EVERYWHERE.  Just look on Google maps, zoom in close enough in map view and you'll see them.  I have Chase ATM which I think is Cirrus.  Other than a $300/day limit, I've never had an issue using it in the last several years.  So even though I have some yen and a Pasmo card already, I would not feel uncomfortable landing in Tokyo without a single yen as long as I have a credit card and my Chase ATM.  Also, Yodobashi, e-earphone, and Fujiya all take Visa.

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #19 of 62
I've also made the guide below into an article, here: http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-find-the-tokyo-e-earphone-shop

I think I need to make a video guide on how to get to e-earphone. The difficulty is finding the entrance to the building which has their orange sign.

The red writing on the road across the middle says "Chuo Dori". It's the huge main road. The train line on it is a subway. 
The small orange box is the building e-earphone is in. The big pink building to the left of it is the very large, black building. 
The entrance to the orange building is on the road it is touching. It has a sign outside with the names of the shops inside, including the e-earphone one. There's no door, you just walk past the sign into the building to the elevator and take it to the 5th floor.

Here's google maps. Note that the orientation of the map has Chuo Dori vertical. 
From Akihabara station, you want the opposite side of the train lines that Yodobashi is on.
I've marked the big black building as "Hall" as that is where the e-earphone festival is held.

This is an old, google street view picture of the entrance. Instead of the orange DVD4649 sign, the 5th floor sign will now say e-earphone. 

Here is a bunch of us standing in the entrance way to the building:

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #20 of 62

Looking forward to meeting you as well.

haha speaking of headphones in Tokyo, I found the Yodobashi Camera easy enough today in Akiba, but I couldn't locate the e-earphones or Fujiya Avic store, though I did spend most the day nerding out in anime stores 
redface.gif

Just to be clear, isn't Fujiya Avic in Nakano?  There's a Dynamic Audio headphone shop in Akihabara.'

Best,

-Jason

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #22 of 62
The problem in Japan is, shops can be on any floor of a building. Instead of malls that are spread out across 1-3 floors, stores in places like Akihabara are in small, tall buildings which are one-shop-per-floor, rather like we might have doctors, dentists, lawyers and other professionals in small office blocks.

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #23 of 62
Well that would certainly explain why I didn't find it...I'll have to stop there today on my way back to akihabara from harajuku. Thanks!
I'm heading to e-earphone bite myself. PM me if you wanna meet there or have a cuppa coffee & chat or something. Brought the AK240, TG!334, ADs, & Herus with me.

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #24 of 62
The event details are as follows :-

10th May 11 a.m. -> 7 p.m.
11th May 10:30 a.m. -> 6 p.m.
At the Sun Plaza, Nakano occupying floors 6, 7, 13, 14, & 15.

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #25 of 62
Oh dear, that's going to be torture walking between floors. I guess we're going to be getting a lot of exercise.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #26 of 62
Hey guys

Suica is for travel around the (inner) city, right?

Last time I came to Tokyo I got a Suica and NEX (Narita Express).

This time I'm flying INTO Narita and then OUT OF Haneda. Is there a special ticket I can get that will work for these express train routes coming in and out of the city?

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #27 of 62
I don’t think you can pay for NEX with a SUICA (or PASMO) card.  But I can’t really think of any reason you’d want to in particular.  You can buy an NEX ticket with a credit card.  It sounds like you’re in luck because they’re having a ‘Special’ on one-way NRT > Tokyo:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html#category02

They used to have a package that included NEX and some SUICA yen, but it looks like that is over:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/suica_nex.html

And yup- SUICA (and PASMO) are good on pretty much all trains and buses within the Tokyo area.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #28 of 62
Every train network used to have their own card which didn't work on the others, but now every card works on all the regular commuter networks. Suica is the most well-known one for JR trains, but works on subway trains and busses through most of the country.

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #29 of 62
A comment on trains from me now that my first trip to Japan is coming to an end. Japanese trains are bloody expensive compared to trains in korea 
redface.gif

I also managed to get to e-earphones with AnakChan's help, heard the Vorzuge Pure II amp which I thought was pretty awesome, will need to check that one out some more.

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #30 of 62
  I don’t think you can pay for NEX with a SUICA (or PASMO) card.  But I can’t really think of any reason you’d want to in particular.  You can buy an NEX ticket with a credit card.  It sounds like you’re in luck because they’re having a ‘Special’ on one-way NRT > Tokyo:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html#category02

They used to have a package that included NEX and some SUICA yen, but it looks like that is over:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/suica_nex.html

And yup- SUICA (and PASMO) are good on pretty much all trains and buses within the Tokyo area.

On my last visit I bought a SUICA and NEX bundle, using the former for travel on JR and subway and the latter (obvs) for travel between city and Narita.

Good to see the NEX is on special at the moment.

re. e-earphone It's a pain to find but well worth the effort:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2013/10/headphoning-in-tokyo-part-2-v-moda-e-earphone/

......and once you find it you'll think you've died and gone to headphone heaven.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back